Shortsightedness Causes Headaches

It's become rote around here this week to call Miserable Suburban Guy radio, e-mail local sports cable networks or post on Redskins blogs about Jason Campbell's regression, to the point that some warped louts ... Read more
Patrick from facebook

Rockville, MD

#1 Dec 4, 2008
This is Jason's 4th year. How long do we have to wait? What makes Jason so special that we have to wait for him to develop? Isn't the goal of every year to win a Superbowl and not as a season to "develop" a quarterback? I mean if this is the case, then whey did we even bother watching these season's games as it's just for Jason's dvelopment anaywy? Being a starter means you must be at the top of your game already, that's why you're a starter. What makes Jason so special that we have to develop him, he's been with the team for four years, and to say he's still learning the offense is a bunch of bull. I say he's fully developed. Didn't you see how well he played the frst half of the season on the road? How can you say he's still learning the system. It's not about the system it's the player. Brett Favre went to a new system wiht the Jets in his first year and he flourished. Matt Ryan, a rookie in a "new system" and he flourished. Jason is who he is, a guy that just can't see the openings and just can't think fast enough for the pro level. Why can't you all see this? He's not clutch and accurate. He only passes to wide open check downs, which are most of the time short of the first down on third down situations. When he does go for the covered wide outs he gets intercepted or the pass is too strong, most of the time.
Forget Todd Collins, we have Brennan who is a play maker and quick thinker. I say we give him a shot. Why not? Apparently our curent starter isn't doing the job. If Joe Gibbs were still coaching, he would bench Jason right away, just like he benched Brunnel in the middle of the season for Ramsey, and this is coming from the most respected source, a three time superbowl coach with three different Quarterbacks.So I dae you to say it's not a good move to bench poor performing Quarterbacks, your going againt the ideas of a three time superbowl coach, and a Hall of famer too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Malcolm Kelly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kelly Happy With Recovery From Surgery on His Knee (May '09) Aug '12 Raymond 2
News 2009 Fantasy outlooks: Washington Redskins (Jul '09) Oct '10 Rick the Rebel 7
News Redskins' Haynesworth sidelined after feeling ill (Aug '10) Aug '10 Damon Proffitt 1
News McNabb plays host at harsh 'Hell Week' (Jul '10) Jul '10 Jmo 1
News ESPN: McNabb Wants Owens On Redskins (Apr '10) Apr '10 Redskin Fan 1
News Volek rallies Bolts over Skins in Zorn's last game (Jan '10) Jan '10 Floyd 1
News They've Yet to Catch On (Oct '09) Oct '09 MIKE HODGSON 1
More from around the web