Malcolm Floyd to Vikings: Chargers WR a Potential Sidney Rice Replacement

Aug 2, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: BleacherReport

When Sidney Rice decided to sign with the Seattle Seahawks instead of returning to the Minnesota Vikings, it was a major blow to Minnesota's passing game.

Comments
1 - 20 of 70 Comments Last updated Aug 8, 2011
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
ezg357

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 2, 2011
 
Floyd on one side & Jenkins on the other Harven sliding out of the middle, Handing off to Peterson Two Big TE's A New LT. I like how the Vikings line is starting to look. Go Vikings

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 2, 2011
 
ezg357 wrote:
Floyd on one side & Jenkins on the other Harven sliding out of the middle, Handing off to Peterson Two Big TE's A New LT. I like how the Vikings line is starting to look. Go Vikings
Could be.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 2, 2011
 

Judged:

1

This offensive puzzle that we are putting together could work. McNabb looks in good shape he said he is in great shape. We have a playoff offense it's all about the D.
ezg357

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 2, 2011
 
Malcolm Floyd is 6ft5 Jenkins 6ft4 Rudolph 6ft5 Shiancoe 6ft4 Harven 5ft11 Peterson 6ft1 Gerhart 6ft0 Hutchinson 6ft5 Loadholt 6ft8 Fusco 6ft4 Herrera 6ft2 Charlie Johnson 6ft4 DeMarcus Love 6ft4 this is a Big offensive line the Vikings put together . Defenses Will not playing this many big receivers with respectable speed & can you see a big run game Look at this front line. Go Vikings
ezg357

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 2, 2011
 
The defenses will not like playing this offense
Kanfan

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 2, 2011
 
ezg357 wrote:
Malcolm Floyd is 6ft5 Jenkins 6ft4 Rudolph 6ft5 Shiancoe 6ft4 Harven 5ft11 Peterson 6ft1 Gerhart 6ft0 Hutchinson 6ft5 Loadholt 6ft8 Fusco 6ft4 Herrera 6ft2 Charlie Johnson 6ft4 DeMarcus Love 6ft4 this is a Big offensive line the Vikings put together . Defenses Will not playing this many big receivers with respectable speed & can you see a big run game Look at this front line. Go Vikings
You left out Chris DeGeare..6'4"...335lbs. He did a respectable job filling in last year.
ezg357

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 2, 2011
 
Kanfan wrote:
<quoted text>You left out Chris DeGeare..6'4"...335lbs. He did a respectable job filling in last year.
O yes totally fogot him a solid backup
ezg357

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 2, 2011
 
You hear it all the time from the players how hard it is to cover a big receiver Now they can try to cover four on the field at the same time. You know McNabb is one happy guy thinking about his lineup & more so now that Johnson is the LT. Go Vikings
Kanfan

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 2, 2011
 
I can not find where the Vikings signed Floyd. You guys are dreaming. Not to throw cold water on the party but, Charlie Johnson, signed from Indy...2 star rating, the 20th rated T in FA....according to my Vikings Update mag. Malcom Floyd...3 stars outta 5. Devin Aromashodu, WR ...2 stars....rated 25th outta 25 WRs in FA. These guys will have to prove they belong.
ezg357

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 2, 2011
 
Looks like Floyd was only rumors

Since: Dec 06

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 2, 2011
 
Kanfan wrote:
I can not find where the Vikings signed Floyd. You guys are dreaming. Not to throw cold water on the party but, Charlie Johnson, signed from Indy...2 star rating, the 20th rated T in FA....according to my Vikings Update mag. Malcom Floyd...3 stars outta 5. Devin Aromashodu, WR ...2 stars....rated 25th outta 25 WRs in FA. These guys will have to prove they belong.
I learned along time ago to check the news before coming in here,that way you don't get stupped.
Anyway,check with Pro Football Talk for some added info in addition to your source.
They have Johnson rated much higher if you subtract what he did against Mario Williams of Houston who is a beast.
Johnson should be a descent upgrade but who knows.
We did save a bundle of cash on Mr.Slow my finger hurts.Never liked that big contract on the bum anyway.
I ripped him in here years ago,2006 after he stunk the joint up on a Monday night blowout by the patriots.Perhaps some remember but it's in the archives.Took slack for saying he stinks but he never let me down on my comment.HE STINKS and I said it first.
Kanfan

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 3, 2011
 
Childress wrote:
<quoted text>I learned along time ago to check the news before coming in here,that way you don't get stupped.
Anyway,check with Pro Football Talk for some added info in addition to your source.
They have Johnson rated much higher if you subtract what he did against Mario Williams of Houston who is a beast.
Johnson should be a descent upgrade but who knows.
We did save a bundle of cash on Mr.Slow my finger hurts.Never liked that big contract on the bum anyway.
I ripped him in here years ago,2006 after he stunk the joint up on a Monday night blowout by the patriots.Perhaps some remember but it's in the archives.Took slack for saying he stinks but he never let me down on my comment.HE STINKS and I said it first.
Please don't get me wrong, Charlie Johnson did protect Payton so he will be an up-grade. I just wonder if he is really the heir to LT or will there be some more changes to the O/L. Loadholt did play LT in college, and DeGeare did spot duty last year. I guess that is what pre-season is all about.
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 3, 2011
 
McKinnie is a Dbag and I heard he came in weighing around 400 lbs but I have not heard anyone say this will be an improvement "talent wise" at LT for the VIkes. LT is the hardest spot on the Oline and from what I have been reading Johnson is worse then what most here think McKinnie was in the 9yrs he started at LT. The Vikes did get a bargain though for the price they brought him in for.
Notfarts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 3, 2011
 
Kanfan wrote:
Not to throw cold water on the party but, Charlie Johnson, signed from Indy...2 star rating, the 20th rated T in FA....according to my Vikings Update mag. Malcom Floyd...3 stars outta 5. Devin Aromashodu, WR ...2 stars....rated 25th outta 25 WRs in FA. These guys will have to prove they belong.
Perfectly said....I think some are expecting way too much from these guys just because of McNabb signed...who hasnt been so stellar in the past 2 years himself...he only had one good WR in Washington too
Newfarts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 3, 2011
 
Could be why the Vikes have not made the move.....

"Malcolm Floyd has over 700 yards receiving in each of the last two seasons with the San Diego Chargers, but he is looking for a new team heading into the 2011-12 NFL season. Minnesota is in the hunt for the wide out, but his history of dropped passes could hinder his signing with the Vikings."
ezg357

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 3, 2011
 
I dont think anyone said Floyd had sign. This paper said Macolm Floyd to Vikings & I had said Floyd on one side at 6ft5 & jenkins on the other 6ft4 would be hard to stop I dont think myself or Avant at anytime said this was a done deal In fact Avant said "Could be". meaning nice to see. I think Others took what was being said the Wrong way here iis what happen. Kanfan had said I cant find where the Vikings sign Floyd & I come back saying Looks like its only rumors. I myself was only saying wouldnt it nice to have him like this story on Floyd to Vikings
Onlyfarts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 3, 2011
 
I didnt read into any of the posts as he was signed...it probably would have helped if the article was read by those who assumed he was signed...I did however agree to what KFan said about these guys need to prove on the field what they can do...

before we all jump up and down and speak of playoffs...
Kanfan

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 3, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

ezg357 wrote:
I dont think anyone said Floyd had sign. This paper said Macolm Floyd to Vikings & I had said Floyd on one side at 6ft5 & jenkins on the other 6ft4 would be hard to stop I dont think myself or Avant at anytime said this was a done deal In fact Avant said "Could be". meaning nice to see. I think Others took what was being said the Wrong way here iis what happen. Kanfan had said I cant find where the Vikings sign Floyd & I come back saying Looks like its only rumors. I myself was only saying wouldnt it nice to have him like this story on Floyd to Vikings
After the poor performance of the WRs last year, I was hoping the rumors were correct but wanted to be sure. Some guys on Topix hear and read things (like the McKinnie release), report it and I just like to follow up before I get my hopes up. No foul commited by anyone. I hope EVERYONE continues to report for discussion any stories or rumors they hear....makes interesting "What if?"
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 3, 2011
 
It doesn't look good for the Floyd signing. Seems 5 teams are still interested and the Vikes are not even listed as one of them. It could still happen but looking doubtful...

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/08/03/at-least-five...

Any other ideas out there?
5farts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 3, 2011
 
Other than a T.O./ McNabb reunion...a trade...or waiting to see who gets released throughout the preseason cuts....no other options

Just look at this list of underachieving left overs:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/fa...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Malcolm Floyd Discussions

Search the Malcolm Floyd Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NFL Predictions: San Francisco 49ers Will Face ... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Crushedfarts 4
Bears could look to add WR if they move Olsen (Jul '11) Jul '11 Bleeds Purple 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••