Vikings laud safety Madieu Williams for his $2 million donation...

Wide receiver Owen Daniels #81 of the Houston Texans makes a reception against safety Madieu Williams #20 of the Minnesota Vikings at Reliant Stadium on August 31, 2009 in Houston, Texas. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BBC

United States

#1 Nov 24, 2009
Proud to have him as a Vike
Smartass

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Nov 24, 2009
Cool, now give me some.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#3 Nov 24, 2009
Impressive, very impressive.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#4 Nov 24, 2009
Smartass wrote:
Cool, now give me some.
You must be a Democrat!
Lifelong Viking Fan

Morristown, NJ

#5 Nov 24, 2009
Wow, that is quite impressive. It's not a story you will read very often, if ever. To say Madieu is a generous man is quite an understatement. God bless him.
oyohboy

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Nov 24, 2009
What an excellent story! Nice to see players give back.
Casanova Frankenstein

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Nov 24, 2009
Football players get paid way, way, way too much. It's right to applaud his generosity, but seriously folks: Should a guy get paid that much dough because he's a good ballplayer? You're paying for stadiums, etc. to help him pull down that coin.

If all of the NFL players were as generous and gentlemanly, I might not complain.
Bruce

Mason, OH

#8 Nov 24, 2009
Wow, what an incredibly generous and unselfish act. I can hope that some other professional athletes take a look at this and re-evaluate themselves.
Mark D

Winnipeg, Canada

#9 Nov 24, 2009
Imagine if everyone was a little more like him...so many problems and so much suffering would just evaporate.

And think of all of the wealthy people we hear about in the news every day who just want more and more and bigger and bigger for themselves.
Jack in the box

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Nov 24, 2009
This vikings team has me all messed up, nobody is getting arrested this year, they are winning games, and then you hear stories like this about a player being this generous, and yet being humble about it too, this is a completely different team. You hear about different players being involved constantly in different charities and events all the time, there seems to be some genuinely good people on this team. 2 mil donation though is pretty wild, and I like that he doesn't want to be interviewed about it, he just is quietly doing this not trying to bringing praise to himself for it.

These aren't the Vikings of my youth, that's for sure.
I hope they continue this trend of being a totally different vikings team, and win the big one for us too!

“Things can only get better”

Since: May 08

Minneapolis

#11 Nov 24, 2009
Mark D wrote:
Imagine if everyone was a little more like him...so many problems and so much suffering would just evaporate.
And think of all of the wealthy people we hear about in the news every day who just want more and more and bigger and bigger for themselves.
C'mon, name all of them. You mean people like Bill Gates and Warren Buffet or are you complaining about criminals like Tom Petters, Bernie Madoff and Dennis Hecker. We want the names of "all the wealthy people" who just want more and more. This an article about someone doing good and you interject BS like that to the discussion.
Camel Tow

Calgary, Canada

#12 Nov 24, 2009
oyohboy wrote:
What an excellent story! Nice to see players give back.
especially seeing as how he has been taking from the Vikings for 2 years for doing pretty much nothing...good for him....

Since: Feb 08

Big Lake, MN

#13 Nov 24, 2009
Jack in the box wrote:
This vikings team has me all messed up, nobody is getting arrested this year, they are winning games, and then you hear stories like this about a player being this generous, and yet being humble about it too, this is a completely different team. You hear about different players being involved constantly in different charities and events all the time, there seems to be some genuinely good people on this team. 2 mil donation though is pretty wild, and I like that he doesn't want to be interviewed about it, he just is quietly doing this not trying to bringing praise to himself for it.
These aren't the Vikings of my youth, that's for sure.
I hope they continue this trend of being a totally different vikings team, and win the big one for us too!
I was thinking the same thing and you beat me to teh punch Jack.

Two stories in one week about two good guys. This could be the start of a trend. I feel dizzy. I better sit down while I process this.

Skol Vikings!
SoDak Nick

Spearfish, SD

#14 Nov 24, 2009
Great story. It's nice to see hard-working, humble men with that kind of character playing for the team I love.
Brenda

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Nov 24, 2009
That is such a nice story to hear a NFL player give back to his community. Good to see positve press on these guys. God Bless you.
Kate

Menomonie, WI

#16 Nov 24, 2009
Owen Daniels is a tight end, not a wide receiver.
Okay

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Nov 24, 2009
Casanova Frankenstein wrote:
Football players get paid way, way, way too much. It's right to applaud his generosity, but seriously folks: Should a guy get paid that much dough because he's a good ballplayer? You're paying for stadiums, etc. to help him pull down that coin.
If all of the NFL players were as generous and gentlemanly, I might not complain.
You'd still complain because they wouldn't be giving it to you.
FudgePackerKilla

Bangkok, Thailand

#18 Nov 24, 2009
maybe hes giving this money back because he feels guilty and like he doesnt deserve it. You know what? He's right! Start tackling out there son or begone!
markjr

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Nov 24, 2009
OMG i just wanted to say i like fruit strip gum its the yummy fruity one ;)
Justice

Mankato, MN

#21 Nov 24, 2009
Great, I'm all for him helping out his countrymen. Now it's time he gives the fans something to cheer about. Both safeties need to step up their play and make some turnovers. So far they have been the weak link in the defense.
Time to get down to business!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madieu Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2013 NFL Draft: Who Do Redskins Fans Want with ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Adam Banig 1
News Albert Haynesworth and the 5 Worst Attitudes in... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Pubfarts 2
News Vikings will meet with the agents of several of... (Feb '11) Feb '11 IUVikes1 14
News Vikings safety Madieu Williams is Walter Payton... (Feb '11) Feb '11 PB ARMY 40
News Former Bengals Safety Madieu Williams Wins 2010... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Captain Canada 4
News Vikings cornerback Antoine Winfield added to NF... (Jan '11) Jan '11 bakerquaker 15
News Vikings list Brett Favre as doubtful ... but th... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Police report 28
More from around the web