Safety Darren Sharper likely to move ...

Safety Darren Sharper likely to move on from Minnesota Vikings ...

There are 27 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Feb 26, 2009, titled Safety Darren Sharper likely to move on from Minnesota Vikings .... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A few weeks ago, when he was at Winter Park, Darren Sharper heard the same message from a couple of Vikings defensive coaches.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“FIRE CHILLY! FIRE CHILLY! ”

Since: Aug 08

Rensselaer

#23 Feb 27, 2009
CT Viking Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called zone blocking. Unless somebody is coming straight up the middle in his zone, he will stand there waiting.
Another possibility is respect. Don't rush the middle because you won't get through. I'd like to know who gave you that inside information. Sounds like they could some too.
exactly. thank you.
M-o-n-k-e-y M-a-n

Liberty Lake, WA

#24 Feb 27, 2009
Sharper is still good, its been the system. The only year he was under Tice was his best year and it was when he was a FS. He had 9 picks in that one year to where he had 9 picks over the last three years. I believe it's the system or position that he was playing. But if he goes then maybe it will be good because Tyrell Johnson is good and will be groomed in the system.
40for60

United States

#25 Feb 27, 2009
Jeebs wrote:
<quoted text>
good joke. birk is still one of the top centers in the league and sharper hasnt been that bad these last few years. sharpers first year in minnesota in 05' he had 9 ints, in 06' and 07' he had 4, and he only 1 this year. so i would say this was his first down year for him.
When a perennial all pro doesn't make it anymore, there is a good reason for it. He was All Pro in 2007 because of his past performance.
Same with Sharper, he had many opportunities to make big plays, but flubbed nearly every one, also no longer All Pro.
I like both players, but this isn't about singing anyone's swan song. I want the best team on the field, and from what I've seen, the Vikings can swap talent without swapping the huge salaries these two will command.
So to answer your accusation, no, I’m not joking.
Fred

Ankeny, IA

#26 Feb 27, 2009
""But I had to take a back seat, to help us out as a defense. Sometimes you have to do things for the betterment of the team, and that's exactly what I did."

Sometimes? What do you do the other times? Look out for the betterment of Darren, the Packers, cheerleaders?

“FIRE CHILLY! FIRE CHILLY! ”

Since: Aug 08

Rensselaer

#27 Feb 27, 2009
40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
When a perennial all pro doesn't make it anymore, there is a good reason for it. He was All Pro in 2007 because of his past performance.
Same with Sharper, he had many opportunities to make big plays, but flubbed nearly every one, also no longer All Pro.
I like both players, but this isn't about singing anyone's swan song. I want the best team on the field, and from what I've seen, the Vikings can swap talent without swapping the huge salaries these two will command.
So to answer your accusation, no, I’m not joking.
so what, just because a guy doesnt make the pro bowl one year, he is no longer a good player?
Badgerstater

Grantsburg, WI

#28 Feb 27, 2009
Sharper a class act some of you say? You should know about some of his off-field antics.

Since: Oct 08

United States

#29 Feb 27, 2009
DUMB. dumb,dumb,dumb,dumb,dumb. Sharper and Birk WANT to play for the Vikings. I'll take THAT stat over their age/projected performance ANY day over a free agent that comes in for money ANY day, because they will play with HEART, because they want to be here.

This is about as fri-gg-in stupid as the Bucs releasing Derrick Brooks. Shame on the ownership for not actively retaining these guys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madieu Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2013 NFL Draft: Who Do Redskins Fans Want with ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Adam Banig 1
News Albert Haynesworth and the 5 Worst Attitudes in... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Pubfarts 2
News Vikings will meet with the agents of several of... (Feb '11) Feb '11 IUVikes1 14
News Vikings safety Madieu Williams is Walter Payton... (Feb '11) Feb '11 PB ARMY 40
News Former Bengals Safety Madieu Williams Wins 2010... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Captain Canada 4
News Vikings cornerback Antoine Winfield added to NF... (Jan '11) Jan '11 bakerquaker 15
News Vikings list Brett Favre as doubtful ... but th... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Police report 28
More from around the web