Minnesota Vikings quarterback Tarvari...

Minnesota Vikings quarterback Tarvaris Jackson should be ready ...

There are 32 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Aug 17, 2008, titled Minnesota Vikings quarterback Tarvaris Jackson should be ready .... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Vikings quarterback Tarvaris Jackson is expected to play inthe season opener despite suffering a sprained right knee during Saturday night's exhibition game at Baltimore, an NFL source said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jim

United States

#23 Aug 18, 2008
The good thing for vikes fans is we get to watch the next pre season game against the steelers. A nationally televised game on cbs too bad jackson won't be playing on saturday.
dragon fly

Minneapolis, MN

#24 Aug 18, 2008
Nick wrote:
I think the main reason no one is talking about P Williams was that he came back two plays later, just a thought. As with Tjack he already was falling down when Ray Lewis grabbed him around the knee and twisted it. Tjack is a dual threat which in the NFL is a rare thing to have now a days. He will be out for sure next preseason game maybe the fourth but will most likely start sept. 8th. Now we just need to have JDB make some plays so we are not stuck with Bollinger for another season. The defense will get their act together the main problem right now is gap control. The way the packers (and especially Rogers) looked against SF i'm not too worried 'bout game 1.
Dirty play by Lewis - considering that the Vikes don't even play them in the reg season it makes me wonder why he'd twist a guy's leg - out of bounds and after the play. Oh, and where were the refs? C'mon , it was flagarent and my mind.
Butch

Rosemount, MN

#25 Aug 18, 2008
Max wrote:
The Vikings can survive TJack going down but when Pfat Williams went down Super Bowl aspirations went down the tube.. First the elbow and now the knee. 400 pounds of weight on the Knee. Can you say slow recovery. And because the Vikings are not talking about it means its probably worse than TJack.
Pat Williams came back on the field and played for 3 or 4 more plays.
Where are you getting your information???????
Pre-season games are worthless and these injuries are more proof that NFL needs to bring it down to 2 games. Goodell needs to pull head out of his arse.
The Vikes

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#26 Aug 18, 2008
This is our year!!!! Count on a 12-4 or 11-5 record, taking the NFC North crown division and going very, very deep in the playoffs!!!
Butch

Rosemount, MN

#27 Aug 18, 2008
The Vikes wrote:
This is our year!!!! Count on a 12-4 or 11-5 record, taking the NFC North crown division and going very, very deep in the playoffs!!!
Clearly you have been toking on the meth pipe fairly frequently today.
8-8, 9-7 at best, maybe a wildcard berth.
TJacks the man

Ada, MN

#28 Aug 18, 2008
Butch! YOU ARE SUCH AN IDIOT! I HAVE TO YELL FOR YOU TO SEE THIS. 12-4 WILL BE OUR RECORD AT THE END OF THE REGULAR SEASON!
I hate Bucky

Saint Paul, MN

#29 Aug 18, 2008
Where's all the dribble about the Puker's on this site? We couldn't escape green and yellow crap for years. Now that Favre is gone, we don't get a write up on how the 49ers pummeled them in their preseason game?
Mark

United States

#31 Aug 18, 2008
If Gus gets the reps between now and Sept. 8, he'll be in good form in case he's needed during the regular season. With a sprained knee, it's easy to get a twinge, and Jackson may have to come out. Go Vikings! Big year ahead.
team going nowhere

United States

#32 Aug 18, 2008
Nick wrote:
I think the main reason no one is talking about P Williams was that he came back two plays later, just a thought. As with Tjack he already was falling down when Ray Lewis grabbed him around the knee and twisted it. Tjack is a dual threat which in the NFL is a rare thing to have now a days. He will be out for sure next preseason game maybe the fourth but will most likely start sept. 8th. Now we just need to have JDB make some plays so we are not stuck with
Bollinger for another season. The defense will get their act together the main problem right now is gap control. The way the packers (and especially Rogers) looked against SF i'm not too worried 'bout game 1.
Time to stop seeing the world through purple glasses the team that wins this division is going to be out the the playoffs very fast
TJacks the man

Ada, MN

#33 Aug 19, 2008
Vikings to the Superbowl. TJack MVP! Mark my words there all you haters. I stated this on the 19th of August, 2008!
BackdaPack

Plymouth, MN

#34 Aug 19, 2008
inaz wrote:
Vikes 69
Packers 0
Only 69 points? You mean they're actually going to miss an extra point?

Green Bay 27, Minnesota 13
inaz

Sierra Vista, AZ

#35 Aug 19, 2008
BackdaPack wrote:
<quoted text>
Only 69 points? You mean they're actually going to miss an extra point?
Green Bay 27, Minnesota 13
I'm referencing Jared Allen you dunce, hence the 69er!

You really think your high powered offense will score 27? Who's playing Quarterback in this dream of yours?

I wonder how many #4 Jersey's Ol' Rodgers will have to look at as he comes out of the tunnel, warms up and then subsequently gets his head rammed though the Lambeau grass?

I can't wait... 3 short weeks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madieu Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2013 NFL Draft: Who Do Redskins Fans Want with ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Adam Banig 1
News Albert Haynesworth and the 5 Worst Attitudes in... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Pubfarts 2
News Vikings will meet with the agents of several of... (Feb '11) Feb '11 IUVikes1 14
News Vikings safety Madieu Williams is Walter Payton... (Feb '11) Feb '11 PB ARMY 40
News Former Bengals Safety Madieu Williams Wins 2010... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Captain Canada 4
News Vikings cornerback Antoine Winfield added to NF... (Jan '11) Jan '11 bakerquaker 15
News Vikings list Brett Favre as doubtful ... but th... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Police report 28
More from around the web