Minnesota Vikings quarterback Tarvaris Jackson should be ready ...

Vikings quarterback Tarvaris Jackson is expected to play inthe season opener despite suffering a sprained right knee during Saturday night's exhibition game at Baltimore, an NFL source said. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Justice

Owatonna, MN

#1 Aug 17, 2008
Now I will be able to sleep at night!
Ibleedpurpleand gold

Detroit, MI

#2 Aug 17, 2008
Greetings, Man O Man, I lilked what i saw with Tjack in the game. The D seem to be a little behind the O at the moment. I thought that they gave up too many run yards. but the out come was good. Wait until the season start, boy o boy.
purpleguy

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Aug 17, 2008
T-Jack can't take those hits any time, let alone a pre season game. Now I wonder how his mobility will be impacted, which is one of the keys to his game. People can complain about his downfield accuracy, but he sure seemed to read the field well, hitting second and third receivers a couple times (compare that to how Rogers looked like a deer in the headlights the whole first half in SF). The LB's, particularly Greenway, seemed to either be out of position or manhandled. The same holds true with our left DE Edwards, which doesn't bode well if both those guys on that side don't get it together. Allen sure looked like a stud -- he was all over the field. I could watch Winfield tackle all day.
Protect T-Jack

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Aug 17, 2008
I think the Vikings should scope his knee right after they vacuum the football field.
ZygiZag

Ghent, MN

#5 Aug 17, 2008
Random thoughts
- Vikings first drives have looked well. But then again they did in the regular season last year too. It was the drives after the first drives that look bad last year.
- Young looked good. Showcase the guy then maybe trade him to someone who is hurting at the running back spot for some OT help.
- IN 2 drives Farve 7 GBay in their whole game 6. As long as we have Gus doing as well as he did I think the Vikes should be a big favorite in game 1 with GBay and the score the same as GBay's score in preseason game 2. If TJ plays it is a closer game. They will blitz him for 2 INT.(Farve carried the pack during the 1st half of last year until they found a running game. Rogers (like TJ) is not going to carry a team.
- In the end TJ demise may be his injuries. He came from a little school getting little hits. His body maybe just can not take the NFL.
- Nice to see come sacks from the D without the blitz, something we have not see in ....
- Booty is making it hard to cut BB. Booty needs to make some plays to show some potential, or he may get the boot.
- How nice it is to see a game where wide open recievers actually catch the ball thrown to them and not invent ways to drop them. Life without Ed is sweet. The fact it took so long is bittersweet.

Max

United States

#6 Aug 18, 2008
Vikes 40. Pack 3
LOL

United States

#8 Aug 18, 2008
It's pretty obvious to me that T-Jack is ripped but lacks flexibility. Make him take Yoga or something so he's more flexible in his lower body. Just a thought
Another lesson

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Aug 18, 2008
Jackson still needs to learn to slide. But, did anyone catch what he did to take himself out of the game? Last year, the coaches were pissed because Jackson got hurt on a play and sprinted off the field, giving Bollinger about 2 seconds to prepare to enter the game (we were out of time outs). This time, in a preseason game with 3 TO's, Jackson started coming off the field and then laid down on the ground, giving Frerrote ample time. Now that Jackson knows how to come off the field, he needs to learn how not to come off the field. Taking on a linebacker in a preseason game the way Jackson did was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen a guy with a purple helmet ever do. And this was after he had been absolutely picking apart Baltimore's dominate defense in Baltimore.
texas viking

Yorktown, TX

#10 Aug 18, 2008
Another lesson wrote:
Jackson still needs to learn to slide. But, did anyone catch what he did to take himself out of the game? Last year, the coaches were **** because Jackson got hurt on a play and sprinted off the field, giving Bollinger about 2 seconds to prepare to enter the game (we were out of time outs). This time, in a preseason game with 3 TO's, Jackson started coming off the field and then laid down on the ground, giving Frerrote ample time. Now that Jackson knows how to come off the field, he needs to learn how not to come off the field. Taking on a linebacker in a preseason game the way Jackson did was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen a guy with a purple helmet ever do. And this was after he had been absolutely picking apart Baltimore's dominate defense in Baltimore.
Yes he needs to slide when appropriate. But he was already on his way down when dirty cheap-shot artist Ray "street thug" Lewis jumped over, grabbed his leg, and purposely twisted it with intent to injure. Get rid of a-holes like Lewis and the NFL would be a better place.
Nelson Muntz

Sheboygan, WI

#12 Aug 18, 2008
T-Jack will never play a full season for the Vikes. If they want to win go with Gus this year then make a Booty call.
Hah hah!
Archangel

Duluth, MN

#13 Aug 18, 2008
Max wrote:
Vikes 40. Pack 3
I'll go 24-13 Vikings.(Because of GB's Home Field Advantage.)
Archangel

Duluth, MN

#14 Aug 18, 2008
I missed most of the first half of the game. Daughter's wedding. But I did see some highlights. Jackson's looking good. Dumb way to get injured. He'll learn. I guess I'd rather see him being aggressive if he has to get injured, instead of looking like a racoon crossing the road right before becoming road bologna. He'll be okay this season. (If he doesn't kill himself first) Glad Gus is here...
purplepeopleater s

South Bend, IN

#15 Aug 18, 2008
T-Jack needs to stay in the pocket more, step up when the sides start to fold and deliver a crisp pass to who ever is open. Once the season starts I think that AP will be a threat not only with running plays(of course) but he will be open for the short dump off passes that score lots of points and make it impossible to stop on thrid downs. Screen plays will earn lots of yards and the O-line can really move for as big as they are. Slid next time and live to see the second half. GO VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!
purplepeopleater s

South Bend, IN

#16 Aug 18, 2008
oh and Vikings 31 packers 10
Jim Hensley

Mankato, MN

#17 Aug 18, 2008
Now Jackson confirms that not only is he inexperienced and makes the resulting bad decisions when under pressure, but he is injury prone as well. Some player to gamble with what appears to be an otherwise solid roster. Too bad the Chiller's egomaniacal impression that he is the "maker of quarterbacks" will probably ruin a season, but at least even the patient Zygi will probably dump him before next season. A shame three or more years of Viking history will have been wasted.
Max

United States

#18 Aug 18, 2008
The Vikings can survive TJack going down but when Pfat Williams went down Super Bowl aspirations went down the tube.. First the elbow and now the knee. 400 pounds of weight on the Knee. Can you say slow recovery. And because the Vikings are not talking about it means its probably worse than TJack.
Justin

Wetumpka, AL

#19 Aug 18, 2008
This guy cant take a hit,Gus will be playing alot this year lets hope he stays heathy or we will be seeing Culpepper in purple again
inaz

Sierra Vista, AZ

#20 Aug 18, 2008
Jackson was born Ready!
inaz

Sierra Vista, AZ

#21 Aug 18, 2008
Vikes 69
Packers 0
Nick

Marshall, MN

#22 Aug 18, 2008
I think the main reason no one is talking about P Williams was that he came back two plays later, just a thought. As with Tjack he already was falling down when Ray Lewis grabbed him around the knee and twisted it. Tjack is a dual threat which in the NFL is a rare thing to have now a days. He will be out for sure next preseason game maybe the fourth but will most likely start sept. 8th. Now we just need to have JDB make some plays so we are not stuck with Bollinger for another season. The defense will get their act together the main problem right now is gap control. The way the packers (and especially Rogers) looked against SF i'm not too worried 'bout game 1.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madieu Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2013 NFL Draft: Who Do Redskins Fans Want with ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Adam Banig 1
Albert Haynesworth and the 5 Worst Attitudes in... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Pubfarts 2
Vikings will meet with the agents of several of... (Feb '11) Feb '11 IUVikes1 14
Vikings safety Madieu Williams is Walter Payton... (Feb '11) Feb '11 PB ARMY 40
Former Bengals Safety Madieu Williams Wins 2010... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Captain Canada 4
Vikings cornerback Antoine Winfield added to NF... (Jan '11) Jan '11 bakerquaker 15
Vikings list Brett Favre as doubtful ... but th... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Police report 28
•••
•••

Madieu Williams People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••