Analysis: Minnesota Vikings likely to take a DE in draft's firs...

With the NFL scouting combine nearly over, that is the question facing the Vikings, who have major needs at safety, wide receiver and defensive end, and have two main options for filling them. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
chad

Choctaw, OK

#42 Feb 26, 2008
Trade up for Gholston.
true viking fan

AOL

#43 Feb 26, 2008
TROY WILLIAMSON TRADE. ITS ABOUT TIME!IF I WATCH HIM DROP ONE MORE WIDE OPEN PASS IN A VIKING UNIFORM,ILL SCREAM!BOTTOM LINE HE SUCKS!

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#44 Feb 26, 2008
true viking fan wrote:
TROY WILLIAMSON TRADE. ITS ABOUT TIME!IF I WATCH HIM DROP ONE MORE WIDE OPEN PASS IN A VIKING UNIFORM,ILL SCREAM!BOTTOM LINE HE SUCKS!
True, viking fan true.

“Vikings Fan Forever”

Chicago

#45 Feb 26, 2008
For all future Vikings Forum members: We encourage you to continue contributing to our site as conversation is central to the forum. While we enjoy feedback and thoughtful discussions, we must offer one suggestion to promote said discussions. A poster known as Avant who posts from Las Vegas, Nevada is what is commonly referred to as a “troll”. His posts are meaningless and only seek to create arguments. Responding to him only encourages his behavior and promotes unconstructive posting. We strongly urge and recommend all posters to avoid responding to and even reading his posts. Thank you in advance and keep on posting!

From,
The Minnesota Vikings’ Topix forum members

Lakeland, FL

#46 Feb 26, 2008
BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!
Avant is like herpes.

Read about 5 of his post for more proof.

“Goodbye my friend!”

Since: Jan 07

Pringle Hill.

#47 Feb 27, 2008
JDBrocks wrote:
For all future Vikings Forum members: We encourage you to continue contributing to our site as conversation is central to the forum. While we enjoy feedback and thoughtful discussions, we must offer one suggestion to promote said discussions. A poster known as Avant who posts from Las Vegas, Nevada is what is commonly referred to as a “troll”. His posts are meaningless and only seek to create arguments. Responding to him only encourages his behavior and promotes unconstructive posting. We strongly urge and recommend all posters to avoid responding to and even reading his posts. Thank you in advance and keep on posting!
From,
The Minnesota Vikings’ Topix forum members
Thanks again JD. I have copied this to a text document for further use. When some of us are sleeping, others are posting and keeping watch. 24 hour surveillance so to speak.

“Goodbye my friend!”

Since: Jan 07

Pringle Hill.

#48 Feb 27, 2008
Childress wrote:
BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!
Avant is like herpes.
This is true and, who wants herpes?!
Nobody.
Avant=herpes.
Nobody wants it and, everyone who has it wants to give it away.
sconnyahoo

Fremont, CA

#49 Feb 27, 2008
skullXer wrote:
Why do people think the Moss trade was so terrible? He would be just as worthless here as he was in Oakland the two years before last. I for one am glad that the cancer is gone. He was only going to play hard for certain teams, and we weren't one of them.
I totally agree. The guy is great, when someone can throw him the ball and his team is on the way to an 11-5 season or better. Add a strong coach as well. Look at the Vikings over the past few years and I do not see that at all. Imagine Moss on our team with TJax at QB. Not likely to work out too well.
If I correctly remember,#1 Moss's career was dead when he left Oakland.#2 Most people felt MV stole that first round draft pick when they traded Moss to Oakland.
Let's be honest, Oakland got fleeced in that trade to NE. MV got a pretty good deal in their trade, based on Moss's output in Oakland.
Avant

Henderson, NV

#50 Feb 27, 2008
Forum, If you don't do as gonzo, jd, Fran and childress say they will start a ban against you. Can you believe they are saying I don't like somebody so nobody else like him. These are grown men.
Your God

Saint Paul, MN

#51 Feb 27, 2008
Dave wrote:
It was just announced that Eugene Wilson, S with the Pats have been released. He has 2 super bowl rings and lots of experience compare to what the Vikes are looking at to fill the Safety position of Madieu Williams from Cincinatti.
I'm pretty sure that Eugene wasn't starting. Madieu Williams is a better football player than Wilson any day of the week.
Nick

Brooklyn, NY

#52 Feb 27, 2008
Everybody remember this year when Chad Johnson-WR Bengals gets traded for a second rounder and Jason Taylor-DE Dolphins for a first rounder(Both will happen) how much semantics this talk about these young kids are, when the Vikings certainly have the cap space, and should have the brains, to pick up big time players.

“VIKINGS, NFC NORTH CHAMPIONS!!”

Tangle Lakes, Alaska

#53 Feb 27, 2008
Childress wrote:
BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!
Avant is like herpes.
Yikes! I didn't know about the herpes!
I do know that every time I read one of his posts, I get flu-like symptoms.
Alvin

Victoria, Canada

#54 Feb 27, 2008
Why aren't the Vikings looking at big name talents such as Randy Moss (WR) and Asante Samuels (CB). It would be only fitting that Moss close out his career as a Viking. Grab another talented WR in the second round, and the receiving corps gets an A grade overnight, Moss, Rice, Wade....I'd say we were ok there. As for Samuels or Bob Sanders, those guys are playmakers. Minnesota needs that in its secondary and we need to be able to play an aggressive man defense. And how about a fast outside linebacker in the second round if someone of quality is available? However, my point is that the Vikings need to at least start showing "early" interest in these talents. It is not encouraging to see teams such as Tampa Bay and Philly show early interest in Samuels while Childress sits back and fails to engage. What's with this guy??
carterWASrobbed

Saint Louis, MO

#55 Feb 27, 2008
moss is not(and should not) gonna be back in a vikes uniform. childress' targets should be DE justin smith, WR berrian or walker(not a fa) and CB samuel(samuel, one (s) not 2!), d. hall(also not a fa though), or b.kelly outta tampa.
Jake Kennedy

Minneapolis, MN

#56 Feb 27, 2008
ok lets all settle down first of all the vikings should sign that safty from NE and Cincinatti! then get Donte' stallworth from NE! then with the WR position covered and safty now we need a right side line trade down for jake long he is the best offensive lineman i think in many years besides last years with joe "the beast" thomas.... but if that dont work out to well with the 17th pick get the Lb out of USC fred davis i believe his name is he is first of all a beast and by far the best Lb in the draft but that guy from florida will be gone he is too good! then we should draft henne in the 2nd bcuz he will be a great QB in the league or Brohm they both have tremendous upside! then 3rd round we need to get idk a WR i like mario manningham but he will be gone so no hopew in him so thats why we should get the gaurd from USC he is underrated and really tallented! the vikings are going to the Bowl this year watch we will run a spread offense and run the hell out of everyone then Rice will get the deep ball.........
VIKING NATION

Toledo, OH

#57 Mar 9, 2008
Butch wrote:
Vikings rank dead last in pass defense, yet posters on the board seem to think this secondary is okay. Give me a break, this secondary is awful.
Did anyone see footage of Marcus MCauley this year??? That guy is brutal.(3rd round waste) Corner would definitely be a posiiton of need for this team in the draft. Redskins game is what happens when you are spread to thin in your secondary. A scab like Todd Collins picked them to pieces. I still am not sold on Cedric Griffin either, he looks pathetic at times covering the other teams #1 or #2. This team has not drafted a 1st round corner since DeWayne Washington or Corey Fuller.
Time to wise up.(see Giants Aaron Ross)
OUR SECONDARY IS NOT AS BAD AS YOU MIGHT THINK. WHEN YOU HOLD THE OPPOSITION TO UNDER 100 YARDS RUSHING A GAME THEY HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO THROW THE BALL 50 TO 60 TIMES RESULTING IN PASSING NUMBERS THAT ARE DECEIVING. PRESSURE THE Q.B.( NY GIANTS VS NE ) AND YOU GET RESULTS. I SAY ADDRESS THE SECONDARY IN THE DRAFT AROUND ROUND 3. IN ROUNDS 1 AND 2 OF THE DRAFT YOU GO AFTER A DE AND WR. IN ROUNDS 3 AND 4 ADDRESS THE SECONDARY AND TE POSITIONS.
Timmyd

Crookston, MN

#58 Mar 9, 2008
I agree on the QB boy blunder has had a year and a half of futility. Where are the falshed of greatness to balance the bad decisions and bad mechanic? It seems the caoch thinks all other positions should have compition why not QB?
Timmyd

Crookston, MN

#59 Mar 9, 2008
As for the D backs we need a pass rush to even know if they are ok or not

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madieu Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2013 NFL Draft: Who Do Redskins Fans Want with ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Adam Banig 1
Albert Haynesworth and the 5 Worst Attitudes in... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Pubfarts 2
Vikings will meet with the agents of several of... (Feb '11) Feb '11 IUVikes1 14
Vikings safety Madieu Williams is Walter Payton... (Feb '11) Feb '11 PB ARMY 40
Former Bengals Safety Madieu Williams Wins 2010... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Captain Canada 4
Vikings cornerback Antoine Winfield added to NF... (Jan '11) Jan '11 bakerquaker 15
Vikings list Brett Favre as doubtful ... but th... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Police report 28
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Madieu Williams People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••