Safety Madieu Williams eager to make ...

Safety Madieu Williams eager to make debut with Minnesota Vikings

There are 37 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 20, 2008, titled Safety Madieu Williams eager to make debut with Minnesota Vikings. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Vikings' newest safety Madieu Williams, left, talks with fellow safety Darren Sharper, right, during the morning practice during the 2008 Vikings Training Camp in Mankato on July 29, 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Archangel

Benson, MN

#1 Oct 21, 2008
Good! Get the hell out there and make an impact! Maybe it'll light a fire under Sharper's a**. He's been quiet as an ol''possum lately.
40for60

United States

#2 Oct 21, 2008
As much as I like Johnson, Williams will get his chance to show Viking fans why he was brought in here. Sharper is invisible most of the time, but he always throws at least one big hit every Sunday, mostly on running plays.
To think Madieu will fix this passing defense is unrealistic, but if he contributes congruently with his earnings, we should see some improvement.
COPDd

Nevis, MN

#3 Oct 21, 2008
Williams' return will have no impact at all.....they need a middle linebacker, not another DB.
dan in PHoenix

Glendale, AZ

#4 Oct 21, 2008
like Madieu will help. maby if he takes chilly's job .....on a brighter note it turns out that THE BIG WORM IN THE BIG APPLE, THE EVIL ONE himself Brett Favre has shown himself to be even a bigger POS than even thought. PASSING SECRETS TO THE ENEMY!!! OH MY!!! please correct me if i'm wrong but isn't that treason? isn't that the lowest, dirtiest, most incomprehensable, dastardly, CHICKEN S*H*I*T act a man can do? hell thats worse than Pete Rose and the Chicogo Black Sox rolled into one. SWEET!!!! THE KING IS DEAD!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA this makes my day. THERE IS A GOD. ENJOY YOUR SHAME YOU STINKING CHEDDER HEADS HAHAHAHAHA go queens i just like the way it sounds so i posted it again.HAHAHAHEHEHEHAHAHA
Max

La Crosse, WI

#5 Oct 21, 2008
Of course maybe slo mo Sharper just can't get it done anymore.
Max

La Crosse, WI

#6 Oct 21, 2008
Father time has caught a number of vikings. Birk, Ferotte, Sharper, Pfat Williams.
Hayden Fox

United States

#7 Oct 21, 2008
Speed, speed, speed.....we need a guy that can go sideline to sideline. Who is the odd man out in that case? Go with the starting safeties for next year, this year. Take a seat Darren. Booker showed us just how much speed you have lost.
onshore

Huntsville, AL

#9 Oct 21, 2008
Keith, come on, take that crap somewhere else.

I'm with you on your choice, but I come here to get completely away from politics.

Go away and never come back.
kdogg

United States

#10 Oct 21, 2008
Hope this guy is all he is cracked up to be. They really need to get griffin out of there. The guy consistently gets burned, or flagged. How bout some pics sharper????
Jonboy

Benson, MN

#11 Oct 21, 2008
Let Madieu replace Cedric Griffin and the Vikes will be OK, as Cedric cannot cover an old lady on the toilet.
oldviking

Ashburn, VA

#12 Oct 21, 2008
WE NEED MORE THAN AN EXPESNSIVE SAFETY WHO HAS'NT STEPPED ON THE FIELD YET................
Jimmy

United States

#13 Oct 21, 2008
Why are you Viking Fans so stupid? Jesus christ, Darren getting old and slow? He ran the fastest 40 time on our dam team...try to learn something. The only reason hes "struggling" is because he has a rookie safety beside him where he has to cover more than his ground.

This team is going to get better. Im glad we got all the crap games out of us early in the year rather than start strong and finish like crap like every single year.

May be a strong finish for this Vikes team
Rocky the squirrel

Henderson, NV

#14 Oct 21, 2008
viking pride

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Oct 21, 2008
They didn't bring this guy in just to watch folks. He will be a star our pass defense will go from mid pack to top 5 folks you watch! Remember Bobby Bryant and Paul Krouse we have are safety tandem for years to come and with Kevin and Jared just coming into there prime years look out! But I boldly predict this team to go 9-0 down the stretch and still go deep in the playoffs. Just remember all viking fans its how you finish not how you start.
bulldogdutch

United States

#16 Oct 21, 2008
WE Are goiing 12-4 and WE have learned from our mistakes. Special teams are not giving up any more points.
moreofavikesfan

Glendive, MT

#17 Oct 21, 2008
Jonboy wrote:
Let Madieu replace Cedric Griffin and the Vikes will be OK, as Cedric cannot cover an old lady on the toilet.
Right on Jonboy!!!
don vega

Midway City, CA

#18 Oct 21, 2008
viking pride wrote:
They didn't bring this guy in just to watch folks. He will be a star our pass defense will go from mid pack to top 5 folks you watch! Remember Bobby Bryant and Paul Krouse we have are safety tandem for years to come and with Kevin and Jared just coming into there prime years look out! But I boldly predict this team to go 9-0 down the stretch and still go deep in the playoffs. Just remember all viking fans its how you finish not how you start.
just remember you are about as smart as a box of rocks the vikes willn be lucky to finish 500 and get a crappy draft pick again they will roll off a few wins give you hope then when they get close to the playoffs they will get out coached and out played.
don vega

Midway City, CA

#19 Oct 21, 2008
Jonboy wrote:
he could not cover my hemroids on the toilet
markymark

West Monroe, LA

#20 Oct 21, 2008
bulldogdutch wrote:
WE Are goiing 12-4 and WE have learned from our mistakes. Special teams are not giving up any more points.
I hope so, dude!!! Go Vikes!!!
markymark

West Monroe, LA

#21 Oct 21, 2008
don vega wrote:
<quoted text>he could not cover my hemroids on the toilet
Well said. Griffin and Gordon (burnt toast and extra crispy) are jokes. Zygi, after you get rid of Chilli, release these two idiots. They are not very bright; As a matter of fact, they're just plain stupid. My 8 year old kid could cover better than dumb and dumber.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madieu Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2013 NFL Draft: Who Do Redskins Fans Want with ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Adam Banig 1
News Albert Haynesworth and the 5 Worst Attitudes in... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Pubfarts 2
News Vikings will meet with the agents of several of... (Feb '11) Feb '11 IUVikes1 14
News Vikings safety Madieu Williams is Walter Payton... (Feb '11) Feb '11 PB ARMY 40
News Former Bengals Safety Madieu Williams Wins 2010... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Captain Canada 4
News Vikings cornerback Antoine Winfield added to NF... (Jan '11) Jan '11 bakerquaker 15
News Vikings list Brett Favre as doubtful ... but th... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Police report 28
More from around the web