Gus Frerotte dismisses report of rift with Minnesota Vikings te...

Vikings quarterback Gus Frerotte dismissed an in-game report from Fox Sports during Sunday's game against the Green Bay Packers. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
vovoso

Alpharetta, GA

#88 Nov 16, 2008
at least t-jack won't stand back there like a tackle dummy...thats his problem. he's an idiot
kdogg

United States

#89 Nov 17, 2008
vovoso wrote:
at least t-jack won't stand back there like a tackle dummy...thats his problem. he's an idiot
Ya, TJ usually waits long enough to just get back to the line of scrimmage when he could have ran for a sizeable gain. Can't make the quick decisions...
PurpleBlood0021

Rowland Heights, CA

#90 Nov 17, 2008
andy g wrote:
<quoted text>
one name..Matt Cassel..400 yards last night and 60 yds rushing. The guy is starting to look pretty decent considering he last played a meaningful snal in HS before USC and 3 years behind Brady..but he was and is a trained QB with QB instincts..New England will not sign him to a big deal to ride the pine behind Brady..and he will command a decent look after his year starting for New England.
To me, it seems as if a package deal should be considered. Why not look at Josh McDaniels, the Pats O-Coordinator, as the head coach as well as picking up Cassell in Free Agency. McDaniels is young, innovative, and is steadily building a good reputation by keeping an injury ravaged Pats offense productive. Furthermore, this would allow Cassell to develop in the system which has made what appears to be an improving solid NFL starting QB.

To me it makes sense on so many levels, not to mention that there has gotta be some credibility attached to any coach from the Bellichick coaching tree. I know there are more attractive and proven coaches out there but a guy like McDaniels would be a great hire to replace Childress and mzximize a QB's potential, whoever he may be next year.
tom from indiana

Decatur, IN

#91 Nov 18, 2008
PurpleBlood0021 wrote:
<quoted text>
To me, it seems as if a package deal should be considered. Why not look at Josh McDaniels, the Pats O-Coordinator, as the head coach as well as picking up Cassell in Free Agency. McDaniels is young, innovative, and is steadily building a good reputation by keeping an injury ravaged Pats offense productive. Furthermore, this would allow Cassell to develop in the system which has made what appears to be an improving solid NFL starting QB.
To me it makes sense on so many levels, not to mention that there has gotta be some credibility attached to any coach from the Bellichick coaching tree. I know there are more attractive and proven coaches out there but a guy like McDaniels would be a great hire to replace Childress and mzximize a QB's potential, whoever he may be next year.
great post!! although Cowher would most likely be on all vike fan's x-mas list. it would make sense to bring in a fresh face. ala Mangini, Smith, Wisenhunt,etc.. HOWEVER, that's how we ended up with Childress also.
PurpleBlood0021

Rowland Heights, CA

#92 Nov 18, 2008
tom from indiana wrote:
<quoted text>
great post!! although Cowher would most likely be on all vike fan's x-mas list. it would make sense to bring in a fresh face. ala Mangini, Smith, Wisenhunt,etc.. HOWEVER, that's how we ended up with Childress also.
I hear ya - Cowher would be the crown jewel, but I would bet that if he comes back to the NFL it will be in a warm weather city a la the Chargers. The difference between McDaniels and Childress is that McDaniels is more integral to the teams operations than Childress ever was with the Eagles. To me, McDaniels would be another Sean Payton with better coaching roots.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madieu Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2013 NFL Draft: Who Do Redskins Fans Want with ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Adam Banig 1
Albert Haynesworth and the 5 Worst Attitudes in... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Pubfarts 2
Vikings will meet with the agents of several of... (Feb '11) Feb '11 IUVikes1 14
Vikings safety Madieu Williams is Walter Payton... (Feb '11) Feb '11 PB ARMY 40
Former Bengals Safety Madieu Williams Wins 2010... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Captain Canada 4
Vikings cornerback Antoine Winfield added to NF... (Jan '11) Jan '11 bakerquaker 15
Vikings list Brett Favre as doubtful ... but th... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Police report 28
More from around the web