Gus Frerotte dismisses report of rift with Minnesota Vikings te...

Vikings quarterback Gus Frerotte dismissed an in-game report from Fox Sports during Sunday's game against the Green Bay Packers. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Ron Mitchell

Denver, CO

#1 Nov 12, 2008
Tarvaris as a Situational QB-- Why don't the Vikings get T-Jack onto the field in special situations? That way he could continue to develop as a QB and be more prepared if Gus gets hurt. Also, it is difficult to say that Gus is that much of a upgrade over a healthy Jackson. Last year he struggled early, but came on at the end. In training camp he was injured and so were his receivers, so he never had a chance to establish a rhythm that is so important to young quarterbacks. When Gus says his bad game was about "3 plays" that is nonsense. He misfired numerous times, skipping the ball off the turf to open receivers. His career percentage completions are poor, indicating a long standing pattern of inaccuracy.
Huh

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Nov 12, 2008
bIG JOHN FROM WI wrote:
<quoted text>
YEAH NUMB NUTS, THAT IS WHAT THEY DID WITH ROGER STAUBACH, JOE MONTANA, STEVE YOUNG, JOHN ELWAY, JOE KAPP, FRAN TARKENTON, DAN MARINO, TOM BRADY ETC ETC ..... WHATEVER YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE IDIOT!!!!! OH, BUT THOSE QB'S HAD ONE THING IN COMMON, CAN YOU GUESS WHAT THAT IS????? JUST THINK T-BLACK.........
I bet you're 5'6" and 130 pounds. Or you're 5'9" and 450 pounds. Truly big guys don't call themselves "Big John".
jeb

Berkeley, CA

#4 Nov 12, 2008
the goose was throwing all over the place in the GB game.
bobe

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Nov 13, 2008
well the Williams Wrecking Crew doesn't like the opposing QBs that's all I be knowing.
purplehaze

Toronto, Canada

#6 Nov 13, 2008
Ron Mitchell wrote:
Tarvaris as a Situational QB-- Why don't the Vikings get T-Jack onto the field in special situations? That way he could continue to develop as a QB and be more prepared if Gus gets hurt. Also, it is difficult to say that Gus is that much of a upgrade over a healthy Jackson. Last year he struggled early, but came on at the end. In training camp he was injured and so were his receivers, so he never had a chance to establish a rhythm that is so important to young quarterbacks. When Gus says his bad game was about "3 plays" that is nonsense. He misfired numerous times, skipping the ball off the turf to open receivers. His career percentage completions are poor, indicating a long standing pattern of inaccuracy.
...give it up tjack...just stick to the pratice squad...you're not fooling anyone...GO VIKES!!!
Justin Sider

Santa Rosa, CA

#7 Nov 13, 2008
The Vikings won inspite of Frerrotten the past two weeks. He can't keep throwing pick 6's, week after week. The dilema is there is no other viable option. Booty, a highly touted college QB, didn't look anywhere near as ready for the NFL as Flacco or Ryan, sad to say. We are kidding ourselves if we think Gus, who has sucked @SS, will take the Vikes anywhere. I hate to say this, but re-inserting Jackson atleast will provide some mobility and athleticism to the position. If he screws it up, then obviously QB, will have to be addressed in the offseason. Gus is a situational back-up that's it..
Archangel

Saint Cloud, MN

#8 Nov 13, 2008
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you're 5'6" and 130 pounds. Or you're 5'9" and 450 pounds. Truly big guys don't call themselves "Big John".
How about: "tHe Little geeK from Fall Creek"?
oxboro

Lakeville, MN

#9 Nov 13, 2008
tjack will not be on the team next year, he is a situational QB..situated at the end of the bench
Archangel

Saint Cloud, MN

#10 Nov 13, 2008
Even if Jackson could become an NFL QB, he'd have to look like the 2nd coming of Joe Montana to even have a chance here. No one trusts him.- He looked fairly okay in Preseason UNTIL his injury, or whatever. After that, he looked like a face in the car 2 seconds before the train hits it. Wide-eyed, full of panic, p*$$in' his drawers. Granted, the line protecting him looked pretty $h!tty at the time, but he never really has inspired confidence. If you read the posts on here, maybe one or two people are willing to accept him. Most people, myself included, have totally given up on him. I know that it's no use cryin' over spilled beer, but Thigpen was supposed to be occupying that position, until Klink & others thought they were gonna sneak his a$$ through on waivers. It's pretty obvious that KC uses those scrimmages as a "live scout" to look at players. Who can blame them? It's the perfect opportunity.
Gin

Lexington Park, MD

#11 Nov 13, 2008
Don't make silly mistakes, this could be the turning point of the season if the Viking can put together a couple of wins and win within their division.
Archangel

Saint Cloud, MN

#13 Nov 13, 2008
oxboro wrote:
tjack will not be on the team next year, he is a situational QB..situated at the end of the bench

Hey!- That's uncalled for! He provides balance. He holds down one edge of the plank.(Sorry TJax lovers. Couldn't resist)
TJacks the man

Ada, MN

#14 Nov 13, 2008
I bet TJack will be on the team next year and this year will end up with his starting position back as well. He has too much talent! He should have never been pulled in the first place. He was playing with a bad knee against two of the best pass defence teams in the NFL and though shaky did just fine. You all need to look at the big picture instead of sitting in your chair with a cold one acting like you understand football. Most of you have no clue!
oxboro

Lakeville, MN

#15 Nov 13, 2008
TJacks the man wrote:
I bet TJack will be on the team next year and this year will end up with his starting position back as well. He has too much talent! He should have never been pulled in the first place. He was playing with a bad knee against two of the best pass defence teams in the NFL and though shaky did just fine. You all need to look at the big picture instead of sitting in your chair with a cold one acting like you understand football. Most of you have no clue!
oh we have a clue, the vkings are not toward the top of the league in plays of 20 or more yards, and they have all happened since the benching of Tjack..Gus is not the long term answer but he is the much better choice for this year
TopGunn

Rochester, MN

#16 Nov 13, 2008
There is no doubt QB will have to be addressed next year. None of the QB's on the roster are the answer. The Vikes are going to have to trade with a bad team that has a good QB. Palmer, Bulger, etc...
Some Twin Cities sports writer should come up with a list. But they'd never consider doing that at this point of the season. It might damage Gus or T-Jack's confidence.

Since: Feb 08

Rochester, MN

#19 Nov 13, 2008
Wonder what TJack's listening to during the games? There is no doubt that Zygi will demand that Chilly (or whoever else might be coaching) will address the QB situation before next year. Gotta make a trade because our starting QB in 2009 is not on our current roster. Still have to identify the QB of the future because no one's convinced it's TJack.
onshore

Houston, TX

#20 Nov 13, 2008
Yeah, the interceptions are getting pretty common. I still don't think switching to T-Jack is the answer at this point yet, but another game like the last one and these posts are going to light up with T-Jack as the cure-all (probably myself included).

As with an earlier poster here, I also have a feeling T-Jack might end up being the starter before the year is out, but I'm thinking it's either due to an injury or being mathematically out of the playoffs. Time will tell.

And why mention Chris Hovan in the article? Never cared for him, and then he's complementing Red McCombs?? Hey Chris…ever think you were deactivated because you weren’t doing Jack Crap out on the field at that time? Glad he and McCombs are both gone.
Mad Dog Gus

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Nov 13, 2008
I really don't think Frerotte gets down on anyone but himself.

Throwing 3 INT's that lead to 17 points for the other team is a big deal....so for him to say "It was only 3 plays" is nuts!

The most important rating for a QB is the ratio of touchdowns to interceptions. Gus needs to improve!
Ryan Leaf Is Available

Sioux City, IA

#22 Nov 13, 2008
Tarvaris the travistyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyJackson!
Tarvaris

Chambersburg, PA

#23 Nov 13, 2008
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but our QB situation is not going to be much better next year.

There are no viable Free Agent QBs available next year. All are mediocre at best.

A trade for Palmer will never happen. We would have to break the bank and give up our entire draft. Bulger? Not worth the money he is being paid or the draft picks we'd have to give up. The only logical trade options I see are Derek Anderson and Matt Cassel. Cassel is too high risk. Anderson? Maybe. Depends on what we have to give up. I think Byron Leftwich is a Free Agent after this year, but I don't know if he is an answer either.

A first round rookie QB would mean we still have to wait.

I think Chester Taylor will be used as trade bait this off-season.

The big thing is, we may have a new coach and offensive scheme.

Look at it however you will, but I don't think a whole lot will change next year.
Jerret Faber

Hartford, CT

#24 Nov 13, 2008
One more int and loss on Sunday would have brought T-Jack back into the game. Gus isnt the answer!! Please bring Jackson back at least he wont stand back there like a tackle dummy!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madieu Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2013 NFL Draft: Who Do Redskins Fans Want with ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Adam Banig 1
Albert Haynesworth and the 5 Worst Attitudes in... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Pubfarts 2
Vikings will meet with the agents of several of... (Feb '11) Feb '11 IUVikes1 14
Vikings safety Madieu Williams is Walter Payton... (Feb '11) Feb '11 PB ARMY 40
Former Bengals Safety Madieu Williams Wins 2010... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Captain Canada 4
Vikings cornerback Antoine Winfield added to NF... (Jan '11) Jan '11 bakerquaker 15
Vikings list Brett Favre as doubtful ... but th... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Police report 28
More from around the web