Jason Campbell: Should Raiders QB Reclaim Starting Job Once He's Healthy?

There are 15 comments on the BleacherReport story from Dec 7, 2011, titled Jason Campbell: Should Raiders QB Reclaim Starting Job Once He's Healthy?. In it, BleacherReport reports that:

Jason Campbell is throwing the ball around a little bit and looking to get back on the field.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BleacherReport.

Captain Canada

Brandon, Canada

#1 Dec 7, 2011
No.
Correct

United States

#2 Dec 7, 2011
Captain Canada wrote:
No.
lol...

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#3 Dec 7, 2011
i haven't read this article but, NO!
not that i don't trust campbell but it has a lot to do with his constant injuries and that makes him unstable with the team. as a backup? sure, why not. or, he can try to find a starter job elsewhere if he does not want to be a backup. BUT WE HAVE TO GET RIDD OF K BOLLER!
RAIDERS 2011!!! AL!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#4 Dec 7, 2011
I doubt he's even a Raider after this year unless no other team wants him as a starter. We gave too much for Carson Palmer to let him go. It was very unfortunate that Campbell got hurt because I was really starting to think he was establishing himself as an NFL starter.
PPenguinsX

Gaithersburg, MD

#5 Dec 7, 2011
No.
Raiderfaith

United States

#6 Dec 8, 2011
Going against the grain here. It's too soon to say. If we lose out, I would taken Campbell back in a heartbeat. Campbell makes fewer mistakes and whe managed the game. I do think Carson is better, but how do we finish?
Friday 13th - Jason Gone

United States

#7 Dec 8, 2011
Bye-Bye Campbell soup....

He wont play second fiddle behind Carson....

Some West Texas County

#8 Dec 8, 2011
Raiderfaith wrote:
Going against the grain here. It's too soon to say. If we lose out, I would taken Campbell back in a heartbeat. Campbell makes fewer mistakes and whe managed the game. I do think Carson is better, but how do we finish?
There are things I like better about Palmer and there are things I like better about Campbell, but considering what we paid for Palmer I think Campbell is gone no matter what.
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#9 Dec 9, 2011
First things first, we can't win a game.....

“8-8 isn't quite good enough.”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#10 Dec 12, 2011
I would like to keep Jason Campbell around if nothing else to be a back-up to Carson Palmer. Kyle Boller is total garbage and I don't have confidence that Terrelle Pryor will develop into anything other than a career emergency quarterback. I know Palmer wouldn't be satisfied with playing second fiddle to Jason Campbell.
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#12 Dec 13, 2011
Raider X wrote:
I would like to keep Jason Campbell around if nothing else to be a back-up to Carson Palmer. Kyle Boller is total garbage and I don't have confidence that Terrelle Pryor will develop into anything other than a career emergency quarterback. I know Palmer wouldn't be satisfied with playing second fiddle to Jason Campbell.
I agree, also because Palmer might decide at any time, that retirement was still the right thing for him.....kinda starters 1A and 1B.......
Raiderfaith

Mooresville, IN

#13 Dec 13, 2011
I gotta disagree CC. palmer has been a turnover machine. I know they,are not all his fault. But I think he already set a Raiders record for int's. He he has only played half a season. I know we are missing ford and moore but half his int's are mental errors. If by seasons ebd he hasn't cleaned up I hope we drop him. Although I doubt we will given what we traded for him. But Campbell won games. May not have been flashy, but also didn't turn over the ball like palmer.
Captain Canada wrote:
No.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#14 Dec 13, 2011
a (qb) has to go through training camp to get in sinc with his team. carson palmer didn't do that. but he's already averaging over 200 yds per game if im not mistaken. not to mention the touchdowns. and at worst the amount of int's.ouch! but he looks like a starter out there. like i was mentioning in another post here, palmer has not practiced with his receivers like other teams. and when he starts to get gelled with his (wr's), they get injured! now he has a new set of (wr's). and now, they got injured this last game. he has never played a down with mcfadden? he got new guys like the housh and the boss. so he plays with what he's got. this week we don't even really know if ford or moore OR even if dmac will be back into play action? carson palmer makes mistakes no doubt, but i think he has done great concidered. jason campbell was doing good here. shakey at times, but was doing ok. one thing about campbell is that he is tough but injures easily. and like i was saying, you wonder every time he gets hit wheather he will get back up. so, i would keep him here if he wants to be a backup. what did happen to aaron pryor? as manny injuries as we have with our (wr's), i wouldn't doubt he plays this week as a (wr)?. but he may be a backup next season as a #2. like i was saying, "they have to go through training camp".
RAIDERS 2011!!! AL!

Some West Texas County

#15 Dec 13, 2011
Raiderfaith wrote:
I gotta disagree CC. palmer has been a turnover machine. I know they,are not all his fault. But I think he already set a Raiders record for int's. He he has only played half a season. I know we are missing ford and moore but half his int's are mental errors. If by seasons ebd he hasn't cleaned up I hope we drop him. Although I doubt we will given what we traded for him. But Campbell won games. May not have been flashy, but also didn't turn over the ball like palmer. <quoted text>
I agree that Campbell was the better QB for us, but I don't see us keeping him after what we paid for Palmer.
PSxNFL2012Champs xPS

California, MD

#16 Dec 13, 2011
TexasRaider wrote:
<quoted text>I agree that Campbell was the better QB for us, but I don't see us keeping him after what we paid for Palmer.
A.J. Green stole the show, bringing down everything A Dalton throw.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louis Murphy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Carolina Panthers defense has its way against G... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Laughing Bear Fan 7
News Giants Wide Receiver Breakdown: Complete Depth ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 jose 1
News Huge catch comes at perfect time for Carolina P... (Nov '12) Nov '12 CTP 3
News Newton, Panthers seek answers after latest loss (Oct '12) Nov '12 Fig Newton 2
News Is Jacoby Ford Going Johnnie Lee Higgins? (Aug '12) Aug '12 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 2
News Raiders rookie Streater shines in exhibition debut (Aug '12) Aug '12 raiderfaith 1
News Raiders invite Udfa WR Muhammad to training camp (Aug '12) Aug '12 Indiana football 1
More from around the web