Personnel moves within Dolphins leave gaps, questions

Dolphins coach Cam Cameron and General Manager Randy Mueller have followed through on their credo of "aggressive patience" for offseason talent acquisitions. Full Story
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
NATIVE

Brea, CA

#1 Mar 20, 2007
JETS SUCK!!!!
BLITZ

United States

#2 Mar 20, 2007
I'm just trying to figure out how much the Bills / Jets fans paid you write this garbage...

We all know Miami has some holes to fill, but let's get serious here. The Patriots are the only team the East that Miami may have lost some ground to this off-season. For that matter, every team in the league lost ground to them....

As far as Mare being replaced, I'm not sure about you, but in the clutch, I'd much rather have an accurate kicker, than one who can put it in the endzone on kickoffs....

You didn't even mention the addition of FB C. Schlsinger?? What kind of writer are you, when you don't even know all of the off-season additions??

In my opinion, a very poor one...

What a joke!!

Since: Jan 07

Hoboken, NJ

#3 Mar 20, 2007
It was time to gut the fish! Lots of older, average ball players on this team. It is also a smart thing not to go and spend big on guys other teams do not want. It is wiser to build through the draft.
abuelo

United States

#4 Mar 20, 2007
same old, same old.................
abuelo

United States

#5 Mar 20, 2007
the only thing from the Dolphin - price increase
Gary

United States

#6 Mar 20, 2007
Great collumn Alex you plead patience but you start out bashing. You complain about 15 players being released and you fail to mention most of them were nothing but warm bodies filling a uniform. If my memory serves me correct Miami won a total of 6 games last year, I guess you were pleased with that. Those 15 players needed to go, not one of them made a play when we needed it. All but one were underacheivers and Miami wound up with 2 picks for him. Face the truth Alex those players needed to go we all know it. What are you looking for, do you think the Dolphins are going to the Super Bowl this year or next ? For once in years Miami has a Coach with a backbone, It's a shame the media makes it's money from bashing everyone in sight, give the guy a break.
FinFan in TN

Cleveland, TN

#7 Mar 21, 2007
BLITZ wrote:
I'm just trying to figure out how much the Bills / Jets fans paid you write this garbage...
We all know Miami has some holes to fill, but let's get serious here. The Patriots are the only team the East that Miami may have lost some ground to this off-season. For that matter, every team in the league lost ground to them....
As far as Mare being replaced, I'm not sure about you, but in the clutch, I'd much rather have an accurate kicker, than one who can put it in the endzone on kickoffs....
You didn't even mention the addition of FB C. Schlsinger?? What kind of writer are you, when you don't even know all of the off-season additions??
In my opinion, a very poor one...
What a joke!!
GREAT call BLITZ. Furthermore, gee. I don't think we went to the playoffs with those guys we released, did we??? So what do we have to lose? Stay tuned. Hopefully things will get better.
JWC

Trenton, NJ

#8 Mar 21, 2007
Great job, Cam. This team should have been gutted a few years ago. I like thePorter signing - 30 means nothing to today's athlete- look at THomas, Taylor, Traylor. He brings Attitude. We have more picks than at any other time. Time to get younger and build. NE overpaid for marginal WR- seems to me like they are grasping yet no one wants to say it. The FA market this year was really, really weak- why overpay for more average talent? LEt's FINALLY build through the draft!
Rick

United States

#9 Mar 21, 2007
Alex - you tell Dolphins fans to be patient, but your article does the opposite. Your initial premise of the article is that the Dolphins have made 'questionable' moves, then list nothing but the 'downsides' to the Dolphins moves and the upside to their opponents moves. If you are going to do a critical comparison, then you need to mention the 'questionable' moves of the other teams as well - or spend more column space on the upside of Cameron's strategy. Your article comes off like a slam job against the coach and GM.
Ray in NC

Miami, FL

#10 Mar 21, 2007
FinFan in TN wrote:
<quoted text> GREAT call BLITZ. Furthermore, gee. I don't think we went to the playoffs with those guys we released, did we??? So what do we have to lose? Stay tuned. Hopefully things will get better.
EXACTLY!!! People seem to think like we had a superbowl squad that we are dismanteling. Remember our roster from the last 3 years Sucked!
When Wes Welker is considered one of your best plays, we are in trouble.
GreatdayLuvchild

Lehigh Acres, FL

#11 Mar 21, 2007
.....and so it begins, the inevitable slander of anything the Dolphins do or don't do by the all-knowing journalists.

No wonder this team gets no fan support, the journalists make it seem like such a misery, who would want to watch such a team.

The great thing about it is, if/ when this team actually becomes good, they'll trip all over themselves trying to be the first to proclaim that they saw it coming the whole time.
Alex Marvez

United States

#12 Mar 21, 2007
I don't consider the Jets or Buffallo's pickups that great. However New England made some major moves,but they also have the cap space to do it,so you can't compare them with the Dolphins.
The Dolphins did try & make a run at Dante Stallworth, but we'll see what happens there. As for your comment about Porter as aging,he just turned 30 and i don't think he's lost anything. Also,there were 8 teams interested in him including bitter rival Cincinatti who played them twice a year and has a very good idea about how good he is.
Personally,i trust Mueller & Cameron and what thier trying to accomplish.
You apparently still have that "quick fix" mindset that's plagued the Dolphins in the past, By not "blowing all there money like New England did this year,they should have some good cap space to sign free agents next year.
Do you know what players contracts will be up next year that will be free agents? Do you know what next years draft prospects are? No,because your not looking at the big picture.
Ocala Dolphin Fan

Ocala, FL

#13 Mar 21, 2007
I agree. We needed to do a lot of gutting and cutting. Even if we go from a 6 win team to a 3 or 4 win team. This team was sacked by Wannstedt and then "The Fairy Genius" came in and after the fairy dust finally settled we didn't get any better, just OLDER.
I originally thought the FA signing of Joey Porter was great but this incident in Vegas CANNOT be ignored or minimalized. It is not a good omen. This franchise does not need a player that is going to act like that. I don't care how good he is. He's a THUG! And a mistake. I am sure Cam/Mueller have to be a little worried now after his antics in Vegas. I hope his contract had some kind of option the Dolphins could use in case his behavior merits a suspension. I fear he may have been a bad personnel move.
cnich

United States

#14 Mar 21, 2007
Give it time people, remember after the draft there will be big name players cut for cap reasons. happens every season. also this draft will provide some good players, maybe great ones. we must be patient. Sign Lehr we need O-line help now.
CanesPride

United States

#15 Mar 21, 2007
Three words. Clearing cap space.

That's a good thing.

--
CanesPride.com
phintim

Cape Coral, FL

#16 Mar 21, 2007
Keep sugarcoating the Dolphins moves when they start loosing bigtime we will see who the real fans are. The Sun Sentinel staff will change its course just like it did with Saban, Dave and Jimmy. You did not mention we lost better coaches than we have gained under Randy. Coaching is where its at and we have had the players in the past to get it done. They just under performed and thats a coaches fualt. What I see now are we actually are headed in a direction in aquiring underperforming old and brittle players. I will be fan this yeat but its going to be tough!
Rick

Kissimmee, FL

#17 Mar 21, 2007
Whine, whine, whine. I think Randy and Cam are doing an outstanding job. FA isn't over yet and it's obvious the best way to get value and youth is to build IS THRU THE DRAFT, which, last I checked, HASN'T HAPPENED YET. Seriously, do these reporters think, or just write crap to spark a response?
Dana

United States

#18 Mar 21, 2007
The Sun-Sentinel should release YOU and build thru the draft!!! What a shit article. You don't know crap about football. The transplanted Jets/Bills fans must have paid you a fortune to write this shit or you went to school in N.Y.
Carlin Fan

Fort Myers, FL

#19 Mar 21, 2007
Its really stupid to compare ourselves to Jets and Pats at this point in time. Both made the playoffs and Pats would have won SB if not for a bad 4t qtr against Colts. You dont spend a ton of money on free agents when you were 6-10. We are doing the right thing by rebulding and loading up on draft picks. These writers want the team to spend millions on FA's so they can get the big headlines and the team never goes anywhere.
Schmid

Columbus, OH

#20 Mar 21, 2007
CanesPride wrote:
Three words. Clearing cap space.
That's a good thing.
--
CanesPride.com
I agree with the clearing cap space. I just couldn't help but notice that there is actually a website called canespride.com . Does that team still have any pride left? Thanks for the laugh. You made my Wednesday

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Fletcher Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clark makes voice heard in return to Redskins Jul '14 len 1
Should the Redskins pursue Da Qwell Jackson? (Feb '14) Feb '14 Emmanuelredskinfo... 1
Washington Redskins Should Consider Lovie Smith... (Nov '13) Dec '13 uncle sexy 3
Redskins to Meet with Veteran CB Antoine Winfie... (Mar '13) Mar '13 viking nation 1
The Biggest Question Marks Surrounding the Reds... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Walez 1
Redskins lead Seattle 14-0 after 1st quarter (Jan '13) Jan '13 Crazytempest 4
Washington Redskins' London Fletcher Deserves A... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Go Blue Forever 2
More from around the web