Bruins try to stop OSU's Rogers

Bruins try to stop OSU's Rogers

There are 3 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Nov 8, 2008, titled Bruins try to stop OSU's Rogers. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

Everyone who plays against Oregon State tailback Jacquizz Rodgers tries to come up with a way to describe the diminutive freshman, but UCLA defensive tackle Brigham Harwell did so in a way that should hit home ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

HoustonRodgersFa n

Darien, CT

#1 Nov 8, 2008
"Jones-Drew, who led UCLA to a 10-2 mark in 2005 and currently plays for the Jacksonville Jaguars, had breakaway ability.

Rodgers does not. "

Oh wow! This statement is so very, very wrong. Watching this kid all through highschool, trust me, he has breakaway speed. It just hasnt happened on the college level yet with all the focus on him but wait and see he is gonna break some long ones in his career. I've never seen him run down from behind. You might be able to horsecollar him but if not you certainly arent running him down.
R U Serious

Long Beach, CA

#2 Nov 8, 2008
I am a UCLA fan and I always will be. And, I think Neuhiesel will get it turned around in a couple of years. But now days their hard to watch, and the way you can tell the UCLA offense is doing good is when they have a third down and ten instead of third down and 14.

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#3 Nov 8, 2008
HoustonRodgersFan wrote:
"Jones-Drew, who led UCLA to a 10-2 mark in 2005 and currently plays for the Jacksonville Jaguars, had breakaway ability.
Rodgers does not. "
Oh wow! This statement is so very, very wrong. Watching this kid all through highschool, trust me, he has breakaway speed. It just hasnt happened on the college level yet with all the focus on him but wait and see he is gonna break some long ones in his career. I've never seen him run down from behind. You might be able to horsecollar him but if not you certainly arent running him down.
Definitely *ouch*. Isn't he just a freshman, without any real OL talent in front of him? Let him get some experience and better OLs, and let's see what happens.

Like I always said about Barry Sanders. He's the greatest RB in pro football ever! Think about it: everything he did, he did for the Detroit Frickin' Lions with no real OL in front of him. Imagine what he would have accomplished with Emmitt Smith's O-line?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Logan Paulsen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Biggest Question Marks Surrounding the Reds... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Walez 1
News Looking deep into Robert Griffin III's knee injury (Jan '13) Jan '13 Jason 2
News Washington Redskins Bring in Some "Chaos", Resi... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Theismann 2
News Like last year, UCLA must win two of final thre... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Brew In 13
News Bruins trying to find a rhythm (Sep '10) Sep '10 Chosen Traveler 1
News UCLA offense looking to find its rhythm (Sep '10) Sep '10 Kornblum 1
News UCLA offense looking to find its rhythm (Sep '10) Sep '10 West Valley Dave ... 1
More from around the web