New England Patriots 2011 Offseason O...

New England Patriots 2011 Offseason Outlook

There are 9 comments on the Patriots Chronicle story from Jan 26, 2011, titled New England Patriots 2011 Offseason Outlook. In it, Patriots Chronicle reports that:

With the New England Patriots out of the post season and with Tom Brady undergoing foot surgery it is time to see what the New England Patriots will do during the off season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patriots Chronicle.

“All for 1, 1 for all”

Since: Apr 08

Akron, Ohio

#1 Jan 26, 2011
Interesting article. Time for everybody to get their surgeries done.

They better keep Green Ellis.
nikka kerwens

Fort Pierce, FL

#2 Feb 5, 2011
clayborn 1 jjwatt1 mike leshoure2 lieman 2 sam acho 3 wr.3 saftye 4 corner 4 ........5?6?7?
Donald Lyonnais

United States

#3 Feb 6, 2011
I always thought that Brady was a good quarterback, no better than any other in the league. Most times he chokes on a long pass to a wide open man. He has made some. So could I with protection in 2 out of 10 passes and I'm not a quarterback. And when he blows a pass or is intercepted, it is usually when the game is on the line, especially in a playoff situation. He can surely march a team down the field in two minutes when the defense is in a drop back prevent situation. Damm, I could do it too because there usually isn't much of a rush. And when there is, he can't get out of his own way like the other guy they had by the name of Bledsoe. If the Patriots had an above average quarterback, they would have one a couple more Superbowls. I would have kept Matt Cassell in place of Brady anyday. Look what he did when he started for the injured Brady ( 11-4). Cassell did get to the playoffs with a not so good team. The Patriots did not get much further with a great team and supposedly the best quarterback in history.
Lucky

New Bedford, MA

#4 Feb 6, 2011
Donald Lyonnais wrote:
I always thought that Brady was a good quarterback, no better than any other in the league. Most times he chokes on a long pass to a wide open man. He has made some. So could I with protection in 2 out of 10 passes and I'm not a quarterback. And when he blows a pass or is intercepted, it is usually when the game is on the line, especially in a playoff situation. He can surely march a team down the field in two minutes when the defense is in a drop back prevent situation. Damm, I could do it too because there usually isn't much of a rush. And when there is, he can't get out of his own way like the other guy they had by the name of Bledsoe. If the Patriots had an above average quarterback, they would have one a couple more Superbowls. I would have kept Matt Cassell in place of Brady anyday. Look what he did when he started for the injured Brady ( 11-4). Cassell did get to the playoffs with a not so good team. The Patriots did not get much further with a great team and supposedly the best quarterback in history.
Wrong Donald. This team is a good team but not yet a GREAT team. You do know that most of these players are NEW to the NFL don't you? Most have never been to a playoff game. Still they did very well this year and with 6 picks in the first three draft rounds this is definitely a team that can put it together for more Super Bowl wins. Brady is an elite QB and no one should count them out.
Midnight Rambler

Stoughton, MA

#5 Feb 9, 2011
Lucky wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong Donald. This team is a good team but not yet a GREAT team. You do know that most of these players are NEW to the NFL don't you? Most have never been to a playoff game. Still they did very well this year and with 6 picks in the first three draft rounds this is definitely a team that can put it together for more Super Bowl wins. Brady is an elite QB and no one should count them out.
I was listening to a Patriots talk show "PFW in Progress." They talk about the Patriots being more of a finesse team much like the Colts. I agree with this to some extent. When the offense breaks down we don't have the guys to grind out a victory. Cory Dillon was that kind of guy. Parcells may have been better at picking the guys "who get it" on offense - a phrase, I believe, he coined. But this is debatable and, to Belichick's credit, Crumpler was a great acquisition who can play in the dirt.
We need to beef up the line on both sides of the ball with the high draft picks and acquire that rushing OLB everyone's keeps mentioning. At the skill positions a Cory Dillon type would be great and, of course, Larry Fitzgerald - but the price for him will likely be too high until his contract expires after next season.
To the point in your comment, we can't do it all in the draft; there will have to be some free agent help. I think the CBA will get done and I believe it will bolster teams like Patriots and Steelers who build their teams up from the ground.
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

#6 Feb 9, 2011
Couple of tall, fast recievers....another back and more.....Casey Matthews at MLB....

“All for 1, 1 for all”

Since: Apr 08

Akron, Ohio

#7 Feb 9, 2011
Go Blue wrote:
Couple of tall, fast recievers....another back and more.....Casey Matthews at MLB....
Definitely need that long ball threat back.

It's a no-brainer with an arm like Brady's.
passerby

London, Canada

#8 Feb 9, 2011
Donald Lyonnais wrote:
Feel the love hehehe

Of course you are just trolling spreading your hate for successful people things, sad really.

Cheer up your life cannot be that bad.

Remember

It's never too late to be who you might have been.

George Eliot
Lucky

New Bedford, MA

#9 Feb 9, 2011
Midnight Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
I was listening to a Patriots talk show "PFW in Progress." They talk about the Patriots being more of a finesse team much like the Colts. I agree with this to some extent. When the offense breaks down we don't have the guys to grind out a victory. Cory Dillon was that kind of guy. Parcells may have been better at picking the guys "who get it" on offense - a phrase, I believe, he coined. But this is debatable and, to Belichick's credit, Crumpler was a great acquisition who can play in the dirt.
We need to beef up the line on both sides of the ball with the high draft picks and acquire that rushing OLB everyone's keeps mentioning. At the skill positions a Cory Dillon type would be great and, of course, Larry Fitzgerald - but the price for him will likely be too high until his contract expires after next season.
To the point in your comment, we can't do it all in the draft; there will have to be some free agent help. I think the CBA will get done and I believe it will bolster teams like Patriots and Steelers who build their teams up from the ground.
I agree

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Logan Mankins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Left guard Connolly announces his retirement (Jul '15) Jul '15 Fart news 5
News Patriots looking to fill holes (Apr '15) May '15 tom wingo 12
News Commentary: Brady-Belichick Simply the Best (Dec '14) Jan '15 Mensan 19
News The Patriots Traded Away Tom Brady's Best Offen... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Max Flatulence 2
News Tom Brady not wearing a Patriots uniform? Brace... (Aug '14) Sep '14 Flatulence Fred 16
News NFL roundup: Pats swap Mankins to Buccaneers (Aug '14) Aug '14 Flatulence Fred 1
News 2014 NFL Draft: Day Two New England Patriots Op... (May '14) May '14 Tom Brady 2
More from around the web