Melosky pulling for Moncman, Hurricanes to bring home a title

Full story: The Morning Call

Nazareth coach Rob Melosky hopes that he'll be joined by Liberty coach Tim Moncman in a glorious company of coaches who have led a Lehigh Valley team to the PIAA Class 4A football title.
Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Dec 15, 2008
What I really mean

Wilmington, DE

#1 Dec 9, 2008
When Robby says he hopes Timmy wins the PIAA Title, does he really mean it? Or does he secretly hope the Canes get mercy ruled? He is still the only LVC coach to win the State Championship, even though some say Snis was the architech of that team. He learned a lesson in do not pizz off Sniz, as he fired Rob for taking the credit, go figure. Rob has been miserable since, asking his buddies to take him back to Freedom, working at Lehigh and Bethlehem Catholic and landing a head job at Nazareth. He and the Liberty staff have no love lost, so I am sure he is rooting hard for the Canes...to get thumped. He will probably be soaking up the suds at Andre Williams beer bash at the OBT, while the MC is in Chapter 11. Go figure.
Go Liberty.
Hurricane

Wilmington, DE

#2 Dec 9, 2008
If the MC research department were to check it out, they would learn the correct name for the Bethlehem Cith High School is The Hurricane. One big storm. The uninformed coined Hurricanes and it has been thus accepted over time. The Hurricane as in "here comes the hurricane," one helluva storm. An example would be to call Alabama the Crimson Tides or Tulane the Green Waves. Nay on Hurricanes...The Liberty Hurricane, blow hurricane, blow!
comment

Korea

#3 Dec 9, 2008
One thinks that Andre has man love for Melosky and Austin Scott. Is there ever an article he does not figure out how to insert one of these two people?

I like Andre, but in 23 years of writing sports, he isn't any better than he was in Year 1 back when he was coaching sprinters at Freedom.

Wait to Stem is back at Bethlehem Catholic, you will have Freedom, Emmaus, Parkland, Becahi, Liberty and Easton all potential D11 candidates.

Looks like Robbie will be like the kid at the candy store looking in from the outside because it will be a snowy day in July when Nazareth wins a D11 title in football. Robbie has moved to the small pond and hopes to become a big fish.
Something Funny

Lansdale, PA

#4 Dec 9, 2008
Cakewalk into the Eastern Final? Is there such a thing? Liberty played 2 teams they beat in the regular season. North Penn played two one-loss teams. Liberty played none, unless you count George Washington who was sure a toughy.
Richard Rod

South River, NJ

#5 Dec 9, 2008
Who cares what Melosky thinks! Who's he?
LETS GO CANES!
Who Cares

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Dec 9, 2008
Who cares what that criminal thinks? A trained squirrel could have coached that Parkland team. And it least it wouldn't have been a teacher who gets away with striking kids. What a loser. He's nothing like Coach Moncman.
Jack Collins

Wilmington, DE

#7 Dec 9, 2008
and I was under the mistaken impression that I was the only sports writer to gain inspiration sitting at the bar at the OBT.
Coors Light gals

Wilmington, DE

#8 Dec 9, 2008
we know why Andre is so fond of Melosky and it goes past man love. Rob told Andre he will make his son as good a running back as Austin Scott, who should have had a baby sitter at PSU and he would have made a bigger positive impression and maybe made the pros. Hey Andre get a clue, keep your kid in either of Bethlehem's public high schools.
Could not give a poop

Allentown, PA

#9 Dec 9, 2008
I really don't care what Rob Melosky thinks and to put him in the same article as Tim Moncman is embarrassing. Moncman is a real man, a great teacher, coach, husband and father. Melosky is a .............well....do I have to go on. Keep your opinions to yourself Melosky, nobody cares what you think.
Richard Rod

South River, NJ

#10 Dec 10, 2008
Lets Go Canes!
AGREE

Bethlehem, PA

#11 Dec 10, 2008
Could not give a poop wrote:
I really don't care what Rob Melosky thinks and to put him in the same article as Tim Moncman is embarrassing. Moncman is a real man, a great teacher, coach, husband and father. Melosky is a ..........well....do I have to go on. Keep your opinions to yourself Melosky, nobody cares what you think.
We all know what type of person Melosky is. An adult, teacher, father, coach that strikes a student in public and then LIES under oath! I don't think this type of person deserves to be quoted in the newspaper. Who cares if he won a state title! You'd think the Morning Call wouldn't reference such a person.
usc

Greensboro, NC

#12 Dec 10, 2008
AGREE wrote:
<quoted text>
We all know what type of person Melosky is. An adult, teacher, father, coach that strikes a student in public and then LIES under oath! I don't think this type of person deserves to be quoted in the newspaper. Who cares if he won a state title! You'd think the Morning Call wouldn't reference such a person.
jealousy it's terrible thing. hang in there.
HECK NO

Bethlehem, PA

#13 Dec 10, 2008
usc wrote:
<quoted text>
jealousy it's terrible thing. hang in there.
By no means could ANYONE be jealous of MELOSKY! With his reputation there is nothing to be jealous of!!!!! More like ashamed!
leading lady

Easton, PA

#14 Dec 10, 2008
moncman does not deserve s-it. he is one of the biggest a-hole in coaching. i hope he gets blown out again
Richard Rod

Allentown, PA

#15 Dec 12, 2008
BooHoo Rovers
Walley

Houston, TX

#16 Dec 15, 2008
It took Liberty three tries and they finally hit the big one, I can not believe that the Bethlehem residents hasn't burned down the city yet.

Bring Stem back the BECA.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Levi Brown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cards feel Sowell is ready for the limelight (Oct '13) Oct '13 Atomic Number 2
Arizona Cardinals: Top 5 2013 NFL Draft Needs (Apr '13) Apr '13 Joshua mcdonald 1
Cardinals' world according to Bruce Arians (Apr '13) Apr '13 Laughing Bear Fan 2
Arizona Cardinals 2013 NFL Draft Wishlist (Jan '13) Feb '13 bird man 4
Chris Williams and J'Marcus Webb: Chicago Bears... (Aug '12) Aug '12 zorrosrath 1
Grading the 2012 NFL Draft: Team by Team (Apr '12) May '12 Laughing Bear Fan 9
Michael Floyd Should Still be the Cardinals Fir... (Apr '12) Apr '12 RevEZDamnUall 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Levi Brown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••