Vick's play will determine future, and it's been lousy

Full story: Philly.com

What matters is that Michael Vick, the most polarizing athlete since Mike Tyson and Muhammad Ali, is being evaluated as a passer and as a leader.
Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Dec 31, 2012
Jim Evans Esq

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Great article. More and more people are finally opening their eyes and coming to the realization that vick, as a QB experiment, has been a terrible failure.

Some extremely spot on excerpts from the article:

"Also, Vick played lousy the past two seasons. He never played worse than Sunday in the finale, when he started in place of Foles, who broke his throwing hand last week."

"Considering Vick's past, the importance of his poor play is, in a way, a joyous revelation: His play, not his rep or his rap sheet, will determine his future."

"As for his play ...

It had been 7 weeks, 5 of them spent in the fog of concussion. Vick was beyond rusty; he was seized up like the Tin Man."

"He played with about as much heart. Vick played unengaged, indifferently, like he didn't want to get hurt again. Like this was a paycheck, not a gut check."

"Perish the thought, Vick insisted. He said he played as hard and as well as he could: 19-for-35, an atrocious 54 percent completion rate, for 197 yards, with a nice touchdown and a killer interception. His passer rating was 68.4. That's all he had to give."

You just have to love the part about the "tin man and about as much heart". Too funny!
Jim Evans Esq

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Michael Vick didn't openly question his teammates' efforts after Sunday's loss. But the veteran quarterback clearly implied the whole team wasn't on board with one of the great sound bites of the season.

"I don't know how that happens," he said. "You watch us play and we don't exhibit the things that we do in practice. I don't know where that comes from. It's frustrating. It's difficult because, me, I leave it all out on the field and I give it everything I got.

"Sometimes I wish I could play other positions, but I can't. You do the best you can. That's all you can ask of yourself."

Later in the same interview, perhaps realizing what he said could be used against him, Vick tried to clarify.

"Let's clear this up," he said. "I'm not saying my teammates gave a lack of effort and I noticed it. I just know we can play better. That's what I'm saying."

Too late.

The felon is nothing short of a comedian. "I" leave it all out there on the field.(Um, you mean when you aren't sitting on the sideline with a hurt lip or tongue). "I" give it everything I've got. "I" wish "I" could play other positions. "I" do the best "I" can.......... But, but, but "NO, I'm not saying the other players aren't giving it everything they've got". LMGDAO
Vick Hater

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Jim Evans Esq wrote:
Michael Vick didn't openly question his teammates' efforts after Sunday's loss. But the veteran quarterback clearly implied the whole team wasn't on board with one of the great sound bites of the season.
"I don't know how that happens," he said. "You watch us play and we don't exhibit the things that we do in practice. I don't know where that comes from. It's frustrating. It's difficult because, me, I leave it all out on the field and I give it everything I got.
"Sometimes I wish I could play other positions, but I can't. You do the best you can. That's all you can ask of yourself."
Later in the same interview, perhaps realizing what he said could be used against him, Vick tried to clarify.
"Let's clear this up," he said. "I'm not saying my teammates gave a lack of effort and I noticed it. I just know we can play better. That's what I'm saying."
Too late.
The felon is nothing short of a comedian. "I" leave it all out there on the field.(Um, you mean when you aren't sitting on the sideline with a hurt lip or tongue). "I" give it everything I've got. "I" wish "I" could play other positions. "I" do the best "I" can.......... But, but, but "NO, I'm not saying the other players aren't giving it everything they've got". LMGDAO
Well, I guess you wouldn't consider him a stand up comedian because when he is on the field he is mostly on his back and when he is off the field he is mostly sitting on the bench nursing an injury or bitching about how his team is sucking and letting him down!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••