NFL Trade Rumors: 10 Potential Destinations For Ryan Grant

There are 7 comments on the Bleacher Report story from Mar 11, 2011, titled NFL Trade Rumors: 10 Potential Destinations For Ryan Grant. In it, Bleacher Report reports that:

In Week 1 of the 2010 NFL season, Packers running back Ryan Grant went down with an ankle injury that caused him to miss the rest of Green Bay's Super Bowl season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bleacher Report.

PackerBacker-Wic hitaKs

Wichita, KS

#1 Mar 11, 2011
I would think that the Packers would keep Ryan Grant. First of all, is he going to return completely healthy? Secondly, the Packers aren't sure if James Starks can endure a full season. Thirdly, Brandon Jackson is not an every down RB. If you keep all three, even though this is a passing offense, it opens up a lot of different things that can be added to very potent offense. Jackson is a decent receiver out of the back field. Starks appears to be a good cut and go RB. And, a healthy Grant can do all of these things very well. Green Bay has proven you don't need a 1000 yd. rusher to win. Coach McCarthy will find a way to implement a decent running game to keep defenses honest. The combination of these three should provide that.
eric

Marshfield, WI

#2 Mar 11, 2011
I think its more of does Grant want to be here after Mc. said he and Starks will split carries. Dorcey Levins suffered the same injury and was never the same again,and i dont know if medical advancements can improve the situation ( compareing to an ACL in 1990 to 2010 for instance).
I would think TT will be looking at RB anyway as B.Jackson is prob. gone, although ATL. was very high on Demitri Nance before he signed with GB so he may have a nice role with the squad as well.As well as improving the oline will help the backs in the running game as well.
wal0645

Yorktown, VA

#3 Mar 11, 2011
That was a tough injury Grant had and I believe he was still in a brace at the SB, so we will see. Each player is different, but Dorsey Levens didn't bounce back from an ankle injury. When you look at Grant's age, the salary we would be paying him, his injury, the emergence of Starks...I wouldn't be too surprised if Grant isn't on the team in 2011. If TT were to take a RB that might tell a lot about Grant's future in GB.
PackerBacker-Wic hitaKs

Wichita, KS

#4 Mar 11, 2011
eric wrote:
I think its more of does Grant want to be here after Mc. said he and Starks will split carries. Dorcey Levins suffered the same injury and was never the same again,and i dont know if medical advancements can improve the situation ( compareing to an ACL in 1990 to 2010 for instance).
I would think TT will be looking at RB anyway as B.Jackson is prob. gone, although ATL. was very high on Demitri Nance before he signed with GB so he may have a nice role with the squad as well.As well as improving the oline will help the backs in the running game as well.
You are probably right on this scenario. If Grant doesn't want to be in Green Bay then, by all means, goodbye. TT and MM will probably explore what is available thru the draft of FA. I would think any decent FA RB would find it great to play in this offense that the Packers have built. Grant should enjoy the fact that he wouldn't have to carry the whole running game on his shoulders and that the others would contribute. Coming off his injury, if he does, then sharing the duties would benefit his career.
eric

Marshfield, WI

#5 Mar 11, 2011
Unless he reneg. his contract,no one would trade for him and take on his 6M contract.He would be released i would think.I wonder if they will resign Kuhn
then you go Starks,Kuhn,Vance and you still have Quinn Johnson at FB and they can upgrade RT and LG for a better oline and that just may do it after they find a RB in the later rounds.
Bulaga at either tackle and find another in the early rounds,they can find a back and a guard in the mid late rounds.
Really besides a Tackle and Guard to upgrade,they can use another DE, OLB, and they have at least 8 picks and if they trade Barnett,there is 9 picks
RT,Guard,RB,DE,OLB, and a WR to replace James Jones and a safety/corner which can be late as well ( Shields is proof of that)
PLUS, Brandon CHilar may be gone as hes had 3 shoulder surgeries now,so there is a release and someone else to replace,so they have their work cutout for them.I guess they can resign Colledge but he is clearly the weak spot and seeing as they found Josh Sitton in the mid rounds it can be done at these more unknown colleges or smaller colleges it just may surprise people.
eric

Marshfield, WI

#6 Mar 11, 2011
PackerBacker-WichitaKs wrote:
<quoted text>You are probably right on this scenario. If Grant doesn't want to be in Green Bay then, by all means, goodbye. TT and MM will probably explore what is available thru the draft of FA. I would think any decent FA RB would find it great to play in this offense that the Packers have built. Grant should enjoy the fact that he wouldn't have to carry the whole running game on his shoulders and that the others would contribute. Coming off his injury, if he does, then sharing the duties would benefit his career.
I think your right on that one in that coming off an injury,you would think Grant wouldnt mind sharing carries for a year to get back into football mode and stretch his career another year,but, you always want to be the man esp. once you already were.
PackerBacker-Wic hitaKs

Wichita, KS

#7 Mar 12, 2011
eric wrote:
Unless he reneg. his contract,no one would trade for him and take on his 6M contract.He would be released i would think.I wonder if they will resign Kuhn
then you go Starks,Kuhn,Vance and you still have Quinn Johnson at FB and they can upgrade RT and LG for a better oline and that just may do it after they find a RB in the later rounds.
Bulaga at either tackle and find another in the early rounds,they can find a back and a guard in the mid late rounds.
Really besides a Tackle and Guard to upgrade,they can use another DE, OLB, and they have at least 8 picks and if they trade Barnett,there is 9 picks
RT,Guard,RB,DE,OLB, and a WR to replace James Jones and a safety/corner which can be late as well ( Shields is proof of that)
PLUS, Brandon CHilar may be gone as hes had 3 shoulder surgeries now,so there is a release and someone else to replace,so they have their work cutout for them.I guess they can resign Colledge but he is clearly the weak spot and seeing as they found Josh Sitton in the mid rounds it can be done at these more unknown colleges or smaller colleges it just may surprise people.
Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy have had a knack for finding good players out of some of these smaller schools. Those areas you mentioned really do need addressed. Find good solid players with good backgrounds and developing them seems to be TT's MO. I honestly believe the Packers won't sit still on what they have. TT and MM are smart enough to know that being a championship contender is an ongoing process. It has amazed me, for the last 3-4 years where they come up with some of these players. A lot of credit needs to be given to their scouting staff.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

LeSean McCoy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News RB McCoy: Eagles' Kelly doesn't respect stars Apr 7 Astrologist Chip 1
News Philadelphia Eagles reportedly trade QB Nick Fo... Mar '15 Injury Boy 3
News Stephen A Smith: Eagles Head Coach Chip Kelly I... Mar '15 Butters 2
News NSFW: LANGUAGE* Eagles Fan Loses It Over McCoy ... Mar '15 falsegods 1
News Philadelphia Eagles' LeSean McCoy: I'd Pick My ... (Apr '14) Nov '14 Mark 7
News LeSean McCoy's 20-cent tip receipt selling for ... (Sep '14) Sep '14 McCoy Was Right 4
News LeSean McCoy leaves 20 cent tip at Philly burge... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Vince Papale 6
More from around the web