Big-play day for Clayton

Big-play day for Clayton

There are 24 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Dec 1, 2008, titled Big-play day for Clayton. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Derrick Mason , Joe Flacco, John Harbaugh and Cam Cameron made the claim more often as the season wore on.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
emjay

AOL

#1 Dec 1, 2008
It is clear that Cam makes better use of all personnel than the former Raven coaches. The players formerly left out of the Ravens equation are making big time plays. I am glad to see it! I hope Cam will be with us next year. As much as Rex deserves a head coaching job, I hope he too returns. I love the Ravens.
RavensfaninNY

Canada

#2 Dec 1, 2008
Clayton finally realized that a great reciever goes and makes plays on the ball. All of the great QB's of all time had recievers that they could go to that would go and get the ball and not expect it to land lightly in their hands. I hope that both Flacco and Clayton can keep up their great performances for the last 4 games of the season! GO RAVENS!
veedub

Englewood, CO

#3 Dec 1, 2008
Hopefully this isn't just a flash in the pan game for Clayton. After all, it is the Bengals. Let's see him step against teams like the Skins and Steelers.

I'll take nothing away from his tremendous game yesterday though. We've been waiting for that Mark Clayton for 3 years now.
DeAnde Henson

Darlington, MD

#4 Dec 1, 2008
i think mark clayton is be one of the great recievers of this year hands down & if it wasn't for flacco we wouldn't be ravens
steveg

Ridgely, MD

#6 Dec 1, 2008
It was great to see Clayton making big contributions. Part of the reason he's been slow starting this year may just be he was coming off a poor season last year and had to gain confidence in himself and also had to build a rapport with Flacco and Cameron. Same thing with Heap. Our man Flacco looks better all the time, and with a full complement of possible receivers (including Wilcox, Rice and Neal) he is going to become a handful for opposing defenses. YES!
Cut_Clayton_Now

San Antonio, TX

#7 Dec 1, 2008
Fire Trembley wrote:
Clayton is garbage. Anyone hopping on the Clayton Bandwagon right now is a complete moron. This guy has underachieved terribly during his career. With any luck he'll be riding the pine or playing somewhere else next year.
I really hope this guy can at least be a number 3 on the team but wont get excited over him beating Hall all day on man coverage. The Bungles strategy was to send everyone and leave the CB's on an island all day. The next 3 opponents wont do this and Clayon will have to work for catches-good luck hope he makes it.
kevin

Hyattsville, MD

#8 Dec 1, 2008
Mark Clayton just needed a capable QB to throw him a catchable ball. A lot of people around here quickly forgot that Mark had a solid season in '06 when McNair took over, but he struggled in'07 due to personal issues, injuries and the sad fact that the QB position was in complete shambles.

I hope these last couple of games for Clayton isn't an aberation but a sign of more good things to come from him.

Since: Sep 08

Baltimore

#10 Dec 1, 2008
kevin wrote:
Mark Clayton just needed a capable QB to throw him a catchable ball. A lot of people around here quickly forgot that Mark had a solid season in '06 when McNair took over, but he struggled in'07 due to personal issues, injuries and the sad fact that the QB position was in complete shambles.
I hope these last couple of games for Clayton isn't an aberation but a sign of more good things to come from him.
Thank you...I'm glad someone looks at the stats.
eddie

Pasadena, MD

#11 Dec 1, 2008
do you think that clayton coming along is a statement to how bad boller actually was.....have we been sitting on this playmaker for a couple years and just didn't have the guy that could get him the ball?
Ranten

Washington, DC

#12 Dec 1, 2008
eddie wrote:
do you think that clayton coming along is a statement to how bad boller actually was.....have we been sitting on this playmaker for a couple years and just didn't have the guy that could get him the ball?
I'd say yes and no. Clayton obviously has skills, but the NFL is a lot physically tougher and faster than college, and I think it's been a challenge for him due to his size and personality.

Maybe this performance, coupled with Flacco's arm, will give him the confidence to continue at this level of play.
GPT

Baltimore, MD

#13 Dec 1, 2008
Cut_Clayton_Now wrote:
<quoted text> I really hope this guy can at least be a number 3 on the team but wont get excited over him beating Hall all day on man coverage. The Bungles strategy was to send everyone and leave the CB's on an island all day. The next 3 opponents wont do this and Clayon will have to work for catches-good luck hope he makes it.
True he will be up against better coverage. The one thing this game may help with is that teams cannot afford to lose track of him. If he has another couple like this,it will also help Mason. I have been surprised all year that teams did not just double up on Mason and make the other Ravens receivers beat them. Up until this point I am not sure they would have.

Hopefully this is the start of something, but one game does not a career make. Mark has to go out and do this a few more times before I am willing to say that he has arrived.

Having Flacco and the new coaching staff helps the whole offense. These guys like to mix it up. They throw when they should run, and vs versa. They pull out some trick plays from time to time. It is good to keep defenses guessing.

GO RAVENS!!! Lets see how far we can ride the wave.
jon dey

Canada

#14 Dec 1, 2008
Hey Tembley, what's with the "us" and "we". You finally coming over and realizing how stupid your "4-12" prediction has become. Go away traitor, "WE" don't need you.

“Animals are tasty!”

Since: Oct 08

Avon, CO

#15 Dec 1, 2008
It brings a tear to my eyes to see our franchise quaterback MR JOE FLACCO Standing in there with free rusher sprinting straight at him and gunsling the ball to a single coverded Clayton and seem him also beat his man!!!!!!!!! In fact I can not believe that we have a fearsome passing attack to go with the run game and stifiling suffocating DEFENSE!!!!!!
Maestro

Hyattsville, MD

#17 Dec 1, 2008
Cut_Clayton_Now wrote:
<quoted text> I really hope this guy can at least be a number 3 on the team but wont get excited over him beating Hall all day on man coverage. The Bungles strategy was to send everyone and leave the CB's on an island all day. The next 3 opponents wont do this and Clayon will have to work for catches-good luck hope he makes it.
Thanks for mannin' up !! I thought about you when he made those plays .. "I guess we won't hear from Cut Clayton Now" .. Too bad those other posters (you know who you are) don't have the cahonas !!
bhster

Baltimore, MD

#18 Dec 1, 2008
Fire Trembley wrote:
Clayton is garbage. Anyone hopping on the Clayton Bandwagon right now is a complete moron. This guy has underachieved terribly during his career. With any luck he'll be riding the pine or playing somewhere else next year.
Fire Trembley, you are so predictable with your anti-Raven comments. Are you related to Mike Preston? This year must be killing you now. And although the Terps lost Sat night, it was by no means the "blowout" you predicted. You need to blow it all out your a$$.

Since: Jul 08

Baltimore, MD

#19 Dec 1, 2008
Solid win, they took it to a team they were supposed to beat easily and did so in convincing fashion. I for one was happy to see McGahee on the sideline, the guy just doesn't seem healthy. McClain though, you gotta take care of the ball, especially if you're going to get a lot more carries. GO RAVEN!!!
matt

Towson, MD

#20 Dec 1, 2008
Fire Trembley wrote:
shut up, no ones listening to you
Ban_Killler_Vick _For_Life

Holland, MI

#21 Dec 1, 2008
Maestro wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for mannin' up !! I thought about you when he made those plays .. "I guess we won't hear from Cut Clayton Now" .. Too bad those other posters (you know who you are) don't have the cahonas !!
Hey I want to see the guy make it more than anyone but he has Travis Taylor syndrome written all over him. If he hits 100 yards the rest of the season in a meaningful game I will be shocked and thrilled.
jeffro

Edenton, NC

#22 Dec 1, 2008
Did Todd (the glass man) Heap catch a pass. He is probably injured today. He needs to wear bubble wrap.
Mongo

Bowling Green, VA

#23 Dec 1, 2008
Fire Trembley wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully we land TJ Housh... next year. The tandem of Mason and TJ would be nasty. I'd also like to see us land a quick slot receiver. That combined with a 1st round pick spent on an O-lineman should make a huge upgrade on offense. Hopefully fat Willie Anderson can show up at camp in shape and provide some value next year.
Ravens should take a CB in the first round or a big-play WR (best available). O-Line will be fine. Can get a decent RT prospect in the later rounds, along with a more robust TE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leon Hall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News After interest from Bengals, Michael Huff worki... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Cowboyfan 2
News Patriots at Bengals: Live stream, start time, T... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Terenw33 1
News Houston beats Bengals 19-13 in wild-card playoff (Jan '13) Jan '13 Clem 2
News Cincinnati Bengals 2012 Draft Preview (Apr '12) Apr '12 steve-o 1
News 5 Reasons the Cincinnati Bengals Will Upset the... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Teamfarts 6
News Bengals Adam Jones out for the season (Oct '10) Oct '10 triple6vamp 1
News Cornerback Pacman Jones works out for Bengals a... (May '10) May '10 docb 1
More from around the web