Ravens to meet with Flacco rep

Full story: Baltimore Sun

The Ravens will meet with the agent for first-round quarterback Joe Flacco over the next two days as the sides try to reach a deal before training camp begins July 22.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Jacob

Holtsville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

Mr. Flacco,

Keep in mind these situations if you're deciding to hold out:

Drew Brees-Philip Rivers. Rivers had to wait two years to get his shot b/c he held out most of training camp.

Derek Anderson-Brady Quinn. Who knows when Quinn will get his shot, but as bad as Anderson and Charlie Frye looked in last year's preseason, it's a safe bet that Quinn probably could have been last year's starter instead of sitting on the bench for who knows how long.

Just keep those scenarios in mind if you decide that you want an extra 500k when you'll most likely get a 10 million dollar signing bonus. 500k is a lot money, but if you're already getting 10 million guaranteed, you may want to consider just heading into camp. That way, you most likely will get to your second contract much earlier.

then again, 500k is a lot of money
Tom

Rehoboth Beach, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

After coming from a D1AA school, this guy should sign for way less than slot. He was a 2nd round pick at best.
Rob

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

Unless He has Titanium Knees to support that tall frame.... He's one awkward hit away from being a a huge waste of money.... if they're not carefull.....Taller guy = Bigger target/ more Vulnerability.....Leftwich or Rothlisberger?
bbl

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

You haven't done anything yet Joe. Don't be greedy.

“GO RAVENS!”

Since: Nov 07

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

I don't see Joe holding out of training camp for more money

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Leon Hall Discussions

Search the Leon Hall Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
After interest from Bengals, Michael Huff worki... Nov '13 Cowboyfan 2
Patriots at Bengals: Live stream, start time, T... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Terenw33 1
Houston beats Bengals 19-13 in wild-card playoff (Jan '13) Jan '13 Clem 2
Cincinnati Bengals 2012 Draft Preview (Apr '12) Apr '12 steve-o 1
5 Reasons the Cincinnati Bengals Will Upset the... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Teamfarts 6
Bengals Adam Jones out for the season (Oct '10) Oct '10 triple6vamp 1
Cornerback Pacman Jones works out for Bengals a... (May '10) May '10 docb 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••