Team's back(s) to square one

Team's back(s) to square one

There are 22 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Nov 28, 2007, titled Team's back(s) to square one. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

It's almost as if Ricky Williams never came back. In the span of two weeks, Williams has gone from the center ring of another media circus to the crowded injured reserve list, where he joins 10 other Dolphins ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Wasilla Moose Chick for Sale”

Since: Aug 07

Definitely Not Wasilla

#1 Nov 28, 2007
Starting when this rookie coach made it plain and simple that he could not work his offense unless he scorched heaven and earth unless he had his friend Trent Green as a QB, and the son of his friend Ted Ginn as a wide receiver and the handling of the fiascos at QB... the players just lower their head and they quit and as they do in other occassions with other coaches who lose the respect of players.

It is at that time that little injuries become bigger and bigger and any injury is an excuse not to go after it and play and then you have wide receivers dropping balls and not going across the middle to snatch balls before they get hit. Did someone said "SNATCH" ... THERE IS A WORD FOR THIS WHOLE SEASON AND MANAGERS OF THE DEBACLE... they ought to hide in a snatch
ted

Saint Petersburg, FL

#2 Nov 28, 2007
Fair Hooker wrote:
Starting when this rookie coach made it plain and simple that he could not work his offense unless he scorched heaven and earth unless he had his friend Trent Green as a QB, and the son of his friend Ted Ginn as a wide receiver and the handling of the fiascos at QB... the players just lower their head and they quit and as they do in other occassions with other coaches who lose the respect of players.
It is at that time that little injuries become bigger and bigger and any injury is an excuse not to go after it and play and then you have wide receivers dropping balls and not going across the middle to snatch balls before they get hit. Did someone said "SNATCH" ... THERE IS A WORD FOR THIS WHOLE SEASON AND MANAGERS OF THE DEBACLE... they ought to hide in a snatch
you're dumb.
Gary

United States

#3 Nov 28, 2007
In a 0 for year to date and all the injuries Miami is finding out about the rookies, and that is a good thing. Now is the time to see what L Booker can do. Although I like Cameron because he has done what this team has needed for a long time, reguarding a rebuild. I am at times stumped by his game management and reluctance to play the rookies when the veterans are not playing well.
joan from spring hill

Port Richey, FL

#4 Nov 28, 2007
Play Booker.. We drafted him in the 3rd round for What!! to look pretty. See what he has. we need a win now against those nasty jets.
joan from spring hill

Port Richey, FL

#5 Nov 28, 2007
hey Ted, there are some of us up here who are fans.. Great!!!
Joe

Bethpage, NY

#7 Nov 29, 2007
Yep, I just get my headache when I think about Maurice Jones Drew in Jacksonville and Leon Washington in NY. How can we not play L. Booker???? So what if they are afraid he won't be able to pick up the blitz on 3rd down!!!!!! He has to stick his lean 191 pounds in there and get hit! Travis Minor did that, ya, he weighed a bit more, but he never shunned from a block. If he gets hit, he get's hit. Slip him on a screen and watch him score. I like Cam Camerson alot, hell, we had a terrible offense for so long, it's coming together big time when the weather is good, but if they don't use L. Booker, then trade him for crying out loud. Also, I think they should draft Chris Long from VA. That guy is unbelievable, he split's triple teams, he is alot better than Dorsey from LSU, who is looking like he is injury prone. Then with Long, we can have Jason play more linebacker like last year when he was dominating. Rod Wright is improving too. We definitely need someone to back up Holliday, and replace Traylor. After Holliday came back, did you notice our run D came to life? It would be foolish not to get Chris Long. I also think we should trade Matt Roth for a lower pick, a WR, CB or some better safety than Worrell. Jason Allen is coming into his own, but against NE, we need to restock on CBs and Safeties to be able to match them next year.
GoDolpins

Reading, PA

#8 Nov 29, 2007
Cam’s actions so far speak volumes about Lorenzo Booker. A lot of people on this site spoke very highly of him and made me optimistic, but apparently something is missing. I can understand Ronnie starting in front of him. I can even understand running Ricky before him. What I can’t understand is not getting him involved at all, and although Chatman is ok, he is not setting the world on fire. Hell they even give Cobbs a shot and then bring in Gado before Lorenzo has even seen the field. Something is very wrong here.
joseph

Cornelia, GA

#9 Nov 29, 2007
Play Booker!!!
Dave the Wave

Cape Coral, FL

#10 Nov 29, 2007
Put Booker in there. It's not like the games mean anything now so let's see how well our draft picks play.

Plus after he gets his 191 pound body knocked around he will be more serious in his conditioning during the offseason.

0 - 16 woo hoo! Bad to the Bone heh heh
Einstein

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#11 Nov 29, 2007
Fair Hooker wrote:
nah, he ain't dumb, he just stoopid

R&R and Chat are all big and low to the ground types of running backs. Cobbs isn't in that class and Booker by far not. The OL gets it done for that style of runner. Let's hope Gado can fill in and Chat gets back to form soon.

While I have developed a special disliking for the New Jersey Jets, I would really like to see cleat marks on the Prats. These guys are professional buttrims.
dont know how

Hollywood, FL

#12 Nov 29, 2007
you would think that cam cam would have given his backup runningbacks more practice,and get them ready to play,instead of depending on ricky-cam cam knows only how to lose--with all thier great players,sandiego never won the big one--Im sure he will find a way to lose to the jets-hey wayne ,know you have seen him work 11 days-
ezfish21

AOL

#13 Nov 29, 2007
who cares...really. Booker wont be on the team next year after we draft McFadden.
ZIP IT

Miami, FL

#14 Nov 29, 2007
GO TED!!!!
Wayne Haters

Boca Raton, FL

#15 Nov 29, 2007
What you mean square one. The stinky fish want to go international right? The also need to make the playoffs right? I have a solution. Join a league in another country where every team makes the playoffs. www.CFL.ca

If you are a true fan and want your favorite team to play all their home games where they usually do than go here www.NoGlobalNFL.com .
DUBNET

Greenwich, CT

#16 Nov 29, 2007
Come on !!! Oh now it's Ricky's fault he got hurt ???? Come on, would you talking heads get a clue !!!
redhook pete

United States

#17 Nov 29, 2007
It doesn't matter who runs any more. The
only question for the rest of the season concerns
Beck. Is he the qb. And if we don't know this
in the next 3 games, then fire Cam and Randy
cause they really are useless. We must have
an answer for the draft; stars are shining with
that first pick! If they screw up this one, we'll
be feeling it for the next ten years! Cam is
starting to get the 'deer in the headlights' look.
Very scary!!
dreamer

Port Orange, FL

#18 Nov 29, 2007
ezfish21 wrote:
who cares...really. Booker wont be on the team next year after we draft McFadden.
He's not on th team this year either
GURU

Salem, NH

#21 Nov 29, 2007
So, who do you think the Dolphins will draft? It is early, but what the heck. The Fins are cursed this season; might as well focus on the future. I can't believe the injuries. A HEX or what? It is mind boggling. Maybe the conditions coach needs to go. Are we at the top of the league with injuries? Wouldn't that be something, at the top for losses and at the top for injuries. WOW!!! How much suckier can it get?
06Dakota

Shalimar, FL

#22 Nov 29, 2007
Play Gado... remember when he played for the GB Packers 2 years ago? He holds rookie rushing records for GB after only playing a couple of games. He can score too...
double J

Oneida, TN

#23 Nov 29, 2007
while we are talking about letting rookies play, why isn't anyone wanting to see some other recievr's playing besides M.Booker and whats his name 3rd round pick from last year or was it year before last. Start Ginn as they have been and try a Reed or whoever else we have. Not booker and hagen. Booker is finished and Hagin simply cannot hold on to the ball. He cannot catch! Go Dolphins and beat the jets Sunday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lawrence Timmons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Panthers vs. Steelers - Matchups To Watch (Sep '14) Sep '14 Poo Panther News 2
News Pittsburgh Steelers Mock Draft: Full 7-Round Pr... (Dec '12) Jan '13 wondering 2
News NFL Rumors: Pittsburgh Steelers parting ways wi... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Greg 1
News Tomlin-Era Drafts Have Stunted Steelers' Growth (Dec '12) Dec '12 justa 2
News Roethlisberger hopes to return this Sunday (Nov '12) Dec '12 clueless 7
News Statement wins a thing of the past (Nov '11) Nov '11 Jobsfarts 2
News Steelers' Roethlisberger OK, Harrison need surgery (Oct '11) Oct '11 Loaffarts 10
More from around the web