Steelers coach picks up first preseas...

Steelers coach picks up first preseason win in Hall of Fame game

There are 170 comments on the KUSA Denver story from Aug 5, 2007, titled Steelers coach picks up first preseason win in Hall of Fame game. In it, KUSA Denver reports that:

Mike Tomlin got to meet "Prime Time" in prime time. Other than that, he claimed, there was nothing abnormal for the new coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers about a 20-7 win over the New Orleans Saints in his debut ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KUSA Denver.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Stacked

Madison, WI

#1 Aug 6, 2007
Go Tomlin!
KellyGirl

Bordentown, NJ

#2 Aug 6, 2007
Yeah Steelers!!!
will from j-ville

Saint Augustine, FL

#3 Aug 6, 2007
way to go tomlin keep up the hard work steelers.
will from j-ville

Saint Augustine, FL

#4 Aug 6, 2007
i was not able to see the game how did we look good i hope
Steagle

Erie, PA

#5 Aug 6, 2007
One preseason victory does not land him a spot in Canton.

I'm happy for a win, but let's see how the first couple of games, if not the entire first season, play out.
IRON CITY

Denver, CO

#6 Aug 6, 2007
Remember the AFC Championship, then the one for the thumb!!!! It's ON now. Let's have a rematch in the AFC, but this time in da burgh. Too bad we can't meet in the Super Bowl, Jay. I already have 100k on the Steelers never losing a game for the next 19 years!! Preseason is bad, but even preseason is better than playoffs in most beat sports.

“Who likes shots & has 2 thumbs”

Since: Jul 07

BOULDER

#7 Aug 6, 2007
Hey Iron City you go to Steeler bars here in CO?

“Bernard Pollard fanclub member”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#8 Aug 6, 2007
Steagle wrote:
I'm happy for a win, but let's see how the first couple of games, if not the entire first season, play out.
You are getting way ahead of yourself man. I didn't see anyone mention that Tomlin deserves a spot in the HOF?

Location hidden

#9 Aug 6, 2007
Steagle wrote:
You are getting way ahead of yourself... Who mentioned Tomlin landing himself in the HOF????

I think they looked great. You gotta believe!
KellyGirl

Bordentown, NJ

#10 Aug 6, 2007
Stacked wrote:
Hey Iron City you go to Steeler bars here in CO?
Where are there Steeler's bars?
SteelersWoman

United States

#11 Aug 6, 2007
I saw a team that came out with a lot of enthusiasm, and they were raring to go. There were a LOT of mistakes, but that's all part of what's pre-season's about--getting all the kinks worked out.

Our team was just more prepared than the Saints team, and it DID feel good to get a win--even if it was a meaningless one lol But even if we'd lost, I was just thrilled to see our guys back on the field!

BOULDER

#12 Aug 6, 2007
KellyGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are there Steeler's bars?
Are in CO? there are two I know of in Denver, same with westminster, one I know in Fort Collins... We have a CO fan website. I lost all my contacts but should get back with them soon as they still have me on the list..

Is this Kelly Jean?
Steagle

Erie, PA

#13 Aug 7, 2007
Fast Willie wrote:
<quoted text>
You are getting way ahead of yourself... Who mentioned Tomlin landing himself in the HOF????
I think they looked great. You gotta believe!
I was watching a television program that made heavy comparisons between Noll, Cowher, and Tomlin. They seemed ready to induct him tomorrow. I just found it ridiculous.

However, they did look excellent. I've got December 9th marked on the calendar. It should be a good win.

Location hidden

#14 Aug 7, 2007
I was watching that as well and they are getting way ahead of themselves. Tomlin has coached for one game. He has big shoes to fill but not as big of shoes as Cowher had to fill.... All in all, I think the Rooneys make good choices in coaching staff.
KellyGirl

Bordentown, NJ

#15 Aug 7, 2007
Stacked wrote:
<quoted text>
Are in CO? there are two I know of in Denver, same with westminster, one I know in Fort Collins... We have a CO fan website. I lost all my contacts but should get back with them soon as they still have me on the list..
Is this Kelly Jean?
Yes, I'm in Denver. Not Kelly Jean though. I'd really love to get with some Steelers fans. Husband is a Broncos fan.
Steelers Suck

Denver, CO

#16 Aug 7, 2007
Wow, you are all drinking the Kool aid early this year. The steelers won't even make the playoffs. Steelers fans are lousy, and I have been to Pittsburgh, and it is a dump. Pittsburgh is the armpit of Appalachia, and the people there are so dumb they use words like "youins". The women are so ugly...... God, adjectives and metaphors fail me.

BOULDER

#17 Aug 7, 2007
KellyGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I'm in Denver. Not Kelly Jean though. I'd really love to get with some Steelers fans. Husband is a Broncos fan.
We should go! Stay banned together! Maybe first game of the regular season?!?!?

BOULDER

#18 Aug 7, 2007
Steelers Suck wrote:
Wow, you are all drinking the Kool aid early this year. The steelers won't even make the playoffs. Steelers fans are lousy, and I have been to Pittsburgh, and it is a dump. Pittsburgh is the armpit of Appalachia, and the people there are so dumb they use words like "youins". The women are so ugly...... God, adjectives and metaphors fail me.
You crack me up! So, lets see Denver is not the armpit nor are there ugly women so that means your team is good? Your a bloody moron.
Its yins or yuns, not youins. Its called an accent. Also, I am a really lovely young lady and I hail from the 'burgh. I could have just as easily been born here and I would have looked the same too.
Steelers fans are the best, we are typically second in all merchandise sales next to the Packers, in 1996 we sold out everywhere we went and were named the best fans, when they tore down three rivers we did not hold silly auctions for stadium seats...hell no we just took them!
ok, I have to go add my picture to my profile now....
=)
GHT

Portland, OR

#19 Aug 7, 2007
Wow, one preseason win and the Steelers have annointed themselves as AFC champions. Isn't Ben due for another mishap? Car accident, rock climbing fall, failed parachute incident? LMAO The guy is a walking nightmare.
GHT

Portland, OR

#20 Aug 7, 2007
Stacked wrote:
<quoted text>
You crack me up! So, lets see Denver is not the armpit nor are there ugly women so that means your team is good? Your a bloody moron.
Its yins or yuns, not youins. Its called an accent. Also, I am a really lovely young lady and I hail from the 'burgh. I could have just as easily been born here and I would have looked the same too.
Steelers fans are the best, we are typically second in all merchandise sales next to the Packers, in 1996 we sold out everywhere we went and were named the best fans, when they tore down three rivers we did not hold silly auctions for stadium seats...hell no we just took them!
ok, I have to go add my picture to my profile now....
=)
Sorry, it's not an accent. An accent is how various regions say a particular word. Take for instance the word "dollar". Pissburgers says it like "Dole-ar". whereas normal society says "dollar". That's an accent. We can understand you. Conversely, no one outside of the "burg" says anything close to yuns and yuins. Those are dirivitives of at least 2 words. Maybe more?. Basically, you'vre created your own verbiage that really only a small region could posibly understand. It's not an accent, it's word usage. Got it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Larry Foote Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News On the Steelers: Offseason weights await rookie... (Jan '14) Jan '14 slickwillie 1
News Tomlin: Steelers were 'explosive play or two' a... (Sep '13) Sep '13 go stillers 6
News Cleveland Browns hope Pittsburgh Steelers rooki... (Aug '13) Aug '13 losthere 2
News 12 Players Who Could Be in Play for Pittsburgh ... (Mar '13) Apr '13 deaner_pa 2
News Pittsburgh Steelers Mock Draft: Full 7-Round Pr... (Dec '12) Jan '13 wondering 2
News Mike Tomlin, Recidivist Late-Game Decision Maki... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Jpsteeler 1
News Juicy matchup in Steel City (Oct '11) Oct '11 Matchfarts 2
More from around the web