Would Albert Haynesworth Be Worth the Risk to Oakland?

Jun 25, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NFL GridIron Gab

Rumors abound about if and where Albert Haynesworth will traded. A Among the teams, the Oakland Raiders of course, because they have to included in every trade about a malcontent or problem child, right? A So is he worth it? *While the specific effect on the Redskins was minimal , his previous team, the Titans, saw a huge dip in their passing D. A ...

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Jun 29, 2010

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2010

Judged:

Now that we have John Henderson, my answer is no to Albert Haynesworth. He's not a Tom Cable type player despite the fact that he's a mamouth on defense and would help us out a lot. The fact remains that he's a head case like Warren Sapp, Randy Moss, Deangelo Hall, Jerry Porter, and Jamarcus Russell just to name a few. Henderson brings good veteran leadership and is a good run stuffer that we need.

“Just Win Baby!”

Since: Sep 09

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2010

I am a little torn. Although I agree with everything you said. I also think in some ways Haynesworth was lied to and don't blame him for putting up a fight. Even the owner told him before he signed he would be in the style Defense he plays best in...so when that changed, the Redskins should have given him the opportunity to find work elsewhere(without throwing him under the bus)....Kind of a low end move by Snyder. People say look how much he is getting paid, he should just just play...I disagree with that. Because in doing so could be detrimental to his career moving forward. If he doesn't play well in the 3-4 than his value goes down. Haynesworth reminds me of the players that played for the Raiders in the 70's and 80's tough, nasty and a bad bay....I know we are getting away from that but Nastiness wouldn't hurt us!
TexasRaider wrote:
Now that we have John Henderson, my answer is no to Albert Haynesworth. He's not a Tom Cable type player despite the fact that he's a mamouth on defense and would help us out a lot. The fact remains that he's a head case like Warren Sapp, Randy Moss, Deangelo Hall, Jerry Porter, and Jamarcus Russell just to name a few. Henderson brings good veteran leadership and is a good run stuffer that we need.

Since: Feb 08

Mechanicsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2010

Judged:

Albert is perfect for the Raiders. If there is one team Albert could suvive with it would be the Raiders hands down. Haynesworth needs Al's more relaxed environment.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2010

Raider_Faith wrote:
I am a little torn. Although I agree with everything you said. I also think in some ways Haynesworth was lied to and don't blame him for putting up a fight. Even the owner told him before he signed he would be in the style Defense he plays best in...so when that changed, the Redskins should have given him the opportunity to find work elsewhere(without throwing him under the bus)....Kind of a low end move by Snyder. People say look how much he is getting paid, he should just just play...I disagree with that. Because in doing so could be detrimental to his career moving forward. If he doesn't play well in the 3-4 than his value goes down. Haynesworth reminds me of the players that played for the Raiders in the 70's and 80's tough, nasty and a bad bay....I know we are getting away from that but Nastiness wouldn't hurt us!<quoted text>
That is a good point...The fact that he was lied too. If he was told that he would be in a 4-3 and Snyder brings in a new coach that wants to go 3-4 then Haynesworth was let down. If he doesn't like the 3-4 then he should've been allowed to seek a trade. Maybe the coaching staff there will find their defense more effective as a 4-3 as Rob Ryan did with us thanks to Warren Sapp's case like this.
ALZADOISGOD

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2010

I have to say no on Haynesworth , the team doesn`t really need him , and he brings too much baggage to a young team that needs to mature and bond as a unit .

“Now trade Green n were good.”

Since: Jun 10

Newark

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2010

Fat albert is the last thing we need in oakland, ive read everything yal said n the bottom line is no we dont need him, we dont need his additude, we dont need his contract we dont need his poor sportsmanship;( I remember a game against the cowboyz were fat albert gave Andre Gurode C of the cowboyz a facial wit his steal cleats on a play where Gurode found himself defenseless on his back without a helmet) Now im all for excessive blocking, n closeline tackles but c'mon if I was Gurode, Fat al would of been leaving the field on a cart instead of being accompanied by security, paramedics.

Like Texas Raider said Big John Henderson brings leadership. Hes the talented big body we never had wit terdel "alwayz stuck in the" sands.

RAIDERS in 2010

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••