Raiders sign fifth-round CB Walter McFadden

Full story: KWCH

The Oakland Raiders have signed rookie cornerback Walter McFadden to a contract.
Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Jul 17, 2010

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

this guy walter mcfadden must be doing pretty good in practice to get signed! better than our other mcfadden? funny you hear how other players are comming along and doing well compared to last year but not much from (rb) mcfadden. on the other hand johnson better work harder cause w mcfadden got signed and could pair up with namdi instead. johnson is decently good but looked bad at times. just keep looking for w mcfadden.
RAIDERS 2010!!!!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

I sure hope this McFadden succeeds. We enter camp thin at the corner position again...Nnamdi Asomugha and Chris Johnson are pretty much locks to start and Stanford Routt is the nickel for now. It seems like there will only be 4 corners that make the team and Walter McFadden is my favorite to win the 4th corner spot. Safety seems to have the thickest competition with Tyvonn Branch, Mike Mitchell, Michael Huff, and Hiram Eugene returning plus I like Jerome Boyd, who was on our practice squad last year as well as rookie Stevie Brown.

Some West Texas County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

TexasRaider wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =vqBuXMfjIHIXX&feature=rel ated
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
damn! w mcfadden looks more like a safety than a (cb)! hey, i forgot about all the safety's we have. every single one of is good! thick is right but somebody's gotta get cut.
RAIDERS 2010!!!
Freddy

Granger, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

TexasRaider wrote:
I sure hope this McFadden succeeds. We enter camp thin at the corner position again...Nnamdi Asomugha and Chris Johnson are pretty much locks to start and Stanford Routt is the nickel for now. It seems like there will only be 4 corners that make the team and Walter McFadden is my favorite to win the 4th corner spot. Safety seems to have the thickest competition with Tyvonn Branch, Mike Mitchell, Michael Huff, and Hiram Eugene returning plus I like Jerome Boyd, who was on our practice squad last year as well as rookie Stevie Brown.
I am not sure if Johnson is lock to start. He gave up some big plays. I don't think McFadden will challenge for the starting position until next season, but there are a couple of other guys on the roster than can start.

Some West Texas County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

Freddy wrote:
<quoted text>I am not sure if Johnson is lock to start. He gave up some big plays. I don't think McFadden will challenge for the starting position until next season, but there are a couple of other guys on the roster than can start.
I've heard that they might try Michael Huff at corner since we're pretty thick at safety. I kind of like that idea as long as it pans out. I also heard that Al Davis wanted to draft that corner that Cleveland took ahead of us...I think his name was Joe Hayden. I really think they should try Huff and corner and start Branch and Mitchell at the safeties.
Freddy

Granger, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

They may try Huff, but I am not so sure that the Raiders have quality past four safties(Huff, Eugene, Branch and Mitchell). It seem Joey Thomas made an impression at OTA's.

Some West Texas County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2010

Freddy wrote:
They may try Huff, but I am not so sure that the Raiders have quality past four safties(Huff, Eugene, Branch and Mitchell). It seem Joey Thomas made an impression at OTA's.
Branch and Mitchell should be the starters hands down...Mitchell at SS and Branch at FS (I know Branch dominated at SS last year, but I think he has better capability to move to FS than Mitchell). Jerome Boyd seems like a good back up SS and I like the rookie Stevie Brown but Eugene is a legit backup FS, but we could do better. I really don't know that much about Joey Thomas, but if he can get the job done then I have no problem with him in a Raider uniform.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••