Titans hope this is the week Colts le...

Titans hope this is the week Colts let Sorgi work up a sweat

There are 31 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Dec 28, 2007, titled Titans hope this is the week Colts let Sorgi work up a sweat. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

A year ago, Jim Sorgi was the life of the pre-Super Bowl party. For three days of NFL-mandated media opportunities, Sorgi held court, providing insight, offering one-liners and generally enjoying himself.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Maxx

Pineville, LA

#1 Dec 29, 2007
It would be great if Sorgi were to beat the Titans. And I see no reason why he can't do it.
The look on the Titans faces would be worht it.

GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!
Delldude

Huntsville, AL

#2 Dec 29, 2007
Sorgi having a Payton Manning Game.

Beating the Titans (14 to 0)

PRICELESS!!
BDDFC

United States

#3 Dec 29, 2007
I would like to see how Sorgi performs with most of the starters still playing in a week when he's takin some reps in practice. If he can't get it done we should think about getting a better backup in place. If Peyton was to get dinged up
[I won't mention the "I" word] He should be able to effectively manage the game and give us a chance to win. It's only when you put a 3rd stringer in the game that we should talk about a Grand Canyon type of falloff. Pittsburgh has Charlie Batch and a few other teams have respctable backups why shouldn't we.
As far as Albert Haynesworth is concerned. He scares me because I think he uses dirty tactics and should be watched closely by the league.
Game Prediction
Sorgi does well throwing to Fletcher and other backups. Colts win it in a yawner with the Titans blowing it because Jeff Fischer burns all his timeouts losing challenges and our D steps up and dosen't give up a 60 Yarder wiith 00:02 on the clock
don

Francesville, IN

#4 Dec 29, 2007
Tsk, tsk, with what we've seen out of SORGI, we'll be fortunte to get a win. Not because Titans are better but because they're playing for their LIFE & the AFC south is the best in the NFL! But what if Peyton goes down? Honestly, we have no reliable backup. I'll never understand why we let Shaun King go & kept Sorgi? GO COLTS!
Gary

Cincinnati, OH

#5 Dec 29, 2007
You know, the Colts keep bringing backups into camp and keep cutting them while Jim Sorgi keeps winning the job! While we don't get to see him play much, there must be something to this guy! The Colts are very good at managing their personnel and I can't imagine that they would keep him if there wasn't!
Gary

Cincinnati, OH

#6 Dec 29, 2007
Given the fact that Marvin Harrison is going to play some, I think Peyton will play as long as Harrison is in there! They want to rekindle their connection and give Marvin work with the First Team, because that will be who he will play with in the playoffs! Just a thought!
Jim

Portage, PA

#7 Dec 29, 2007
Polian, et al, gave Sorgi a multi year contract extension this fall. To invest years of training and money shows Polian, Dungy and even Manning that Sorgi is a better backup than is available on the open market.
Based on the personnel track record of Polian and Dungy, Sorgi must be more than adequate. I certainly trust their judgment more than some of the contributors to this blog.
Pablo

Boynton Beach, FL

#8 Dec 29, 2007
I know alot of people are saying Dungy will sit the starters most of the game but a couple things give me pause in agreeing. Dungy said he'd like Wayne to get to 100 receptions (needs 8 more) and to 1,500 yds (needs 77 more). Also Marvin is playing and Dungy said Manning would be in there a little longer than originally thought to work on the timing.

One last point; wouldn't it be wiser for the Colts to take the troublesome Titans out of the playoff picture now BEFORE the bye week? Do you really want to to play a team 3 weeks later that beat you to get in the playoffs? The Titans would then have the momentum AND be inside the Colts heads. Say San Deigo falls once again in the first round of the playoffs; would you rather face the Browns or the Titans in the Divisional round? Knock the Titans out NOW, I say.
Sherry

Hermitage, TN

#9 Dec 29, 2007
Gotta admit, I'm a bit torn about the game. I was born and raised in Indy, but left before the Colts arrived. Lived in Nashville since 1987 and am a HUGE Titans fan, but Mr. Manning is still considered a god around here due to his success at UT. You'd be amazed how many fans here root for the Titans unless they're playing the Colts. It would be so much easier if we weren't in the same division! Guess I gotta root for my Titans, but if the Colts do win, I'll certainly be pulling for them the rest of the way ... PLEASE knocked off the dreaded Patriots!! LOL!!!
greenville fan

Greenville, NC

#10 Dec 29, 2007
Awright,the 1st season is done with,and its now time for the all important playoff season-let me state here that based upon recent AFC history,the Pats will not make it to the Super Bowl.The two number 1 seeds in both conferences have not met in the SB since '93.The Afc in recent years has been the worst for #1 seeds advancing.If memory serves me correctly, the #1 seed has not advanced to the SB since around 2002.Needless to say, the AFC can be very competitive,and to change the subject somewhat,wouldn't it be great if the Colts could somehow get the rights to Matt Ryan from BC?The young qb could mentor under Manning for several seasons, and be prepared when Peyton decides to hang 'em up,ala the Aaron Rodgers/Bret Favre thing in GB.Ryan to me,looks like the next big record setting QB to enter the pros from college.Well,here's hoping for the best-GO COLTS!!!!
titans hate TN

AOL

#11 Dec 29, 2007
Sherry wrote:
Gotta admit, I'm a bit torn about the game. I was born and raised in Indy, but left before the Colts arrived. Lived in Nashville since 1987 and am a HUGE Titans fan, but Mr. Manning is still considered a god around here due to his success at UT. You'd be amazed how many fans here root for the Titans unless they're playing the Colts. It would be so much easier if we weren't in the same division! Guess I gotta root for my Titans, but if the Colts do win, I'll certainly be pulling for them the rest of the way ... PLEASE knocked off the dreaded Patriots!! LOL!!!
i'm live in nashville too ..but hate the Titans ..they are trash talk, play dirty, and don't have the QB,( pick wrong guy)
Our Time

Williamstown, VT

#12 Dec 29, 2007
Pablo wrote:
One last point; wouldn't it be wiser for the Colts to take the troublesome Titans out of the playoff picture now BEFORE the bye week? Do you really want to to play a team 3 weeks later that beat you to get in the playoffs? The Titans would then have the momentum AND be inside the Colts heads. Say San Deigo falls once again in the first round of the playoffs; would you rather face the Browns or the Titans in the Divisional round? Knock the Titans out NOW, I say.
The only way the Colts could see the Titans in the playoffs is if they were to beat the #3 seed (currently SD) in the wild card round, and then beat the #1 seed in the divisional round. Assuming Indy wins its divisional round game, I'm sure most Colts fans would be pleased to host the Titans in the AFC Championship game.
Our Time

Williamstown, VT

#13 Dec 29, 2007
greenville fan wrote:
Awright,the 1st season is done with,and its now time for the all important playoff season-let me state here that based upon recent AFC history,the Pats will not make it to the Super Bowl.The two number 1 seeds in both conferences have not met in the SB since '93.The Afc in recent years has been the worst for #1 seeds advancing.If memory serves me correctly, the #1 seed has not advanced to the SB since around 2002.Needless to say, the AFC can be very competitive,
While it may be true in general that AFC #1 seeds haven't done well over the past 15 years or so, that team in Boston did have the #1 seed in 2004, with a 14-2 record, and went on to win a second consecutive title that year and [ugh] their 3rd in 4 years.

In 1998 the Broncos had a 14-2 record and with the #1 seed went on to win their second consecutive title.

Although the Colts cannot have the #1 seed, it would be great if, as defending Super Bowl Champions, they were to finish 14-2 this year. That would bode well for their chances to repeat.
Colts fan in Greencastle

Greencastle, IN

#14 Dec 29, 2007
I don't think Sorgi is that bad. It's just that by the time Dungy puts him in, we are also playing second and thrid stringers. That makes it hard on Sorgi --- it would make it hard on Peyton, too. Give Sorgi a break.
JUSTIN W

Panama City Beach, FL

#15 Dec 29, 2007
AS A FAN OF THE COLTS I HAVE HEARD IN THE PAST THAT THE ONLY REASON THE COLTS HAVE SUCH A GOOD RECORD IS THAT THEY PLAY IN A WEAK CONFERENCE BUT IF THE TITANS WIN THIS WEEK THEN THE AFC SOUTH WOULD HAVE THREE TEAMS IN THE PLAYOFFS SO I GOTTA ASK WHO IS WEAK NOW. SO I ALMOST WANT THE TITANS TO WIN SO WE CAN PUT IT IN THE FACE OF ALL THE HATERS. ANOTHER THING I HAVE TO SAY IS SIT ALL THE STARTERS PLZ TONY WE DON'T NEED ANY MORE INJURIES GO COLTS

JBM

“Look past the end of your nose”

Since: Nov 07

Indianapolis

#16 Dec 29, 2007
BDDFC wrote:
I would like to see how Sorgi performs with most of the starters still playing in a week when he's takin some reps in practice. If he can't get it done we should think about getting a better backup in place. If Peyton was to get dinged up
[I won't mention the "I" word] He should be able to effectively manage the game and give us a chance to win. It's only when you put a 3rd stringer in the game that we should talk about a Grand Canyon type of falloff. Pittsburgh has Charlie Batch and a few other teams have respctable backups why shouldn't we.
As far as Albert Haynesworth is concerned. He scares me because I think he uses dirty tactics and should be watched closely by the league.
Game Prediction
Sorgi does well throwing to Fletcher and other backups. Colts win it in a yawner with the Titans blowing it because Jeff Fischer burns all his timeouts losing challenges and our D steps up and dosen't give up a 60 Yarder wiith 00:02 on the clock
Because a Charlie Batch type backup costs a lot of cap room, which we are quickly running out of.
sudacudawuda

Kendallville, IN

#17 Dec 29, 2007
Nothing to gain my ass!!! Play every game to win...play your best team...these guys are payed to play and the fans payed to see them play...they can rest next week...besides we saw two years ago how helpful 'rest' can be. I wish we didn't have a bye so we could keep on keepin on like last year!
Terry

United States

#18 Dec 29, 2007
Why would you not want to deny your conference foes a chance to gain experience in the playoffs? Keep them out, or you might regret it later down the road.
browns fan

United States

#19 Dec 30, 2007
go sorgi.
the NFL is fixed

Florence, KY

#20 Dec 30, 2007
Classless Colts will probably throw this game for their fellow AFC South mates.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kyle Vanden Bosch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Free agent DE Jason Babin visits Tennessee afte... (Mar '10) Aug '10 JASON D UKE T O 2
News Albert Haynesworth Not Happy with the Washingto... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Mike 1
News Free Agent DE Jason Babin Visits Tennessee Tita... (Mar '10) Mar '10 PHMB615 1
News Detroit Lions, Kyle Vanden Bosch reach deal (Mar '10) Mar '10 Tony 1
News Jeff Fisher thinks Titans can win with young ta... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Titans men 1
News Without a new deal, trouble is brewing for NFL (Jan '10) Jan '10 Gary 1
News NFL headed toward a season without a salary cap... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Thomas 1
More from around the web