Sports - Hey Dan! The Jaguars pick Le...

Sports - Hey Dan! The Jaguars pick Lefty for '07

There are 51 comments on the First Coast News Jacksonville story from Feb 22, 2007, titled Sports - Hey Dan! The Jaguars pick Lefty for '07. In it, First Coast News Jacksonville reports that:

Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Byron Leftwich passes as he is pressured by Tennessee Titans defenders Kyle Vanden Bosch and Albert Haynesworth in the third quarter of the Jaguars' 31-28 win on Sunday, Nov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at First Coast News Jacksonville.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Lindlee Gilbert

AOL

#41 Mar 21, 2007
This is what you're going to get as long as Colleges promote Sports over Brains. Just listen to one of them(And you know who I'm talking about)talk! Fact is, I'm Sick and Tired of having them "Heathens" forced on me and mine! STAND UP FOR OUR KIND! Put the Monkeys in there place!
kiki

Savannah, GA

#42 Mar 22, 2007
Lindlee Gilbert wrote:
This is what you're going to get as long as Colleges promote Sports over Brains. Just listen to one of them(And you know who I'm talking about)talk! Fact is, I'm Sick and Tired of having them "Heathens" forced on me and mine! STAND UP FOR OUR KIND! Put the Monkeys in there place!
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING? AND WHO ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
Rick

United States

#43 Mar 23, 2007
Sign David Carr and have a competion for starter
at training camp. Leftwich has never experienced
a Starting QB competion since he's been in the league,Carr hasn't either. If these guys had to compete to win the job, you'd get thier best and
between these 2 high 1st round picks you would think 1 of them would develop into a good NFL QB.
And they're are both still young.
me again

Fort Pierce, FL

#44 Jan 18, 2008
Steven wrote:
<quoted text>
You must not pay attention to much Jaguars football at all. I guess everyone forgot how we had trouble selling seats during the "glory years". I guess everyone has forgotten that a few home playoff games were in danger of being blacked out over the 98-99 season. I guess everyone forgot about the empty seats from 2000-2002 with a Mark Brunell led team.
I also forget how everything wrong is Leftwichs' fault. Some people just cease to amaze me with the crock of crap they spit out.
Was there any doubt?
me again

Fort Pierce, FL

#45 Jan 24, 2008
Steven wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, so moving on to Garrard is the "best option" since he did such a great job winning games down the stretch, oh wait a minute, that was a 3 game losing streak that kept us from the playoffs. Hmmmmm
Looks like you nailed it!
me again

Fort Pierce, FL

#46 Jan 29, 2008
Steven wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, so moving on to Garrard is the "best option" since he did such a great job winning games down the stretch, oh wait a minute, that was a 3 game losing streak that kept us from the playoffs. Hmmmmm
looks like it was.
Meanwhile Leftwich spent his last game of the year
looking up at J Harrington and chris Redmond on the dpth chart..You were so wromg.
me again

Fort Pierce, FL

#47 Jan 29, 2008
Steven wrote:
<quoted text>
Maayb your just to "stubborn" to admit that you are not techinicly inclined to understand the intricacies of what actually happens on the football field compared to what your saying.
Leftwich throws too hard? LOL Ummm, im pretty sure guys named Brett Favre and John Elway throw and threw A LOT harder than Byron does. Just for clarification before someone tries to misconstrue my words, I am not comparing Lefty to either of those QBs, for he is no where near the level they are. Just Elway and Favre, to name a couple QBs, throw a ton harder than Leftwich. That is a very bad excuse your coming up with.
He holds onto the ball too long? That's intresting, Garrard gets sacked more per pass play average than Leftwich does. So much for that mobility factor! LOL
You were so WRONG!
steven

Jacksonville, FL

#48 Jan 29, 2008
wow somebody must never be right about stuff to be thumping their chest over a post I made a year ago directly after a season ended in which we blew it because of the Garrard turnovers in 2006, I wasn't wrong about that.

As far as Garrard goes this seaosn, I was wrong, as I think a lot of people were, including ESPN and other news outlets who absolutely slammed Jack Del Rio back in August after he cut Leftwich. I don't think anyone in their right mind predicted Garrard becoming a top 5 QB in the NFL. Garrard is the biggest reason we enjoyed the success we did this season and it was a pleasant surprise. I have no problem admitting I was wrong about his progression that him allowed to excel to the top this season. It was very enjoyable to watch unfold, Garrard clearly learned from the mistakes he made in 2006 to become a better QB.

I do see that your ignorant self quoted the attendence issues I referenced over a year ago, blaming them on Leftwich. Well, how was I wrong? We had three blackouts this season and the other 4 of the 5 came down to the last minute to avoid blackouts. Leftwich was not the problem in selling tickets, that was proven this past season.

As far as Leftwich goes, we'll just see what happens this season when he has a whole training camp with the Falcons this time around and learns the system. I don't think he will be successful though, Leftwichs' attitude just kills him in the worst way of his own abilities and his unwillingness to change.
kiki

Savannah, GA

#49 Jan 29, 2008
steven wrote:
wow somebody must never be right about stuff to be thumping their chest over a post I made a year ago directly after a season ended in which we blew it because of the Garrard turnovers in 2006, I wasn't wrong about that.
As far as Garrard goes this seaosn, I was wrong, as I think a lot of people were, including ESPN and other news outlets who absolutely slammed Jack Del Rio back in August after he cut Leftwich. I don't think anyone in their right mind predicted Garrard becoming a top 5 QB in the NFL. Garrard is the biggest reason we enjoyed the success we did this season and it was a pleasant surprise. I have no problem admitting I was wrong about his progression that him allowed to excel to the top this season. It was very enjoyable to watch unfold, Garrard clearly learned from the mistakes he made in 2006 to become a better QB.
I do see that your ignorant self quoted the attendence issues I referenced over a year ago, blaming them on Leftwich. Well, how was I wrong? We had three blackouts this season and the other 4 of the 5 came down to the last minute to avoid blackouts. Leftwich was not the problem in selling tickets, that was proven this past season.
As far as Leftwich goes, we'll just see what happens this season when he has a whole training camp with the Falcons this time around and learns the system. I don't think he will be successful though, Leftwichs' attitude just kills him in the worst way of his own abilities and his unwillingness to change.
i agree
The great 1

Fort Pierce, FL

#50 Feb 24, 2008
steven wrote:
I guess I don't get an Anniversery invite this year. Tickets sell when the team is winning, weather it's L.A. or Jacksonville. No Spin.
cdp
Mike Smiff

Fort Pierce, FL

#51 Feb 24, 2008
steven wrote:
No training Camp, no contract. Like training camp would have really helped..Please!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kyle Vanden Bosch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Free agent DE Jason Babin visits Tennessee afte... (Mar '10) Aug '10 JASON D UKE T O 2
News Albert Haynesworth Not Happy with the Washingto... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Mike 1
News Free Agent DE Jason Babin Visits Tennessee Tita... (Mar '10) Mar '10 PHMB615 1
News Detroit Lions, Kyle Vanden Bosch reach deal (Mar '10) Mar '10 Tony 1
News Jeff Fisher thinks Titans can win with young ta... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Titans men 1
News Without a new deal, trouble is brewing for NFL (Jan '10) Jan '10 Gary 1
News NFL headed toward a season without a salary cap... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Thomas 1
More from around the web