Sports - Hey Dan! The Jaguars pick Lefty for '07

Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Byron Leftwich passes as he is pressured by Tennessee Titans defenders Kyle Vanden Bosch and Albert Haynesworth in the third quarter of the Jaguars' 31-28 win on Sunday, Nov. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Karen Miller

Jacksonville, FL

#1 Feb 22, 2007
Once again the Weaver's and Jack DelRio contribute to the Zoo. A lumbering giraffe as quarterback and a hyena as head coach. I won't be watching the Jaguars play next season.
Emanuel

United States

#2 Feb 22, 2007
Yes, yes, yes,!!!!!!!
Ken

United States

#3 Feb 22, 2007
Alright way to go!
Avi

United States

#4 Feb 22, 2007
Someone in this town has sence Thanks U
Jerome

United States

#5 Feb 22, 2007
NHow let's get it on
Ken

United States

#6 Feb 22, 2007
Look ou Superbowl
Samuel

United States

#7 Feb 22, 2007
Great Great Great
Roy

United States

#8 Feb 22, 2007
Now that's what I am talking about R U ready for some football?
Chris

United States

#9 Feb 22, 2007
move that chain, move thatchain, wow yes!

Since: Feb 07

San Bernardino, CA

#10 Feb 22, 2007
The Jaguars are a basement team anyway, so this just helps them stay there.
robbie

Ocoee, FL

#11 Feb 22, 2007
hello, I think the position should be an open in camp to all the quaterbacks. all in all i have seen more from gray, when has had a chance to play, than leftwich or garred. I think gray gives the jags the better shot a winning because he always keeps his eyes down field for a play that picks up a fristdown.It seemed when ither of the other to qutarbacks were in the game all thay could find was the backs. Grant it the recevers need to raise there leval of play to help out who ever the quterback is. When ive seen gray come into a game the recevers do fine.
Morrie B

Savannah, GA

#12 Feb 23, 2007
Looks like the Jags may be shooting themselves in the foot with the old gunslinger Byron.
louise burne

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#13 Feb 23, 2007
another boring season of jaguars football
leftwich is not ready to lead jacksonville in victory
how did the surgery go we don't know he might fake another injury if the season starts out the lose games pls don't do it again
i will be the qb you don't have to pay me all that money and i am a women over 40yrs of age
Betty Meador

Evansville, IN

#14 Feb 23, 2007
I think maybe they are making a big mistake, but we will have to wait and see.

With Maurice & Freddie doing as well as they did in the end and as long as Bryon can throw it make work out.

Hope so. Go Jags
Richard

Jacksonville, FL

#15 Feb 23, 2007
The quarterback is supposed to be a leader of a team and represent them positively. Leftwich doesn't even speak good English and makes us look like a local yokel team. The "dems", "does" and "my boys" doesn't cut it. At least Garrard has the class and actions of a leader. If Garrard had been given the chance that Leftwich has he would have surpassed him by miles in every way.
T J H

United States

#16 Feb 23, 2007
How long is it going to take for Del Rio to learn that Leftwich is not the QB for the Jags? We have to go through another year of inconsistent play and losses. I am not an NFL coach, but it doesn't take one to see that Leftwich has to go. It is time for a trade.
kiki

Jacksonville, FL

#17 Feb 23, 2007
louise burne wrote:
another boring season of jaguars football
leftwich is not ready to lead jacksonville in victory
how did the surgery go we don't know he might fake another injury if the season starts out the lose games pls don't do it again
i will be the qb you don't have to pay me all that money and i am a women over 40yrs of age
WE ARE NOT GOING TO START THE SEASON OUT WITH LOSE GAMES WE SURE DIDN'T IN THE 2006 SEASON..........COME ON WE ALL KNOW THAT LEFTWICH WILL NOT FAKE AN INJURY HOW MANY TIMES HAS HE PLAYED HURT BEFORE????
Sandra Smiley

AOL

#18 Feb 23, 2007
Is Del Rio stupid or just too stubborn to admit he has made a mistake in his choice of QBs. Lefty as you call him is slow footed and just plain clumsy. He holds the ball too long and throws much too hard much of the time. He is as graceful as a bull elephant. True, Girard madse some mistakes in the last few games, Lefty has made an awful lot the last 3 years. Do something coach to show you want to be a winner or your job could be on the line.
kiki

Saint Augustine, FL

#19 Feb 23, 2007
Sandra Smiley wrote:
Is Del Rio stupid or just too stubborn to admit he has made a mistake in his choice of QBs. Lefty as you call him is slow footed and just plain clumsy. He holds the ball too long and throws much too hard much of the time. He is as graceful as a bull elephant. True, Girard madse some mistakes in the last few games, Lefty has made an awful lot the last 3 years. Do something coach to show you want to be a winner or your job could be on the line.
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, YOU CAN'T KNOW NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL, CAUSE YOU CAN'T EVEN SPELL. MY ADVICE TO YOU IS LEARN MORE ABOUT THE GAME THEN YOU CAN TALK!!!!!
Steven

Jacksonville, FL

#20 Feb 23, 2007
Sandra Smiley wrote:
Maayb your just to "stubborn" to admit that you are not techinicly inclined to understand the intricacies of what actually happens on the football field compared to what your saying.

Leftwich throws too hard? LOL Ummm, im pretty sure guys named Brett Favre and John Elway throw and threw A LOT harder than Byron does. Just for clarification before someone tries to misconstrue my words, I am not comparing Lefty to either of those QBs, for he is no where near the level they are. Just Elway and Favre, to name a couple QBs, throw a ton harder than Leftwich. That is a very bad excuse your coming up with.

He holds onto the ball too long? That's intresting, Garrard gets sacked more per pass play average than Leftwich does. So much for that mobility factor! LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kyle Vanden Bosch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Free agent DE Jason Babin visits Tennessee afte... (Mar '10) Aug '10 JASON D UKE T O 2
Albert Haynesworth Not Happy with the Washingto... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Mike 1
Free Agent DE Jason Babin Visits Tennessee Tita... (Mar '10) Mar '10 PHMB615 1
Detroit Lions, Kyle Vanden Bosch reach deal (Mar '10) Mar '10 Tony 1
Jeff Fisher thinks Titans can win with young ta... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Titans men 1
Without a new deal, trouble is brewing for NFL (Jan '10) Jan '10 Gary 1
NFL headed toward a season without a salary cap... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Thomas 1
More from around the web