Dungy: Young is Titans' impetus

Dungy: Young is Titans' impetus

There are 12 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Sep 17, 2007, titled Dungy: Young is Titans' impetus. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

In an AFC South series in which the past three meetings have been decided by a total of six points, Indianapolis coach Tony Dungy cites second-year quarterback Vince Young as the prime reason the gap between ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Sean Watson

Lebanon, IN

#1 Sep 18, 2007
Where do you get those tackle numbers? Are those from the team? The NFL numbers are substantially different. They have Kelvin Hayden with 19 tackles (you have him at 27), Marlin Jackson at 18(22), and Bob Sanders tied for 5th in the league with 20(20).
Sean Watson

Lebanon, IN

#2 Sep 18, 2007
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats...

Here is the link to NFL stats.

“Prepare for glory! ”

Since: Sep 07

Columbus, IN

#3 Sep 18, 2007
Vince Young had a pretty good game, well, at least the time between sacks was pretty good.

Since: Dec 06

Lake Mary, FL

#4 Sep 18, 2007
I keep hearing about Vince Young this and that. Honestly, he's a good quarterback. But given that Clark missed three easy passes, Wayne didn't finish a route (leading to an interception) and Vinatieri uncharacteristically didn't kick well - isn't that what kept the game close. If all of the above had gone "as usual", it would have been closer to a blowout.

Let's see if the Colts can bring it back together (like they did with the Saints) and play better against Houston before we all line up and talk about what a great team the Titans are. No question, they've improved. But at their best (which they were close to this past weekend), they don't measure up to the Colts at their best. And not playing at your best certain weeks is what leads to the saying "Any team can win on any given Sunday".

Go Colts!!

“Prepare for glory! ”

Columbus, IN

#5 Sep 18, 2007
Bill from Orlando wrote:
Wayne didn't finish a route (leading to an interception)
Did you actually watch the game?
That should have been a renalty.
He was bumped off his route by the safety well beyond 5yds.
Most other receivers in the leayge would have complained about it, but Wayne just takes things like that in stride as part of the game.
jdd

West Lebanon, IN

#6 Sep 18, 2007
You may be right...but I bet he was reminded to keep on going not matter what happens incase calls like this are missed. If he would have keep running instead of just stopping mabye there would have not been the int.....just a thought
Giordano Touchdown wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you actually watch the game?
That should have been a renalty.
He was bumped off his route by the safety well beyond 5yds.
Most other receivers in the leayge would have complained about it, but Wayne just takes things like that in stride as part of the game.
max

United States

#7 Sep 18, 2007
bill great comment we were one play a way several times from blowing the titans out all of those mistakes and we still won i think a good sign unless they dont get corrected. clark and adam missing those wont happen often
max

United States

#8 Sep 18, 2007
giordano relax bill is on are side or atleast the comment was

“Prepare for glory! ”

Columbus, IN

#9 Sep 18, 2007
max wrote:
giordano relax bill is on are side or atleast the comment was
I'm not upset,
just wanted to point that out in case anyone didn't see the play.
It's almost impossible to continue on your planned route when you are bumped.
Even if he had adjusted his route, it would have been impossible for him to be in his intended position on time.
It wasn't necessarily Reggie's fault, just a not-so clean play (1 of many) by the Defense.
Bobby

Pikesville, MD

#10 Sep 18, 2007
Umm, its not a good thing that your DB's are your top tacklers, it means your D-Line isn't stopping the run, and that they arent covering tight enough to break up passes...

Since: Dec 06

Eddyville, KY

#11 Sep 18, 2007
Giordano Touchdown wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not upset,
just wanted to point that out in case anyone didn't see the play.
It's almost impossible to continue on your planned route when you are bumped.
Even if he had adjusted his route, it would have been impossible for him to be in his intended position on time.
It wasn't necessarily Reggie's fault, just a not-so clean play (1 of many) by the Defense.
Ya, I'm not taking your comments negatively. I saw the game. I agree that there should have been a penalty, but I also agree that he should have kept going. He *knows* that Manning is going to throw where he WILL be, not where he is. I guess he assumed that it would just be an incomplete pass? The TV didn't really show his reaction. In fact, I assumed that when he was bumped, it knocked the wind out of him or something. But then he was up and at e'm the very nice play.

But good call, Giordano. There are lots of folks that don't watch the game and then later comment on what was written in the rags, rather than was actually happened.
german

Tempe, AZ

#12 Sep 19, 2007
don't forget, the titans were "just a play away" from winning that game. You can complain all you want about the refs, it comes down to who performs in the end and the colts barely did that. thank god they did though

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kyle Vanden Bosch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Free agent DE Jason Babin visits Tennessee afte... (Mar '10) Aug '10 JASON D UKE T O 2
News Albert Haynesworth Not Happy with the Washingto... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Mike 1
News Free Agent DE Jason Babin Visits Tennessee Tita... (Mar '10) Mar '10 PHMB615 1
News Detroit Lions, Kyle Vanden Bosch reach deal (Mar '10) Mar '10 Tony 1
News Jeff Fisher thinks Titans can win with young ta... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Titans men 1
News Without a new deal, trouble is brewing for NFL (Jan '10) Jan '10 Gary 1
News NFL headed toward a season without a salary cap... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Thomas 1
More from around the web