Kurt Warner will have plenty of options, but will Chicago Bears...

Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner and his agent plan to listen. Will the Bears be ready to talk? Following Sunday's Super Bowl XLIII in Tampa, Warner becomes a free agent. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
sean c

Bethlehem, PA

#41 Jan 27, 2009
dont do it!!!!!! spend the money on better receivers and linemen to protect whatever qb is there.hes 37 why bother!!! we need a qb for the future not 1 or 2 years,id rather they package draft picks and trade for an established qb thats younger!!!!
Rod Tidwell

AOL

#42 Jan 27, 2009
Yea, like Matt Leinart. Your dumb.
Tony

Sacramento, CA

#43 Jan 27, 2009
The fact that Warner has led them to the Super Bowl sure makes the pill much easier to swallow for Matt Leinart. There is no shame in sitting behind a Hall of Famer for a couple of years. Ask Steve Young.
SAH

Bradenton, FL

#44 Jan 28, 2009
ldc wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a Grossman fan.
But that is revisionist history.
First, the defense did not catch "lightning in a bottle." It was the same defense that had the top points against average in the league, in fact one the the best in history.
It was a solid defense for nearly two seasons until Tommie Harris got hurt.
Second, whatever you may think of him now, Rex Grossman was the BEST QB through the first month of the 2006 season.
He had the Bears rolling up big points.
And the fact that the Bears got out to big leads only helped the defense, since they were able to stick with the scheme.
And name me one QB who at age 26 in his first full year of playing QB accomplished what Rex did, and then was permanently benched after the first three games the following season, after going 1-2 in those three games? Now that I think about it, did Rex ever lose two games in a row? If he did, it wasn't many times.

I enjoy all the "haters" who like to say Rex shouldn't be in the league. I've been keeping track of their "calls", so I can remind them later they should no longer be offering opinions to this forum.

Anybody interested in a 28 year old strong armed back-up QB who can sport a 13-3 regular season record without missing a game, win two play-off games and is one of only 6 QB's in Super Bowl history to complete 70% or more of their 12 or more passes? A guy whose winning percentage is among the top 10 among active QB's with 30 starts or more and has won an "Offensive Player of the Month" award?

Gee, let me see......

Take your pick Rex, and this time you won't have to consider being loyal to a franchise. After all Rex, having the type of character that demands loyalty to a franchise went out the door with Leave It To Beaver.

That type of character is trying to make a comeback by another Florida QB, who would make the next perfect candidate to be booed in Chicago because he didn't play at Notre Dame or in the Big Ten.(Take Mendehall over Forte they all shouted!!!)

Since: Dec 08

Oakland, CA

#45 Jan 28, 2009
SAH wrote:
<quoted text>
And name me one QB who at age 26 in his first full year of playing QB accomplished what Rex did, and then was permanently benched after the first three games the following season, after going 1-2 in those three games? Now that I think about it, did Rex ever lose two games in a row? If he did, it wasn't many times.
I enjoy all the "haters" who like to say Rex shouldn't be in the league. I've been keeping track of their "calls", so I can remind them later they should no longer be offering opinions to this forum.
Anybody interested in a 28 year old strong armed back-up QB who can sport a 13-3 regular season record without missing a game, win two play-off games and is one of only 6 QB's in Super Bowl history to complete 70% or more of their 12 or more passes? A guy whose winning percentage is among the top 10 among active QB's with 30 starts or more and has won an "Offensive Player of the Month" award?
Gee, let me see......
Take your pick Rex, and this time you won't have to consider being loyal to a franchise. After all Rex, having the type of character that demands loyalty to a franchise went out the door with Leave It To Beaver.
That type of character is trying to make a comeback by another Florida QB, who would make the next perfect candidate to be booed in Chicago because he didn't play at Notre Dame or in the Big Ten.(Take Mendehall over Forte they all shouted!!!)
Unfortunately, his Greatness didn't come out in his one start this year.

Life is life, got to make the most out of your op's. You snooze, you lose.

But I agree with you. Maybe Rex should have been given more respect, better personnel,better coaching.

Frankly I wish we stay pat with the QB's we have for now. Nothing out there excites me till Tebow, and even then, he may be just a pipe dream.

The fans base wasn't exactly helping the situation either.
deputydawg

Nashville, TN

#46 Jan 28, 2009
Ahzroc wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, NO SALE...
bad arguement on your part...
Warner on NYG-
2004 NYG 10-9 277-174 2,054 .628 6 4 62 39-196 86.5
I'm grasping at straws re: the question about Christianity...
I'm asking an honest question:
What is it, after all the great and good seasons, that people really dislike him? Makes no sense to me.
Read closely before commenting Warner went to the Super Bowl in St. Louis indoors, Giants 9-6 is mediocre at best. Warner is well liked it's his wife thats in question but she has been quiet for years. Warner is a classic case of made good but it's getting near the end of the ride and to get him now would be typical Bears getting a player on the down side and to me whats the difference between downside and upside both are unpredictable.
deputydawg

Nashville, TN

#47 Jan 28, 2009
SAH wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, let me see......
Yeah, yeah, yaddayadda. Grossman is not at fault it is the people who draft a slow-footed, short, poor fundamental Florida Qb in the first round and deny others to challenge him. I still also remember the weeks of the lowest passer rating possible. Can we finally get past the Grossman fiasco move on look towards the Orton, Hanie competition. If you think Grossman was done wrong watch when he is released how many come knocking at his door. If anything Orton was mistreated he should have finished his 10-5 season and given an equal chance the next season, period. So I don't mourn for Grossman I'm just glad it's over.
Ahzroc

United States

#48 Jan 28, 2009
deputydawg wrote:
<quoted text>Read closely before commenting Warner went to the Super Bowl in St. Louis indoors, Giants 9-6 is mediocre at best. Warner is well liked it's his wife thats in question but she has been quiet for years. Warner is a classic case of made good but it's getting near the end of the ride and to get him now would be typical Bears getting a player on the down side and to me whats the difference between downside and upside both are unpredictable.
Do have to agree that the Bears are notorious for getting a QB or WR at the end of their productivity...
Ahzroc

United States

#49 Jan 28, 2009
Mike Phipps Golden Richards et.al.
SAH

Bradenton, FL

#50 Jan 29, 2009
deputydawg wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah, yeah, yaddayadda. Grossman is not at fault it is the people who draft a slow-footed, short, poor fundamental Florida Qb in the first round and deny others to challenge him. I still also remember the weeks of the lowest passer rating possible. Can we finally get past the Grossman fiasco move on look towards the Orton, Hanie competition. If you think Grossman was done wrong watch when he is released how many come knocking at his door. If anything Orton was mistreated he should have finished his 10-5 season and given an equal chance the next season, period. So I don't mourn for Grossman I'm just glad it's over.
I'm glad it's over too. But for Rex's sake, not the boo birds. Time will tell about Rex, who like it or not, will have another chance some place else.
deputydawg

Nashville, TN

#51 Jan 30, 2009
SAH wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad it's over too. But for Rex's sake, not the boo birds. Time will tell about Rex, who like it or not, will have another chance some place else.
I wouldn't want to bet on that he is just not a NFL QB there are no teams beating down his door they all have seen him. He has bad mechanics, small hands, he's short and slow. I just don't know what you see in him.

“Let's rock!!”

Since: Oct 07

Aurora, IL

#52 Feb 1, 2009
After the Cardinals loss, I think Kurt Warner is going to hang up his cleats.

Tough loss, I was rootin' for Cards! STUPID penalties help kill 'em, it was like cheering for our Bears!!

I wouldn't wait for Warner to show up at Halas Hall anytime soon.
jim in arizona

Taylor, AZ

#53 Feb 1, 2009
ARIZONA should have won this game. they made an exciting comeback,but,after scoring what could have
been the winning touchdown,they went back to their
terrible tackling. it's a dam shame that they lost,
when they were within a minute or so of upsetting the 4th straight team! anyways,they had a very
special year & all CARDINALS fans should be extremely
proud of them! thanks ARIZONA for giving your fans
something they will never forget!
jack

Zion, IL

#54 Feb 2, 2009
could u please name the int he has had all his time in the league and all his lost games and passer ratings grossman didnt win devin hester and the D did so get ur facts straight
SAH wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, let me see......
Sterling

United States

#55 Feb 20, 2009
It amazes me how the so called critics almost always seem to overlook the fact that the Chicgo Bears are simply a team that just like to fill the stands. I sit back and listen to Chicago sportswriters comment on the recieving core and it is always negitive. Will someone please tell me how in the hell can you overlook the fact that the Bears are cheap, management can't draft and the coach is either dumb or a scared yes man. This team will never win unless it comes up with some money and a positive marketing push for top notch talent. Face reality Chicago, you've been had!!!!
Ahzroc

United States

#56 Feb 23, 2009
Sterling wrote:
It amazes me how the so called critics almost always seem to overlook the fact that the Chicgo Bears are simply a team that just like to fill the stands. I sit back and listen to Chicago sportswriters comment on the recieving core and it is always negitive. Will someone please tell me how in the hell can you overlook the fact that the Bears are cheap, management can't draft and the coach is either dumb or a scared yes man. This team will never win unless it comes up with some money and a positive marketing push for top notch talent. Face reality Chicago, you've been had!!!!
The "Cheap" thing is a Sterotype from years and years ago...the Bears DO PAY VERY WELL, just not WISELY
Sterling

United States

#57 Feb 24, 2009
Come on Ahzroc. Are we looking at the same team here? Bernard Berrian was allowed to go to the Bears rival because they wouldn't pay. They almost lost Lance Briggs who was made out to be the bad guy in their contract despute with him. Please! Your'e tring to make the sun shine in the middle of a blizzard. Face it AHZROC The Bears Do Not Pay Very Well or Wisely. Management (or lack of) is the blame for only two Superbowl appearances from a team with such a great history.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kurt Warner Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
49ers Lose In Game One At Candelstick (Sep '08) Aug '14 Flatulence Fred 3
Palmer closing in on 4,000 yds, eyes 11-win season (Dec '13) Dec '13 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 8
Arizona Cardinals don't want to be NFC West's '... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Card in Fla 1
Hypothetical ESPN trade would send Larry Fitzge... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Laughing Bear Fan 14
NFL analyst Brandt: Carson Palmer has 'gone bac... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Corran Horn 2
Palmer throws first camp passes for Arizona (Apr '13) Apr '13 Corran Horn 2
NFC West: How The Carson Palmer Trade To Arizon... (Apr '13) Apr '13 santiago 1
More from around the web