Ralph Law

Americus, GA

#163 Jan 13, 2009
All the teams David mentions also are playing excellent defense. And, their QB's are not making dumb mistakes. The Bears neither played good defense or executed all that well at QB.

It is all about what you do in the playoffs and not the regular season. McNabb and Rothlisberger have stepped up. Look at their protection as well. Kurt Warner looks like he can hardly walk down one hallway of a rest home and he gets all kinds of time.

Another factor is that we have been watching recievers catch the balls and more are closer being catchable than the balls thrown by Bears' quarterbacks.

Last, to me the biggest difference between the successful playoff teams and Chicago is not even in personnel or individual play - it is all about smart coaching, clock management, and the people who are hired to coach the players.

We have some real lulu's coaching the Bears. I do not see it changing until Lovie and Angelo are gone.
Andrew

Crystal Lake, IL

#164 Jan 13, 2009
hey everyone go read his article from 5 days ago, its great talking about how Kurt Warner should be at the top of the bears offseason priority list and now he writes this??? What can you say other than hypocrite, and how could you honest respect anything he writes from now on. I mean independently the articles aren't horrible but the fact that they are so contradicting of each other and by the same guy can only make you laugh.
J W Chi

Chicago, IL

#165 Jan 13, 2009
koachditker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Coach Lombardi,
How many coaching staffs have you put together?
You type pages of nothing and call out other people for having an opinion.
We got it already. You don't like Orton or the Bears coaches. What I just typed in 12 words took you hours to convey.
Come back when you have something original to add.
------

Did you play any organized Football, Pro or College or Coach any?
You and others like you mumble drivel about Hester being no good, Hell have you ever tried being a Wide receiver converted from a Kick returner converted from a D Back all in the matter of 1 to 1-1/2 yrs? While listening to your Teams fans spout sheit about how your a piece of Krap? If you have and were successful at it then you can criticize all you want! That goes for any other position in football too. If you have done it successfully then you can talk. Talk is cheap, drivel is cheaper. I GET IT! You do not like me or my opinions. SO WHAT!! Feelings are mutual! At least I look at things logically not running off HALF-(word C deleted O due C to K censorship)E D!

Since: Nov 08

God's Country

#166 Jan 13, 2009
Azdak wrote:
<quoted text>
#1 Reply and you ended the discussion.
You wonder if Haugh watched the same games that the rest of us did.
At some point, virtually all writers lapse into "statspeak" where they grab a few numbers out of context and use them to justify any random idea that pops out of their rears.
Nothing against Orton personally, but anyone who spent 5 minutes watching the games last weekend came away even more convinced of the importance of a top-quality QB if you want to go anywhere in the playoffs. Look at all 8 teams that played last weekend. Would you take Orton over any of those guys? Maybe Collins or Delhomme are close to Orton in ability, or Warner because of age. But it was clearly obvious that those guys had skills that Orton will never have, even if they didn't all play at their best.
Did you watch Larry Fitzgerald tear the ball awayfrom the D.B'sfor a TD as Warner threw into double coverage? Quality W.O.'s help ALOT.

God's Country

#167 Jan 13, 2009
JBS wrote:
<quoted text>
The stat should read "one completion of more than 30 yards through the air." Just because someone catches the ball 5-15 yards beyond the line of scrimmage and runs for a long time does not mean everyone who says Orton cannot consistently throw long passes are wrong.
I do give you credit, though: Most Orton-philes rarely, if ever, provide stats to back up their assertions re: Kyle and Rex. Most just say stupid things like: "Well, it's better than when Rex was the starter," completely forgetting that, with Rex as starter, the Bears won two playoff games and played in a Super Bowl.

Nonetheless, despite your valiant attempt at research and a reasoned argument, I'm going to have to ask you to try again.
Ya know who else didn't have a great deep ball? Joe Montana. A deep ball isn't nearly as important as a great offensive scheme, great wide receivers (Jerry Rice) and good leadership. QB is only a small part of a successful Offense. Sorry I'm not stat laden with this post or have my head shoved up Rex's backside. Get over the QB crap and let's look at improving the team in its entirety and not just one position.
The R

Richton Park, IL

#168 Jan 13, 2009
jesse wrote:
you must mean dominic rhodes--------
he's the one who ran over the bears.
<quoted text>
You're right--Mr. Rhodes ran roughshod over the Bears. My bad.

The Super Bowl was a harbinger of things to come, for the Bears.

God's Country

#169 Jan 13, 2009
Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm.... your comment is really, really, stupid. Here is some wonderful 1st half defense by the Bears;
14 in the 2nd Qtr to Houston;
14 in the 2nd Qtr to GB(2)
17 in the 2nd Qtr to MIN(2)
17 in the first half of GB(1)
23 in the 2nd to Det(2)
24 in the first half to MIN(1)
14 in the first half to Philly
14 in first half to TB
Yes, there first half defense was truly awesome.
How about your other really, really, stupid comment. No catches over 30 yards?
Hester had a 65 yard catch
Olsen had a 52 yard catch
Booker had a 51 yard catch
Davis had a 36 yard catch
Clark had a 35 yard catch
Lloyd had a 32 yard catch
Greatest rebuttal EVER!(see#94) Thank you.
Stephen

Houston, TX

#170 Jan 13, 2009
Just Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
Greatest rebuttal EVER!(see#94) Thank you.
Numbers don't lie and most people don't bother to check a single stat before spouting off some nonsense. espn.com and pro-football-reference.com are great resources.
sam

Covina, CA

#171 Jan 14, 2009
david haugh,
you are so full of crap it's sickening.just tired of you backing orton and changing your tune by the minute last week you said bring warner and sit orton you said derek anderson was a bust now you say he is available.just what kind of drugs are you abusing.
tulab

Grayslake, IL

#172 Jan 14, 2009
are you gay david haugh? you kept on defending kyle orton but he's worst than you ever known...you have to look at the end result...

“Stimulate THIS!”

Since: Aug 08

West Frankfort, IL

#173 Jan 14, 2009
Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how many other 9-7 coaches have been fired in recent years. Andy Reid finished 9-6-1. You think he should be fired?
Well, I know of a guy who WON two Super Bowls who got fired....NOBODY is beyond replacement...I guess you are one of the few who think Lovie can do no wrong.
sam

Covina, CA

#174 Jan 14, 2009
hey david haugh.get a job writing about another team maybe a highschool team and slowly work your way up.you don't belong here.you represent every thing that the Bears and Chicago do not stand for.just get the hell out.
Daniel Young

Moss Landing, CA

#175 Jan 14, 2009
Luke,

I agree with you 100%. Also, Haugh I think you have no clue whatsoever about chicago sports. You are mad because you reported that our No.1 priority is QB when that was not the case. Another thing get off of Warner's Tip, he is not coming to chicago. Does your wife know that you are very deeply in love with Warner?
Dabearsz

United States

#176 Jan 14, 2009
Wrong, the money already on defense is far too much for little output. Defense needs better technique and coaching, which they have started to do. Offense, has no 0-line, a limp noodle armed qb and no receivers worth mentioning. Let alone a o-line coach and offensive coordinator. Get a real coordinator and a receiver or two then maybe some o-linemen then maybe Orton could succeed a little more. Still need a better qb tho.
Ahamilton

Tempe, AZ

#177 Feb 2, 2009
chi-man wrote:
Angelo, you dumb piece of fetal matter, what is wrong with you? say after me...O-line, D-line and reciever and that is all you need. If you waste your money and picks on others, for example qb, then you are a dunce. A pass-rusher, a real one. Stop counting on Wale, who is done and on Harris who is always hurt and can never practice or play any good. These guys are going to be worse last year than this year. If a can't miss safty is available, sure , go for it. But leave qb alone, and if you don't recognize the potential of Hanie then you are a lost cause and we will lose another player who will prosper elsewhere.
You are clueless dude. We don't need recievers. Hester is awesome if he only had someone that could throw an accurate deep ball to him in stride. Every deep pass to Hester by Orton was underthrown and by Grossman was thrown to the defense. QB should be the first pick in the draft. Marinelli will turn the D-line around with the talent that they already have. Remember a guy named Warren Sapp? Yeah.....he was created by Marinelli. We have several good pass rushers. Look at how well they did before they got rid of the last defense cordinator. BAD MOVE!! QB and maybe a couple offensive linemen (they're getting old). And maybe another linebacker for the same reason.
Max

Milwaukee, WI

#178 Feb 2, 2009
Orton is just fine....Orton has thrown to Hester deep, but Hester will drop every other pass thrown his way. I also remember a game this year, can't remember what week, but Orton threw it to Davis perfectly and was dropped. If caught would have kept the drive alive.
Bill

Naperville, IL

#179 Feb 3, 2009
Max wrote:
Orton is just fine....Orton has thrown to Hester deep, but Hester will drop every other pass thrown his way. I also remember a game this year, can't remember what week, but Orton threw it to Davis perfectly and was dropped. If caught would have kept the drive alive.

You mentioned TWO drops.

You were way, way, TOO KIND to the receiving corps...... There were over a dozen.

Max

Milwaukee, WI

#180 Feb 3, 2009
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
You mentioned TWO drops.
You were way, way, TOO KIND to the receiving corps...... There were over a dozen.
I guess I was too kind, but I just wanted to make the point that Orton did find his receivers only to have some drop his passes. I have always wondered how Haas would have done, but the critics saying that he is too slow. I do remember a slow white guy that didn't do that badly here and that is Tom Waddell.
Bill

Naperville, IL

#181 Feb 3, 2009
Max wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I was too kind, but I just wanted to make the point that Orton did find his receivers only to have some drop his passes. I have always wondered how Haas would have done, but the critics saying that he is too slow. I do remember a slow white guy that didn't do that badly here and that is Tom Waddell.

You get no argument from me.

I think the Bears would be foolish to pursue ANY QB this year...... There are too many other holes to fill.

Max

Milwaukee, WI

#182 Feb 3, 2009
I agree Bill. The last thing the Bears should go after is a QB. They need to upgrade the OL, even though, the line more than met expecatations this year. The Bears should be looking at who is going to replace Tait because he may only have one or two good years left. The guard postion should be alright with Garza and St. Claire should slide into Beekman's slot. Here's where I think the Bears should focus: WR, D-line, Safety and maybe RB (to spell Forte every once in a while even though A-Pete is a good backup). If Tyson Jackson from LSU is not around at 18 then maybe go after Maualuga from USC or Laurinitis from Ohio State.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kurt Warner Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
49ers Lose In Game One At Candelstick (Sep '08) Aug '14 Flatulence Fred 3
Palmer closing in on 4,000 yds, eyes 11-win season (Dec '13) Dec '13 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 8
Arizona Cardinals don't want to be NFC West's '... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Card in Fla 1
Hypothetical ESPN trade would send Larry Fitzge... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Laughing Bear Fan 14
NFL analyst Brandt: Carson Palmer has 'gone bac... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Corran Horn 2
Palmer throws first camp passes for Arizona (Apr '13) Apr '13 Corran Horn 2
NFC West: How The Carson Palmer Trade To Arizon... (Apr '13) Apr '13 santiago 1

Kurt Warner People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE