Burges graduate drafted by Cardinals

Full story: El Paso Times

John Skelton, a former Burges High School and Fordham University quarterback, was selected by the Arizona Cardinals in the fifth round of the NFL draft on Saturday.
Comments
1 - 20 of 40 Comments Last updated Apr 26, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Proud El Pasoan

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2010

Congrats Skelton. Wish you the best.
Comment

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2010

Hey, is he the first kid from El Paso(attended high school here) that has made it to the NFL?
Mister D El Paso Tx

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2010

What someone from El Paso not involved in boxing on the front page of the sports section? Good job John Skelton don't know about the rest of these sports fan around here since ya didn't go to all migthy UTEP. Good luck big guy hope you will be a starter in the NFL some day.
smh

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2010

leave uptoo el pasoans to sh@t on each other since you cant do nothing with yourselves but point ur dirty finger at someone better than you lol losers
Burges Teacher

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2010

Nathan wrote:
Now maybe this Dead Beat Dad can pay his long over due child support. This guy abandoned his beautiful daughter and never mentions her in his interviews or conversations. Unfortunately, he’ll never suit up for an NFL team. Million dollar arm on a two dollar brain.
That is not correct. John was one of my students and he is NOT stupid. I am happy for him. I have been told that the mother refuses to have a paternity or DNA test on the little girl. Why is that?
lhj vljhv

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2010

wow
noname

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2010

my brother played football with him in high school... said they shoved his head in the urinals because he was a jerk.
gawker

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2010

Congratulations winner

Its good to now that el paso fully supports men who have made it instead of bringing them down.

Much succes to you and brush the HATERS off your shoulder.

He's going to be getting prime rib instead of the crap here in el paso.
congrats

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2010

Good for him in going to college out of town.

Kurt Warner's wife wanted him to retire and focus on his family.
He was awsome!

Congrats to a former EL Pasoan.
I went to Burgess for part of a year and it was known more as a rocker highschool way back when.

Good for him in getting into sports now NFL!!!
Nope

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2010

Comment wrote:
Hey, is he the first kid from El Paso(attended high school here) that has made it to the NFL?
Bryan Young- Andress
Eric Jack- Eastwood
Paul Smith- Andress
Ray Mickens- Andress
Rufus Brown- Austin
Robert Rodriguez- Montwood

I know Eastwood had a a couple of other players make the NFL and I am sure that schools like Bel Air and Coronado must of had a few who got a shot. Of the list above, Young and Mickens are the only ones I know that had were starters. My knowledge of El Pasoans going to the NFL before the mid-80's is fairly limited. Anyone else know about El Paso kids before this time?
Yeah

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2010

Billy Davis a graduate of Irvin High School (my Alma mater). University of Pittsburgh, 2 time Super Bowl Champion with the Dallas Cowboys and Baltimore Ravens.
congrats

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2010

Unfortunately , most jocks have a bad reputation as being womanizers. People in a public eye will always have groupies and hangers on. NFL these days is into lawbreakers and ones with personal problems. That is what the NFL needs to clean up.
Warner, Tebow and McCoy are the few who have their priorities right.
The same thing with teams like Broncos and Browns, who are more professional. Some other teams are like gangster thugs with menacing team culture.

Bottom line that is not bloggers business what is going on in Skelton's and childs'(if it is his) personal life. Maybe the girl didn't want his money. sheesh.
Hmmm

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2010

Are you sure the father ain't some wanna be rapper from here in El Paso. I've seen a lot of those Christopher Wallace wannabe's riding around being catered to by some good looking but skanky latina's!
congrats

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2010

And perverts need to get out of the gutter, and quit with the insults, you sound like bigger losers.
ep guy

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2010

Nope wrote:
<quoted text>
Bryan Young- Andress
Eric Jack- Eastwood
Paul Smith- Andress
Ray Mickens- Andress
Rufus Brown- Austin
Robert Rodriguez- Montwood
I know Eastwood had a a couple of other players make the NFL and I am sure that schools like Bel Air and Coronado must of had a few who got a shot. Of the list above, Young and Mickens are the only ones I know that had were starters. My knowledge of El Pasoans going to the NFL before the mid-80's is fairly limited. Anyone else know about El Paso kids before this time?
Billy Davis at Irvin
Jarman the O-Lineman from Franklin
The D-Tackle from Coronado from the 1980s
LOL

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2010

skanky latina's
Old Gringo

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2010

Way to go! All your hard work is paying off more and more. No easy road to glory.
Solidarity

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2010

congrats wrote:
Good for him in going to college out of town.
Kurt Warner's wife wanted him to retire and focus on his family.
He was awsome!
Congrats to a former EL Pasoan.
I went to Burgess for part of a year and it was known more as a rocker highschool way back when.
Good for him in getting into sports now NFL!!!
If you went to Burges, why don't you know how to spell it? There's no way you went there.
food fight

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2010

Hoochie doesn't discriminate : it can be anybody and from money, not from money, anglo, minority, men, women, educated, dumb.

Don't be a hooch male or female!
food fight

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2010

Solidarity wrote:
<quoted text>
If you went to Burges, why don't you know how to spell it? There's no way you went there.
All you care about is spelling..on a blog about the NFL recruiting someone else from El Paso??? What is up with the "Solidarity" bit?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••