Delhomme downgraded to doubtful

Delhomme downgraded to doubtful

There are 2 comments on the story from Dec 22, 2006, titled Delhomme downgraded to doubtful. In it, reports that:

Carolina Panthers quarterback Jake Delhomme missed practice again because of an injured thumb and was downgraded to doubtful for the Dec.

Join the discussion below, or

United States

#1 Dec 23, 2006
I know this has to be tearing the guy up inside as badly as he wants to play, but some injuries do take time to assure they do not get worse, they require rest. This particular injury could take 6-10 weeks for proper healing, and that would be with out using the thumb at all.

He'll be back as soon as possible.
foster fan

United States

#2 Dec 27, 2006
I agree....the thumb is the most important finger on the hand when it comes to throwing a football. You can not throw the ball if you can not grip the ball. This is just as bad as pulling a groin.....they are nagging injuries that won't go away unless you let them heal on there own.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kris Mangum Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who's Carolina going to throw too? (May '07) May '07 trgoodman 1
News Jolley to make visit (Mar '07) Mar '07 panthers truth te... 1
News Carolina QB still hoping to start (Dec '06) Feb '07 Jake 10
News Delhomme misses second straight game with thumb... (Dec '06) Dec '06 Shasa Perez 1
News 2 QBs among cuts by Panthers (Sep '06) Sep '06 rob s 1
News Seidman a happy camper (Aug '06) Aug '06 Sherry Walter 1
More from around the web