Carolina QB still hoping to start

Carolina quarterback Jake Delhomme, with a right thumb injury, did not practice for a third straight day Friday, making it more likely Chris Weinke will start for the Panthers in Sunday's game against the New ... Full Story

Since: Dec 06

Kelly, NC

#1 Dec 9, 2006
I think it will be advantageous for the Panthers to go with Weinke.Jake, although he is remorseful for the mess the team has endured,it is time for a new direction.I thank Mr. Deholomme for the many years of up and downs this organization have endured.Yes we have made the playoffs;but they have yet to win the big one.Com petiveness is what the NFL is all about.NOT FOR LONG is the basis of this we all love so dearly.
Valentino Joyner

Saint Joseph, MN

#2 Dec 10, 2006
Give Weinke a real shot at starting, I believe he is the answer. Deholomme we love what you have done!
Beck Simpson

Mooresville, NC

#3 Dec 14, 2006
Valentino Joyner wrote:
Give Weinke a real shot at starting, I believe he is the answer. Deholomme we love what you have done!
Joyner does not know anything about football. The problem is Henning and the whole team.
Beck Simpson

Mooresville, NC

#4 Dec 14, 2006
trgoodman wrote:
I think it will be advantageous for the Panthers to go with Weinke.Jake, although he is remorseful for the mess the team has endured,it is time for a new direction.I thank Mr. Deholomme for the many years of up and downs this organization have endured.Yes we have made the playoffs;but they have yet to win the big one.Com petiveness is what the NFL is all about.NOT FOR LONG is the basis of this we all love so dearly.
Weinke is not the answer. The problem is Henning and the whole team. All Henning know is run, run, pass, kick. Go back to when he was coaching Atla. The team does not have the attitude to win.

Since: Dec 06

Kelly, NC

#5 Dec 14, 2006
Beck Simpson wrote:
<quoted text>
Weinke is not the answer. The problem is Henning and the whole team. All Henning know is run, run, pass, kick. Go back to when he was coaching Atla. The team does not have the attitude to win.
Weinke is not the solution. What other options do the Panthers have at this moment? Please respond. I feel we need to start to work him into the offensive scheme for now. The team chances for playoff grandeur has depleted with that spanking you witness in Charlotte this past weekend. I feel they need to prepare for next season that is the reason it would be advantageous for this team.
Fauscett

Richmond, VA

#6 Dec 14, 2006
Valentino Joyner wrote:
Give Weinke a real shot at starting, I believe he is the answer. Deholomme we love what you have done!
1 and 16 as starter. Yea, like thats the answer
Calen

United States

#7 Dec 16, 2006
None of you must have seen Weinke play before John Fox and Delhomme got to Carolina. He started in 2001 and they went 1-15. Weinke is definately not the answer for Carolina. Everyone must have forgotten about the 2004 season also. We went 7-9 and bounced back the next season to go 11-5. I see a great season from a healthy Carolina team next year with their current starting quarterback.

Since: Dec 06

Kelly, NC

#8 Dec 16, 2006
Calen wrote:
None of you must have seen Weinke play before John Fox and Delhomme got to Carolina. He started in 2001 and they went 1-15. Weinke is definately not the answer for Carolina. Everyone must have forgotten about the 2004 season also. We went 7-9 and bounced back the next season to go 11-5. I see a great season from a healthy Carolina team next year with their current starting quarterback.
I have seen Weinke play and I also have seen Jake play donot have many options huh! You must have forgotten the defeat in Seattle last year.We were 11-5 then also.Jake is very inconsistent with a capital I.The Panthers would be foolish not to look another QB in the off-season.But they do not need to stop there.They are in need of many things but QB is vital.Jake is no Tony Romo.Over his stay I have seen too many games thrown away by Mr.Delhomme.I am reminded of Monday night Football against Philly or the Redskins need I go any further.
panthers123

Statesville, NC

#9 Feb 19, 2007
keep starting jake hes the best dame qb weve got keep up the good work jake
Jake

Durham, NC

#10 Feb 28, 2007
Jake Delhome(DumbAss),
Trade his ass, for a first round pick hopefully we could get a first founder for his sorry ass. John Fox needs to go as well, The Panthers need to clean house with the coaching staff & QB positions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kris Mangum Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's Carolina going to throw too? (May '07) May '07 trgoodman 1
Jolley to make visit (Mar '07) Mar '07 panthers truth te... 1
Delhomme downgraded to doubtful (Dec '06) Dec '06 foster fan 2
Delhomme misses second straight game with thumb... (Dec '06) Dec '06 Shasa Perez 1
2 QBs among cuts by Panthers (Sep '06) Sep '06 rob s 1
Seidman a happy camper (Aug '06) Aug '06 Sherry Walter 1
More from around the web