Pro Bowl picks talk of team

Pro Bowl picks talk of team

There are 11 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Dec 19, 2007, titled Pro Bowl picks talk of team. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Reaction to the NFL's Tuesday announcement that five Indianapolis Colts will play in the 2008 Pro Bowl game Feb.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Mike

Jeffersonville, OH

#1 Dec 20, 2007
I just hope he gets Harrison in the game next week against the Titans to try and get back in sync with the offense. I don't think even Harrison can come back in the playoffs with 3 months off and be sharp.
Bill from CT

New Haven, CT

#2 Dec 20, 2007
Mathis gets double digit sacks almost every year and never seems to be talked about as a Pro Bowler. Sure he benefits from the attention Freeney gets, but I wonder if that overshadows him more than it should.
Old Roy

Newport, KY

#3 Dec 20, 2007
How did the patriots get anybody from that pathetic team voted to the Pro Bowl?
COLTS FREAK

AOL

#4 Dec 20, 2007
we will lose out the rest of the season.....12-4 again. nfl intentionally put afc south opponents at the end of our schedule knowing we will have people out for the playoffs to make the south look more competetive and closer than it is.
Dan K

AOL

#5 Dec 20, 2007
Hey would someone tell the NFL I'm still sitting waiting for my pro-bowl call!
PaulBrooklyn

Rocky Point, NY

#6 Dec 20, 2007
This is not important, we should concentrate on the important things that lie ahead: i.e. injuries, staying ina rhythm, no resting players, give them as much playing time as possible to get sharp for the playoffs. We might have to work ona few trick plays if it comes down to the patriots in the afccg. I would like to see a blitz package put in before the playoffs, just to change up the defense and keep the other teams guessing, and not make the colts' to predictable.

Since: Dec 07

Denver, CO

#7 Dec 20, 2007
Old Roy wrote:
How did the patriots get anybody from that pathetic team voted to the Pro Bowl?
Because they are a statistical juggernaut with a 14-0 record. I'm a total colts fan, but the Patriots have assembled one of the greatest teams of all time. Which will make it even better when they lose in the playoffs.
Pats Fan

Nashua, NH

#8 Dec 22, 2007
Should I start Addai and Manning in my Fantasy league playoffs? When will they be taken out of the game?
TMD

United States

#9 Dec 22, 2007
JLSpencer wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they are a statistical juggernaut with a 14-0 record. I'm a total colts fan, but the Patriots have assembled one of the greatest teams of all time. Which will make it even better when they lose in the playoffs.
JL, I know you're a big Colts fan, but I think you are ranking the Pats a bit too high. They may be the dominant team of 2007, but by next year, their numbers will return to the 2006 level, and they will lose several games.

It's already starting to happen in their late games. Bad teams with losing records are pushing them to the limit. The more game film teams get to analyze, the less effective the Pats become.

The truly great teams of the past (ie, the '60s GB teams, the mid-to-late '70s Steelers, the late '80s SF teams, and the early '90s Cowboys, sustained major dominance over the league for years, not just one amazing season.

They were not challenged week-in and week-out by poor, below 500 teams.
MVPManning

Lewisville, PA

#10 Dec 22, 2007
Its great to see 29 get the respect he deserves this season. Of course Bob and Reggie are just getting started on what should be perrenial pro bowl runs along with Saturday and, of course, Peyton. Gary Brackett deserves a spot on this roster and i think he will be the replacement for Ray Lewis. More importantly can someone, anyone tell me WHERE IS DALLAS CLARK?!?!?!?! Its a crime that he didnt make this team.
AColtsGirl

Dumfries, VA

#11 Dec 22, 2007
I think that the Colts are truly one of the most cohesive teams in the NFL today. I don't see primadonnas, in fighting, or any of that silliness that you see on other teams. These guys are a no nonsense football team. Plain and simple. Good job throughout the season!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kris Brown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cowboys not in prime position at defensive end,... (Aug '11) Aug '11 Tammy 5
News David Buehler on Short Leash With Dallas Cowboys (May '11) May '11 speedy 1
News Over the Holiday Weekend: Lady Gaga, Kid Cudi P... (Dec '09) Dec '09 Mirranda 1
News Texans on verge of rising, still coming up short (Dec '09) Dec '09 hollnagel 1
News Texans come up one yard short (Oct '09) Oct '09 Wes 1
News Wide receiver Andre Johnson has huge day for Ho... (Dec '08) Dec '08 Bulls Eye Tailgaters 1
News Williams, Slaton lead Texans past Jags 30-17 (Dec '08) Dec '08 LatinJag 3
More from around the web