Bob Ford: Michael Vick's end in Philly emblematic of the Andy Reid era

Full story: The Miami Herald

Michael Vick, according to head coach Andy Reid, will finish his career as an Eagles quarterback right where he started, low on the depth chart and with little expectation of moving up.
Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Dec 16, 2012
Jim Evans Esq

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Another writer who recognizes the dog killer for what he was, an "experiment".

"Michael Vick, according to head coach Andy Reid, will finish his career as an Eagles quarterback right where he started, low on the depth chart and with little expectation of moving up."

"So, that's how it ends. Reid's failure to distinguish between innovation and gimmick, which has been a recurring theme in his career here, is what brought Vick to town in the first place. The Wildcat offense turned out to be a blip on the screen instead of a game-changer, but Reid needed to get the newest version of the operating system, only to find it was outdated by the time he got it home."

"In the meantime, the end of the Vick experiment, coming so soon after the end of the Jim Washburn experiment, and the end of the Juan Castillo experiment, brings to mind Reid's maddening habit of thinking outside the box rather than looking in the box to see if the answer was there the whole time."

"All the rats have indeed deserted the good ship Big Red by now, and he sails alone toward his horizon with a broken mast and a crew that keeps dropping the rigging overboard. So many good ideas gone bad."

"One of those good ideas will be standing on the sideline with Reid these final two games, with a knit cap rather than a helmet protecting his head. That's how it ends here for Michael Vick, just another innovation who became just another gimmick."

An "experiment" and a "gimmick" at putting a running back in the QB position. Seems like more and more "great sports minds" are beginning to echo the exact same thing. I wonder why.

Count down to the idiot, GO, defending and supporting his thug hero: 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3,.........LMGDAO
Vick Hater

Nevada City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Jim Evans Esq wrote:
"Michael Vick, according to head coach Andy Reid, will finish his career as an Eagles quarterback right where he started, low on the depth chart and with little expectation of moving up."
"So, that's how it ends. Reid's failure to distinguish between innovation and gimmick, which has been a recurring theme in his career here, is what brought Vick to town in the first place. The Wildcat offense turned out to be a blip on the screen instead of a game-changer, but Reid needed to get the newest version of the operating system, only to find it was outdated by the time he got it home."
"In the meantime, the end of the Vick experiment, coming so soon after the end of the Jim Washburn experiment, and the end of the Juan Castillo experiment, brings to mind Reid's maddening habit of thinking outside the box rather than looking in the box to see if the answer was there the whole time."
"All the rats have indeed deserted the good ship Big Red by now, and he sails alone toward his horizon with a broken mast and a crew that keeps dropping the rigging overboard. So many good ideas gone bad."
"One of those good ideas will be standing on the sideline with Reid these final two games, with a knit cap rather than a helmet protecting his head. That's how it ends here for Michael Vick, just another innovation who became just another gimmick."
An "experiment" and a "gimmick" at putting a running back in the QB position. Seems like more and more "great sports minds" are beginning to echo the exact same thing. I wonder why.
Count down to the idiot, GO, defending and supporting his thug hero: 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3,.........LMGDAO
Nope, the Dickhead AKA GO, told his new buddy he was going out as it was Sat. night, the only night he is allowed out of the Institution..sounds like he and his life partner paint the town red on Saturday nights..so we will have to wait until tomorrow for him to defend his POS hero!
Can't wait, think of all the proof he will want, then soon he will be gone and reappear with a new name thinking people won't know its him..or maybe he will play two parts at the same time..just way too GD funny!
genevalove

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Jim Evans Esq wrote:

The excuses
Vavoom : The idiot GO, will just change screen names, and pretend "that s not me, you liars!"
Vick '$ apologists should take a good look in the mirror; look at their priorities,value systems.if you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.Many of us never lost sight to what Vick has always been; a wicked sadistic monster , who loved to cause pain, in those unable to fight back.He was given more opportunities to succeed than anyone deserves.Partly because of his race; things that would never be overlooked or forgiven in a white,middle class athlete, was given a get out of jail freepass (no pun intended!) I mean, being at a drive by shooting at his bday party, while on probation, with no consequences?He was in constant Trouble both at va tech, and atlanta; all incidents hidden or expunged.
A a person who rescues dogss; I am repulsed at the sight and sound of vick.I wish him
Nothing but the same pain he inflicted.
getout,dogsnotpeople,gayrattle r and all the other names you troll the blogs with; you are as insignificant as vick's career,contracts.We always knew he would end up bankrupt, without skills, and eventually incarcerated.
Are we pleased at his self imploding?
Damn right we are happy.
No mercy for the savage!
genevalove

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Die nasty
After Vick pounded his chest; proclaiming die nasty: some arrogant little college, educated journalist asked ookie; "mike what do you mean by dYNASTY?"
Uhoh
asking the va.tech dropout to define the word he just sputtered.His response" it be like people doin stuff.."
You can't make this stuff up.
Here is the ignorance,undisciplined mediocrity, narcissistic sociopathy we call mike Vick.
The eagles organization deserves every negative that comes with aligning with this garbage.You consort with the devil,you get scalded.

Since: Jun 12

Santa Ana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

As expected, the losers spent their Saturday night talking about me. Damn, I on your asses. As I'm sure you know, it will have the same affect as anything else you've done in your lives. Zero.
Poor GD Vick hating pieces of shit just can't get a LIFE. LMGDAO

Santa Ana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Jim Evans Esq wrote:
Wrong again Jimbob. The "experiment" they're talking about was completely the opposite of what you're feeble mind conceived. As I already explained, it has nothing to do with "putting a running back in the QB position" Vick has never been a RB. It has to do with making a running QB into a pocket passer. Damn, how many times do you have to be proven wrong and/or a liar before you'll drop making yourself look stupid ?

Santa Ana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Jim:
An "experiment" and a "gimmick" at putting a running back in the QB position.

VH:
"told his new buddy he was going out as it was Sat. night"

genevalove:
"educated journalist asked ookie; "mike what do you mean by dYNASTY?"
Uhoh
asking the va.tech dropout to define the word he just sputtered.His response" it be like people doin stuff.."

Do you people call each other and decide who's going to lie first ?
Jim Evans Esq

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

genevalove wrote:
<quoted text>
Vavoom : The idiot GO, will just change screen names, and pretend "that s not me, you liars!"
Vick '$ apologists should take a good look in the mirror; look at their priorities,value systems.if you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.Many of us never lost sight to what Vick has always been; a wicked sadistic monster , who loved to cause pain, in those unable to fight back.He was given more opportunities to succeed than anyone deserves.Partly because of his race; things that would never be overlooked or forgiven in a white,middle class athlete, was given a get out of jail freepass (no pun intended!) I mean, being at a drive by shooting at his bday party, while on probation, with no consequences?He was in constant Trouble both at va tech, and atlanta; all incidents hidden or expunged.
A a person who rescues dogss; I am repulsed at the sight and sound of vick.I wish him
Nothing but the same pain he inflicted.
getout,dogsnotpeople,gayrattle r and all the other names you troll the blogs with; you are as insignificant as vick's career,contracts.We always knew he would end up bankrupt, without skills, and eventually incarcerated.
Are we pleased at his self imploding?
Damn right we are happy.
No mercy for the savage!
You're 100% correct about the free passes, Geneva. Without his ability to run and jump better than the average JOE, vick would undoubtedly either be dead right now or locked up in prison. He's a lifelong criminal and thug at his core.

He's made from the same mold as allen iverson, both from the same area.

It will be interesting to see what unfolds within the next few months relative to the dog killer. Will another NFL be desperate and stupid enough to sign the dog killer? Will the Eagles actually be ignorant enough to keep him on? I'm fairly certain some team will be willing to let him drag them down the toilet just like he has done with Atlanta and Philly. We'll just have to watch the comedy run it's course.

Now that the felon's future and outlook isn't that rosy, it'll be interesting to see if he can restrain his criminal tendencies. I'm sure his "handlers" will slowly but surely be falling by the wayside now that his potential ability to earn is dwindling. Without them leading him by the hand, telling him what to say, compiling his written comments, and generally keeping him "restrained", the real vick may just reappear.

Santa Ana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Jim Evans Esq wrote:
<quoted text>
You're 100% correct about the free passes, Geneva. Without his ability to run and jump better than the average JOE, vick would undoubtedly either be dead right now or locked up in prison. He's a lifelong criminal and thug at his core.
It will be interesting to see what unfolds within the next few months relative to the dog killer. Will another NFL be desperate and stupid enough to sign the dog killer? Will the Eagles actually be ignorant enough to keep him on? I'm fairly certain some team will be willing to let him drag them down the toilet just like he has done with Atlanta and Philly. We'll just have to watch the comedy run it's course.
Now that the felon's future and outlook isn't that rosy, it'll be interesting to see if he can restrain his criminal tendencies. I'm sure his "handlers" will slowly but surely be falling by the wayside now that his potential ability to earn is dwindling. Without them leading him by the hand, telling him what to say, compiling his written comments, and generally keeping him "restrained", the real vick may just reappear.
No matter what happens, I'm sure you'll still be here acting like you've done something to affect his career and proving yourself wrong.
genevalove

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Jim Evans Esq wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that the felon's future and outlook isn't that rosy, it'll be interesting to see if he
can restrain his criminal tendencies. I'm sure his "handlers" will slowly but surely be falling by the wayside now that his potential ability to earn is dwindli.ng. Without them leading him by the hand, telling him what to say, compiling his written comments, and generally keeping him "restrained", the real vick may just reappear.
Whatever happens, will be blamed on others.Jim, keys hope he fulfills his "destiny"incarcerati on,or death by drive by.
Yeah, now that his worth to the nfl has dropped considerably,no one will cover for him.i imagine,he has made lots of enemies, and where he is from, everyone iscarrying.
Whatever happens,hope it hurts alot. He doesn't tolerate pain well, even though he enjoys fooling it out!
genevalove

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Get-Out wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter what happens, I'm sure you'll still be here acting like you've done something to affect his career and proving yourself wrong.
Anyone read vicks book?hear, ItS on the nytimes best seller list!
As articulate and intellectually endowed as ookie is; I imagine one can pick up a copy, along with some v7 attire for a "$teal!"

Santa Ana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

genevalove wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone read vicks book?hear, ItS on the nytimes best seller list!
As articulate and intellectually endowed as ookie is; I imagine one can pick up a copy, along with some v7 attire for a "$teal!"
Why the hell would I care ? Oh right, reinforcing your lie that I'm a Vick fan. Carry on.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Koy Detmer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Andy Reid: Philadelphia Eagles Coach Is an Abso... (Jun '11) Jun '11 plucky 60
Eagles Wanted Aikman To Sub For McNabb (Aug '10) Aug '10 jerseytomato 1
Men on the Move: Which Eagles QB Is on His Way ... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Coffee 1
Would St. Louis Be a Good Fit for Michael Vick? (Jan '10) Jan '10 New York 10
Eagles provide 'comfort level' for QBs (Oct '09) Oct '09 Boo Hoo 2
Trip to Oakland highlights Eagles' QB tutoring (Oct '09) Oct '09 Tina 2
McNabb Taken Off Field With Right Knee Injury (Nov '06) Nov '08 Brad Hegyi Throws... 20
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Koy Detmer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••