Raiders lose LT Veldheer to torn triceps

Raiders lose LT Veldheer to torn triceps

There are 14 comments on the The Daily Republic story from Aug 14, 2013, titled Raiders lose LT Veldheer to torn triceps. In it, The Daily Republic reports that:

The Oakland Raiders sustained a significant blow Wednesday with the news that starting left tackle Jared Veldheer will need surgery on his torn left triceps and will miss a significant portion of the upcoming season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Republic.

The Autumn Wind

Fairfield, CA

#1 Aug 15, 2013
Nooooooooo!!
RaiderFaith

Clayton, NC

#2 Aug 15, 2013
Let's hope Barron steps up.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#3 Aug 15, 2013
That's a huge hit for the OL. I hope the next man up can get the job done.
Mr Raider

United States

#4 Aug 15, 2013
Watson needs to stop getting injured !

“Undertaker Raiders Simona S”

Since: Apr 11

The Blackhole

#5 Aug 15, 2013
This really sucks. Hopefully the replacement is decent
Miguelscottbeltr an

United States

#6 Aug 15, 2013
Fffff this sucks
Rock2hardbully

Yorktown, VA

#7 Aug 15, 2013
Tuff lose for us now its up to Barron or whoever will replace him to step up in a big way Veldheer was a big part in that oline and for the team period lets see wat happen only time will tell!!!!
NJ Raider

Parlin, NJ

#8 Aug 16, 2013
Barron is not the answer. We better start looking at the waiver wire and cut lists. If Barron lines up at tackle we better line up the TE and have 2 blockers to protect whoever is the QB.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#9 Aug 16, 2013
NJ Raider wrote:
Barron is not the answer. We better start looking at the waiver wire and cut lists. If Barron lines up at tackle we better line up the TE and have 2 blockers to protect whoever is the QB.
i agree and i said the same about looking for a free agent but barron just got here and got thrown into the lions. plus he's not the only weak link. so can't just blame him. he just needs to be fine tuned. mckenzie say's he's not goin to just go and get into the waiver wire just because of one player. these guys on the (O) just need to get healthy! plus, i really don't belive we have the best of the best line out there. five sacks so far in the first half? c'mon man!
RAIDERS 2013!!!!
Rock2hardbully

Richmond, VA

#10 Aug 16, 2013
It's going to be a ruff year for whoever the qb going to be Barron the whole damn line was gettin beat tonite not lookin good for up ever qb was runnin for their life tonite they made the saints defense look like their a top defense in the league unacceptable just awful!!!
RaiderFaith

Clayton, NC

#11 Aug 16, 2013
Coaching made adjustments 2nd quarter and Flynn had a nice drive. I think we will be OK.
Rock2hardbully wrote:
It's going to be a ruff year for whoever the qb going to be Barron the whole damn line was gettin beat tonite not lookin good for up ever qb was runnin for their life tonite they made the saints defense look like their a top defense in the league unacceptable just awful!!!

raider4life

Since: Dec 12

Honolulu, Hi

#12 Aug 16, 2013
Rock2hardbully wrote:
hopefully get healthy and have are guys ready for regular season...looked like the saints were playing with 13 guys on defense....our o line needs a lot of work

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

#13 Aug 17, 2013
Baron is garbage

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#14 Aug 17, 2013
He might be done for the year I heard...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Khalif Barnes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thompson: Time for Raiders to clean house, again (Nov '14) Nov '14 Rod 5
News Which Raiders rookies look to have immediate im... (May '14) May '14 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 10
News Oakland Raiders re-sign lineman Khalif Barnes (Feb '14) Mar '14 SIlver Fan 9
News Oakland Raiders OL Priorities: Re-Sign Jared Ve... (Jan '14) Jan '14 The Autumn Wind 2
News What position the Raiders position is in: Guard... (Jan '14) Jan '14 raider4life 4
News Oakland Raiders notebook: Backup quarterback Ma... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Laughing Bear Fan 2
News Raiders: Woodson's homecoming shows he's here t... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Flynnished 11
More from around the web