Racial shots at Jacksonville cross the line

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

No outrage whatsoever. No newspaper columnists calling for him to be suspended. No TV commentators calling for him to be fined.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 46 of46
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Mr Yu

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2007

Bibliophile11 wrote:
<quoted text>
I did. But like so much else, it went right over your head.
Right , keep telling yoorself that.
Mr Yu

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2007

Pardon the typo.
water

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2007

This is a perfact example of it's not what is said but who says it. First off, football players get paid WAY TOO MUCH for doing a job only a few dozen times a year. What a scam. Seond, if this so-called athlete is in the public eye, he really should watch what he says because there are little kids out there that look up to him. What a role model!!!! Why isnt Jesse Jackson going after him? Oh yea thats right, the racist is black.

Since: Mar 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2007

Bibliophile11 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do we white people have to worry about labels? When was it a disadvantage to be called white? When did being called white mean you couldn't get a job, or be served in a restaurant, or get an education, or ask the police to save you from lynching?
And yes, speech can be racist -- in the extreme. If you don't think so, you either have some weird standards, or you don't get out much.
BACK IN THE THE GOOD OLD CLINTON ERA BEING A WHITE MALE MEANT THE WHITE MALE COULD NOT GET A JOB IN FEDERAL LAW ENFORCEMENT BECAUSE THEY WERE ONLY HIRING WOMEN,OR PEOPLE OF COLOR BUT PREFERED WOMEN OF COLOR THE FAMOUS TWOFER THE CLINTONS WERE SO PROUD OF. I NEVER CHECKED TO SEE IF ALL OTHER FED JOBS WERE THIS WAY. MY SONS ROOMMATE WAS A VICTIM OF THIS CRIME.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2007

Well, if he "can't wait" to get out of Florida....has anyone showed him where the Airport is there?....Delta is ready when you are buddy!!!......

He made the comment that the police, "white KKK devil who hates all colored people."...indeed....real ly...
Have you all been to downtown JAX by the football stadium?.....if you go there, you are taking your life in your own hands....the police do little to protect people in that area from carjackings, shootings, drugs,...after dark you are lucky to see a policeman in downtown JAX!
Sandra

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2007

I stumbled across this forum while researching for a presentation on racism in Jacksonville. This football player's behavior was over the top, but some of his rantings are truth-based. When you have free time google these terms:
hammerskins +jacksonville
kkk+jacksonville
hate-crime+jacksonville
You'll be shocked to see that racism is very alive and well, and INCREASING in Jacksonville. I was harassed several times while shopping alone with my very small son, and was frightened by the hatred (and conferate flag tattoos on the perpetrators). Then I realized that they all looked similiar and contacted the police. I was told that this is a new trend. Right now we are all threatened by racism. It goes all ways, but the violence is was really scares me. I had no idea that a woman and child are not safe on the streets of this beautiful city. I wish I had more time to share more information. My report will be presented

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 46 of46
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••