Raiders most in-demand team in free a...

Raiders most in-demand team in free agency

There are 4 comments on the Silver And Black Pride story from Mar 23, 2012, titled Raiders most in-demand team in free agency. In it, Silver And Black Pride reports that:

Free agency is a week and a half in and the free agents for each team has seen the first and second wave pass.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Silver And Black Pride.

Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#1 Mar 23, 2012
Training camp fodder is needed league wide. Bring on the Raider FA's

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#2 Mar 23, 2012
hey, i was going to write everything this guy wrote on silver and black pride. but, he saved me a lot of time! anyways,
spud mckenzie is said to be looking for a "starting" (OLB). i guess this means he's finally going to get a "known" name?
RAIDERS 2012!!!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#3 Mar 23, 2012
RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
hey, i was going to write everything this guy wrote on silver and black pride. but, he saved me a lot of time! anyways,
spud mckenzie is said to be looking for a "starting" (OLB). i guess this means he's finally going to get a "known" name?
RAIDERS 2012!!!
I'd say Manny Lawson and Curtis Lofton are the best available there. I'd like us to also sign TE Visanthe Shiancoe. Plus we need depth at DL and a #2 QB.

“RAIDERS 2016--JUST WIN BABY!”

Since: Jul 11

Michigan

#4 Mar 23, 2012
TexasRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd say Manny Lawson and Curtis Lofton are the best available there. I'd like us to also sign TE Visanthe Shiancoe. Plus we need depth at DL and a #2 QB.
Wow...Ditto, TR. Hit it on the head. I agree completely.

I would love to see Lawson, but I think his salary might put him out of our league.....what's he getting--about 3 Mil or more?. I don't see us signing anyone in the 3-5 Mil range. Not this year anyway.

Lofton, maybe....but he seems to be looking for a lot more $$ too.......and he seems to be more of a run-stopper ILB. Personally, I'm still on the McLain bandwagon unless we go 3-4.

I agree those are the 2 best out there, though.

I like Shiancoe too. But I wouldn't pay a lot of $$ to a TE that we aren't gong to throw to. I think Myers can catch (and probably Ausberry too) and block and Gordon can block. I think Carson is more of a down-field thrower to his WR's anyway--although I'd like to see him use his TE's for a check-down more often if they are running routes.

I also agree with depth at DL and #2 QB (tho that's at bottom of list)....bring back Gradkowski--the league's best backup QB!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Khalif Barnes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thompson: Time for Raiders to clean house, again (Nov '14) Nov '14 Rod 5
News Which Raiders rookies look to have immediate im... (May '14) May '14 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 10
News Oakland Raiders re-sign lineman Khalif Barnes (Feb '14) Mar '14 SIlver Fan 9
News Oakland Raiders OL Priorities: Re-Sign Jared Ve... (Jan '14) Jan '14 The Autumn Wind 2
News What position the Raiders position is in: Guard... (Jan '14) Jan '14 raider4life 4
News Oakland Raiders notebook: Backup quarterback Ma... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Laughing Bear Fan 2
News Raiders: Woodson's homecoming shows he's here t... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Flynnished 11
More from around the web