Jags' Richard Collier paralyzed, has lower leg amputated

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

Richard Collier is lucky to be alive, but he will never play football again. The former Jaguars offensive lineman is paralyzed from the waist down and had his left leg amputated after being shot 14 times in the ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 39 Comments Last updated Oct 1, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ellis

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2008

May God be with you in your recovery. Keep the
Faith, and never give up.

God Bless You
Go Jags

Deland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2008

What a dumb post James. You must be proud of yourself.
grrr

Conway, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2008

To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;
To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;
To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
This is to have succeeded.

Hang in there, Richard!
good man

Orange Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2008

this is a good man who was shot by a waste of life loser who deserves to get what he deserves when jso finds his as-s.i think the jags need to put collier in the ring of honor with boselli.im sorry for you rc hang in there.regards the jag nationnnnnnnnnnnn
Del

Longwood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2008

So sad.
Judy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2008

It is so sad to hear about this. It breaks my heart, You are in my prayers Richard. God Bless You.
Hey Boy

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2008

Tell us Boy, he's another personal friend, you're praying for him, you care about his family, you hang out with him, he means a lot to you; you giant BSer!
Hey Boy

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2008

Judy wrote:
It is so sad to hear about this. It breaks my heart, You are in my prayers Richard. God Bless You.
Here we go with your crap.
crazy4staley

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2008

Who in the WORLD deserves to be shot FOURTEEN TIMES????? Whoever it was that did this, sure as hell knew how to ruin a great football career. Unbelievable. Think before you use guns, people, they just make you STUPID. I hope he gets through this, although I don't know how that's possible. Good luck, Mr. Collier, some people are thinking of you tonight :)
JagFan

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2008

God bless him in his recovery.
Hansel and Gretel

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2008

crazy4staley wrote:
Who in the WORLD deserves to be shot FOURTEEN TIMES????? Whoever it was that did this, sure as hell knew how to ruin a great football career. Unbelievable. Think before you use guns, people, they just make you STUPID. I hope he gets through this, although I don't know how that's possible. Good luck, Mr. Collier, some people are thinking of you tonight :)
In the hood, the bros get jealous if you make lots of cash, real jealous.
John

Palm Coast, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2008

Sad to say, but if he never played football, nobody would even care. This stuff happens every day, but when it happens to people who are famous, it makes news and people all over will be praying for him.
They should be praying for all the people who are in this condition, not just because they are famous.
Physiccks

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2008

JagFan wrote:
God bless him in his recovery.
Just yesterday you're a Bucs fan, WTF?, You got the BS. Good stuff, eh.
Jeffrey

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2008

John wrote:
Sad to say, but if he never played football, nobody would even care. This stuff happens every day, but when it happens to people who are famous, it makes news and people all over will be praying for him.
They should be praying for all the people who are in this condition, not just because they are famous.
Ur a deek, these people will never read, or care what you say! you know that!
BoneBrain Fixer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2008

John wrote:
So, you have a praying network, so as to certify, this "Praying Crap"? What's the Link diclong?
JGJ

Erwin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2008

My thoughts and prayers are with RC and his family.

Hang in there, bro.
eastcoaster

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2008

Hansel and Gretel wrote:
<quoted text>In the hood, the bros get jealous if you make lots of cash, real jealous.
Well he wasn't in "the hood" when he was shot. It seems obvious that someone was out to end his NFL career though. With 14 shots, one would think someone would be dead. My thoughts are with him and his family, hoping that he has a speedy recovery.
ESAD

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2008

Sad....
Wishing him well. Be thankful for survival. Maybe it isn't quite enough but since we do not know what is on the other side....just gotta take what you have left. Godspeed baby.
Anonymous William

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2008

crazy4staley wrote:
You do, for being a schlong bag.
Anonymous Craigory

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2008

eastcoaster wrote:
<quoted text>
Well he wasn't in "the hood" when he was shot. It seems obvious that someone was out to end his NFL career though. With 14 shots, one would think someone would be dead. My thoughts are with him and his family, hoping that he has a speedy recovery.
Then may we request you make love to his big blk butt, then explode in glory, loser boy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••