Raiders second-round pick re-injures ...

Raiders second-round pick re-injures calf

There are 4 comments on the The Miami Herald story from Aug 7, 2013, titled Raiders second-round pick re-injures calf. In it, The Miami Herald reports that:

Second-round draft pick Menelik Watson's first practice of training camp lasted less than 30 minutes Thursday before the Oakland Raiders' offensive lineman left the field after re-injuring a calf muscle in his left leg.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Miami Herald.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#1 Aug 7, 2013
(LOL), awww shi-et! man!, did i make this comment earlier or was i thinking it? that these guys were going to try to come back to train sooner than they were supposed to and re-injure themselves again? you know, i can understand their point of trying to make the team and i can understand d allen wanting them back as soon as possible to form a team but regardless of the situation, these guys have to heal correctly or have to deal with this exact situation again and make things worse and have to wait longer. i don't know, maybe i was thinking about dj hayden and his small (hami), now, you all probably heard of how hayden is so "spunky" energizer bunny hard working anxious type of player trying to prove to his coaches that he was the right pick. but, a hamstring injury? he has to be careful to re-injure that (hami). we know he will sit this game out which is fine, but is that enough time? hamstrings usually last a decently long time., now allen mentioned that it wasn't bad and that he was held out because of his stomach thing, but, he has a hamstring pull?! i bet he sits out the following preseason as well!
RAIDERS 2013!!!
Captain Canada

Canada

#2 Aug 8, 2013
Hey Real Misterio! Every team is going through some real and some pseudo injuries in camp right now. Coaches and players biggest nightmare is having the real injuries prior to the regular season. I'm fairly certain (because everyone's jobs are on the line), that they will be extra cautious with their high draft picks. I am looking forward to seeing a healthy Hayden and Watson when September rolls around, and don't really care if it's sooner than that.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#3 Aug 8, 2013
I hope Hayden returns to his college form

“Undertaker Raiders Simona S”

Since: Apr 11

The Blackhole

#4 Aug 8, 2013
This really sucks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Khalif Barnes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thompson: Time for Raiders to clean house, again (Nov '14) Nov '14 Rod 5
News Which Raiders rookies look to have immediate im... (May '14) May '14 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 10
News Oakland Raiders re-sign lineman Khalif Barnes (Feb '14) Mar '14 SIlver Fan 9
News Oakland Raiders OL Priorities: Re-Sign Jared Ve... (Jan '14) Jan '14 The Autumn Wind 2
News What position the Raiders position is in: Guard... (Jan '14) Jan '14 raider4life 4
News Oakland Raiders notebook: Backup quarterback Ma... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Laughing Bear Fan 2
News Raiders: Woodson's homecoming shows he's here t... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Flynnished 11
More from around the web