Top Stories - Jaguars Wide Receiver A...

Top Stories - Jaguars Wide Receiver Arrested on Gun Theft Charges

There are 11 comments on the First Coast News Jacksonville story from Mar 12, 2007, titled Top Stories - Jaguars Wide Receiver Arrested on Gun Theft Charges. In it, First Coast News Jacksonville reports that:

Jacksonville Jaguars receiver Charles D. Sharon was charged with stealing a handgun that police found under the seat of his sport utility vehicle during a drug-related search, officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at First Coast News Jacksonville.

Trish

United States

#1 Mar 12, 2007
Kick him out of NFL - NFL has no morals to harbor criminals. There are pleanty of decent athletes out there - why should we spend our hard earned money supporting crime!
Woody Bunch

Yulee, FL

#2 Mar 12, 2007
Cut this guy. He's never played anyway!!!!
Thom

Jacksonville, FL

#3 Mar 12, 2007
Why are we having another example of a professional sports player breaking the law and "getting away with it?" Will any of the professional leagues (i.e. NFL, NBA, MLB, and etc.) finally do something about these types of inappropriate behavior? I find it disgusting that my tax dollars and my hard earned money if being spent to pay for these people. If the leagues don't so something about this very soon, I believe that it will be wiser for me to stay home and watch the games: I have to pay the cable and DIRECTTV bills anyway. At least my money will not be spent for bad behavior.
GRS

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#4 Mar 12, 2007
Enough is ENOUGH! Cut the drug using, gun using, wanna be gangsters out of the game. It should be in th teams side of the ontract! The Jags have lost a potential fan, I'll be rooting against them till they clean their act up!
Grant

Jacksonville, FL

#5 Mar 12, 2007
Mr. Weaver needs to set an example of all these lawbreakers...cut them all from the team! I'm sure there are SOME players who want to play football and are law abiding and will make us proud...instead of disappointed.
Mark

Jacksonville, FL

#6 Mar 12, 2007
How much does he earn a year? He couldn't have just spent the $500 and bought one? This one is gonna cost a lot more than that.
386boy

Alice, TX

#7 Mar 12, 2007
Man this is sad... the issue here is that he is too close to home to focus, jacksonville and palatka are close, but it is easy to get misguided when you come from a small town and made it, now you have a lil money and it becomes somewhat vindictive when you fall back in the bad thigns that you left..I think he should be cut, he should have never left his old team
BOO7

Jacksonville, FL

#8 Mar 12, 2007
Well he's not a gangsta or a thug. I've heard several different stories.I believe you should check and be certain of the facts before you start making such accusations or start assassinating peoples character. Let's get real, plenty of people such as teachers, government personel, law officials, etc. smoke marijuana. If you believe they don't you live in a bubble. They are human. I could see if this was a repeat offense. If he was a critical player on the team would you be sitting around saying the same thing or would you cross your fingers and hope they beat the charges.
JagVol

Riverdale, MI

#9 Mar 12, 2007
another great example of thuggery by a Jaguar. When are we going to hold Jack Del Rio and Shaq Harris accountable for the lack of character on this team. Its obvious these guys have no respect for the game or their stature in this city. CUT'EM LOOSE!!!!!!!
Mrs Brin

Jacksonville, FL

#10 Mar 12, 2007
That's it!!! Start doing backgrounds on these guys and popping drug test on them. What a shame...work all your life to make a name for yourself and then screw it up buy stealing a freakin gun....I think he should be stripped of all his wealth because he knew he was getting away with something and he kept going...Thats what bank does. How embarassing...I will no longer support the Jaguars. I will go for the Patriots...
BOO7

Jacksonville, FL

#11 Mar 13, 2007
You know what's really ashame is that how is he going to steal a gun when he was in Ohio in College. You people are so judgemental.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Khalif Barnes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thompson: Time for Raiders to clean house, again (Nov '14) Nov '14 Rod 5
News Which Raiders rookies look to have immediate im... (May '14) May '14 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 10
News Oakland Raiders re-sign lineman Khalif Barnes (Feb '14) Mar '14 SIlver Fan 9
News Oakland Raiders OL Priorities: Re-Sign Jared Ve... (Jan '14) Jan '14 The Autumn Wind 2
News What position the Raiders position is in: Guard... (Jan '14) Jan '14 raider4life 4
News Oakland Raiders notebook: Backup quarterback Ma... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Laughing Bear Fan 2
News Raiders: Woodson's homecoming shows he's here t... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Flynnished 11
More from around the web