Colts await official word from Glenn

Colts await official word from Glenn

There are 46 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jul 23, 2007, titled Colts await official word from Glenn. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

The Indianapolis Colts won't pressure Tarik Glenn into making an official announcement regarding his retirement, or lobby him to return for an 11th season, president Bill Polian said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Tom Pain

Palo Alto, CA

#41 Jul 24, 2007
I'd like Tarik to play...but if his heart is not "in it", then he won't play to potential...might as well "move on".
Woof Woof

Indianapolis, IN

#42 Jul 24, 2007
If he was going to quit he should have done so at the end of last season. There should be something in their contract that puts a time limit on this kind of crap. Sounds to me like he's trying to get more money.
Arrbee

Jasper, IN

#43 Jul 24, 2007
It might be about the money although he might be thinking of the retired players that need a cane to walk around! As great of a player as Tarik is, you have to think about the future!
Matt

Fishers, IN

#44 Jul 24, 2007
Nobody said that we would hate him if he left. He is obviously a favorite around here in Indy. But if he's going to retire, why come out and say it the week before training camp starts. That's just irresponsible. It's like any other business. If you are leaving a position, you give a reasonable amount of notice time before you actually intend on leaving so that they can fill the position. You don't have to, but it's common courtesy. I don't hate Tarik, nor will I if he leaves, but giving the Colts' some time to plan would have been helpful.
Woeee wrote:
Leave the man alone! If he stays he's a great guy!
If he goes, he was no good..Make up your minds you idiots...
Who Cares??/
Glenn

Chicago, IL

#45 Jul 24, 2007
Well it sucks he retired BUT he turned out to be a GREAT draft pick. Some of his false starts use to annoy me but let's face it, this guy was a PREMIERE left tackle and he is going out ON TOP. Nicely done and GREAT career Tarik. I am glas the Colts drafted you, that you got to protect one of the greatest QB's of all time, that you were a Pro Bowler and that you went out on top - having won the Superbowl AND been a Pro Bowl player your last year. You will not be replaced easily and I am sure I will grow to realize just how good you really were.
Glenn

Chicago, IL

#46 Jul 24, 2007
PS and let's not forget Tarik was the left tackle for a team that won 2 rushing titles during E James 1st 2 years. He also lead an O-Line that consitently allowed the fewest or close to the fewest sacks in the league. Not to mention at least 2 years when James did not win the rushing title, he finshed 100-200 yards back. Great job Tarik. You'll be missed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keyunta Dawson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ask the experts (Mar '09) Oct '16 T Lahr 3
News Do the Colts have too many D-tackles and when w... (Apr '10) Apr '10 beardy117 1
News NFL Inactives (Sep '09) Oct '09 Home Super Bowl 2010 4
News What Colts starter would you like replaced? (Apr '09) Apr '09 Bacon 2
News Indianapolis Colts starting defensive tackle Ed... (Sep '08) Sep '08 The Master 8
News Defense disappoints (Jan '08) Jan '08 Mike 32
News Portrait of a beat-up team (Nov '07) Nov '07 Bill from Orlando 23
More from around the web