Keyshawn Johnson considers returning ...

Keyshawn Johnson considers returning to league

There are 133 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Feb 19, 2008, titled Keyshawn Johnson considers returning to league. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

After sitting out the 2007 season Keyshawn Johnson openly admits he still has the itch to play football.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Cobra Commander

United States

#22 Feb 20, 2008
We don't want this guy he's horrible!!!!! Say No Big Tuna!!!
funny

Boynton Beach, FL

#23 Feb 20, 2008
Dolphinsfan wrote:
The way that it's looking we could see the Miami Cowboys vs the New England Dolphins next season.
That was great! I couldn't have said it better myself. But as a Dolphin Fan, anything to help us win, Cowboys, Jets, Bucs, or Bears, will take em!
Bill Parcells

Miami, FL

#24 Feb 20, 2008
I'm not leaving the Dolphins to go coach Alabama.
Michael Alexander

New York, NY

#25 Feb 20, 2008
Fair Hooker wrote:
This man, Keyshawn, a gigantically pathetic personality. Supposed to be a commentator now and he spends his time in the airwaves discussing how he has had truckloads of offers to return so he can battle to be a top receiver on a par with the better receivers. I saw him on Monday on the Rome is Burning when ESPN apparently desperate for an emergency host let him take Rome's place and he just talked about himself and how he was considering this return to do a favor for some team in the league.
A manure of a role model for anyone that wants to have zero modesty and class. GO AWAY... Maybe the Tuna Parcells can use you as one of his couch cushions for his right buttock to keep a giant hemorrhoid that TO gave Parcells at peace.
First of all Keyshawn would be miopic to even think of giving up his ESPN job. He does have a career in broadcast no matter what you think of him. ESPN is in need of recently retired football players who can articulate themselves on the air. Unlike Emmit Smith who may return but who is not at all a natural for television. I saw Keyshawn on "Rome is Burning" also and much of what he says is scripted by the producers. The bottom line is ESPN wants and needs him and Parcells should hire him for training camp to coach Ginn how to run a route and then send him back to broadcasting with ESPN!
nomuzlimprez

United States

#26 Feb 20, 2008
yeah! right!

bill and keyshawn NEVER have talked about the dolphins.

not ONE wiff from any team in 15 months and now all of a sudden key has the "itch" to return. hmmmm....

what it is looking like is we are passing on guys like algae crumpler while courting MEshawn.

GREAT!!
Jeff M

Lawrenceville, GA

#27 Feb 20, 2008

This is just great, we let the best player that's ever put on a dolphin uniform walk out the front door and now I hear the Patriots have offered him a contract. If this is true I hope him and Welker send Bill some tickets to next years super bowl. It's moves like this that have killed us in the past and will come back to haunt us in the near future..
NO Way

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#28 Feb 20, 2008
The Dolphins do not need a slow, old wide receiver, who was barley above average in his prime.
Westsider jandoh

Miami, FL

#30 Feb 20, 2008
Dr Bendover wrote:
Hey WestSider, Just wondering if you remember our little bet? I was wondering if you were going to honor it like a man or if your going to slip in that puddle of VaginalSecretion between your legs, bang your head and claim amnesia? Just in case you forgot it weht something like this:
|Report Abuse |#18 Nov 22, 2007
Dr Bendover wrote:
Anyone wants to bet that Cam is gone next year? Lay you 10-1 odds he's gone..
I'll do you one better than that, Mr. "I-don't-know-a-GD-thing- about-football-but-I-love-to-m ake-comments-on-a-football-for um-anyway"
I'll lay you '100-1' odds, on on a 'Ben Franklin,' that he's the head coach when the Dolphins take the field for the first game next September.
Do I hear you taking the bet ?
Or do I hear your mommy calling you to take your little brother outside and play with him?
It's one thing to join the conversation .... it's quite another to just say or do something stupid, like you and your buddies did, in this clip !!
< www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/1195/> ; ;
And just in case you forgot here is a link to the original article:
http://www.topix.com/forum/ncaa/michigan/TC6R...
$100.00 billswill do just fine bud!
If you don't believe I had lunch with Cameron you can call his secretary. I just pissed away more football knowledge than you know. Boy I miss you idiots.
Jack

Cape Coral, FL

#31 Feb 20, 2008
Marty Booker is the worst reciever in the history of the NFL....
joe bagadonuts key largo

Miami, FL

#32 Feb 20, 2008
sign with a winner,not a loser,

“Everything changes.”

Since: Nov 07

Hollywood, FL

#33 Feb 20, 2008
Westsider jandoh wrote:
<quoted text>If you don't believe I had lunch with Cameron you can call his secretary. I just pissed away more football knowledge than you know. Boy I miss you idiots.
nice try bendy...
John

Dover, FL

#34 Feb 20, 2008
I like Keyshawn and I thought he did a decent job commentating. But, I don't think he should come back. If I remember during his last season before retiring I thought he appeared slow. I don't understand why he would want to subject himself to the rigors of football when he has a cushy job as a commentator. Why risk it. Anyway good luck Keyshawn I enjoyed watching you when you played and you were fearless.
Ghost of Dolphin Denny

United States

#35 Feb 20, 2008
Bill Parcells wrote:
I'm not leaving the Dolphins to go coach Alabama.
You're not even coaching the Dolphins you fat slob.....You're the GM or whatever your title is and history suggests you're not that great at it
NO WAY

Miami, FL

#36 Feb 20, 2008
The Dolphins dont need this old hack! Too much mouth and not enough action. Move on to the "youth movement".
dolphiondonnieof na

AOL

#37 Feb 20, 2008
me shawn in miami?and why is everybody saying he could show ginn a thing or two?he couldnt hold ginns jock!stay in the booth me shawn!you have no bizniz with the fish!crist!you couldnt even hold a job in carolina!and they were desperate!

Since: Dec 07

United States

#39 Feb 20, 2008
Fair Hooker wrote:
This man, Keyshawn, a gigantically pathetic personality. Supposed to be a commentator now and he spends his time in the airwaves discussing how he has had truckloads of offers to return so he can battle to be a top receiver on a par with the better receivers. I saw him on Monday on the Rome is Burning when ESPN apparently desperate for an emergency host let him take Rome's place and he just talked about himself and how he was considering this return to do a favor for some team in the league.
A manure of a role model for anyone that wants to have zero modesty and class. GO AWAY... Maybe the Tuna Parcells can use you as one of his couch cushions for his right buttock to keep a giant hemorrhoid that TO gave Parcells at peace.
Are you still hung up on his rookie/early year antics and book "just give me the damn ball"?

'Cause I generally dislike any SC graduate (especially mouthy WRs), but I think Keyshawn has been a damn solid citizen since he left TB, where his antics as it turns out aren't enough to preclude him from considering rejoining the Bucs if he returns.

I say this because I, like you, have an image of keyshawn that I don't like. But I've also seen a more mature side of keyshawn the last few years (his hosting of Rome notwithstanding), and think that 70 catches and 800+ yards of offense would be a really nice addition for a talented young QB to throw to.

Remember, Keyshawn IS a Parcells guy, and Parcells DOES bring his guys in frequently.

Since: Dec 07

United States

#40 Feb 20, 2008
Westsider jandoh wrote:
<quoted text>If you don't believe I had lunch with Cameron you can call his secretary. I just pissed away more football knowledge than you know. Boy I miss you idiots.
Uh, I'm flattered that I'm so important you'd spoof my name in a post, but I am not westsider. If you were as knowlegable as you claim to be, you'd know that.

Westsider: former NFL scout that DOES know the people he told you he knew (don't get all jealous now), and staunch republican. I'm guessing he's in his 60s.

Jahndoh: just a rabid dolphin fan who drinks up any dolphins info he can find, doesn't know any NFL brass to speak of, and to hold the stereotype true, a bleeding heart liberal. Oh yeah, I'm 36.

If you have someone welch on a bet is this your M.O.? You just hit up everyone else in hopes someone will pay the absconded debt?

For the record, I don't lay 100-1 odds...unless you want to bet that your IQ is higher then mine, in which case, I'll make an exception.

Good day sir.
Jack

Bernville, PA

#41 Feb 20, 2008
JET FAN wrote:
While the Awfulins continue to farm New England. Keyshawn Johnson? I could see him yelling at Beck. "Just throw me the the damn ball!!" Nice! Mentor? Give me a break. It would be another Loser move that you losers are good at.
It's kinda hilarious. Everytime you losers cut a player Belecheat like some old dog in the neighborhood is right there sniffin the butt of the new dog in town. Then he mounts em' and the next thing you know..more baby patriots!!!! It's disgusting!
Jet fans like fondling little boys. Seriously.
Roger

AOL

#43 Feb 20, 2008
The pathetic Fish need all the help they can get....LMAO
CocoLoco Moco

Waterbury, VT

#44 Feb 20, 2008
NothingFairAboutStupidity wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are a "gigantically pathetic" fool. It's obvious that you used spell check to write this comment, because anyone who has such a lack of understanding of the English language could not possibly put together this many words without misspelling a few. Unfortunately for you they do not have idiot-check built into Word yet. Hang in there smart guy, perhaps someday Bill Gates will come out with the new and improved MS Wordfordrunkassholes 2.0. Keep writing stupid comments like this and that day may be sooner than you think! Supply and demand...America, what a country!
Hey, who cares about the damn spelling? I read it and understood it just fine. Perhaps you are the idiot that can't read anything unless it is correctly spelled. I would imagine that those that can read both perfectly written and otherwise are better off than STUPID morons that can't. Does the shoe fit? So stick to discussions at hand and let the editing crap to the teacbers SMART A S S.

I happen to agree with the post about KJ. He too is an A S S. Unfortunately, the Fins need an instant fix at some positions even if for just a season or two until we get the rookies more experienced. I mean we still do have Ricky. He's no role model either.

DID I SPELL EVERYTHING RIGHT? ARE ALL MY PUNCTUATIONS CORRECT? I F%%CKING HATE SMART A S S E S THAT LOVE TO EDIT THESE POSTS. DAMN MORONS!!

HOOKER..I like your posts. I don't give a c r a p about spelling. I can still read it just fine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keyshawn Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Another DWI charge for Panthers WR, former USC ... (Oct '10) Oct '10 More DWIs than NF... 9
News Carolina Panthers Cut Keyshawn Johnson (May '07) Jun '10 CR-Hetheringtons-Ex 86
News Keyshawn Johnson-owned company wins $1 million ... (Sep '08) Sep '08 olivia 2
News Panthers turn back clock with Muhammad (Jul '08) Jul '08 yawningman 1
News Keyshawn in No Rush to Join New Team (May '07) Jul '08 Head ball coach 12
Keyshawn Johnson, ESPN Revenge of the Jocks, & ... (Jun '08) Jun '08 Younghollywood 1
News Panthers turn to veteran receivers Hackett, Muh... (May '08) May '08 Ernie 1
More from around the web