Steelers-Eagles Game Notes

Aug 9, 2008 Full story: Pittsburgh Steelers 8

Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Philadelphia Eagles August 8, 2008 Pittsburgh Team Notes: Pittsburgh improved to 105-94-1 in the preseason.

Read more
Steeler-Faithful -In-Jax

Saint Marys, GA

#1 Aug 9, 2008
I just saw that the Steelers are looking at Byron "two left feet and a IQ of 2" as a backup for the injured Charlie Batch. After living in Jacksonville most of my life as a STEELERS fan, I almost choked and have not recovered yet that Tomlin would allow something so horribly wrong to happen. The city cheered when Byron finally left town. The Jaguar faithfuls prayed for years for the coaching and management staff in Alltel to wake up and let this bum go. There has to be a better QB available out there. For the Steelers to consider "BEGONE LEFT-OR-WHICH" is a catastrophic mistake. Please Pittsburgh nation do not let this happen quietly. PLEASE!!!!

Since: Apr 08

Omaha, NE

#2 Aug 11, 2008
We signed him. That's that. We'll see how he plays.

LZ

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

Butler, PA

#3 Aug 11, 2008
He is just a backup who will fill in for the next two months. As soon as Charlie heals up he's our #2 guy. I don't know what they will do with Leftwich. Probably pay his salary and let him go.

Omaha, NE

#4 Aug 13, 2008
To be honest...I think Batch is gonna be cut. I don't see him getting on IR, his injury is not that severe...and I don't see him in the Steelers' future due to cap reasons. Sad as it may be.

LZ

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Butler, PA

#5 Aug 13, 2008
LZ-Steel wrote:
To be honest...I think Batch is gonna be cut. I don't see him getting on IR, his injury is not that severe...and I don't see him in the Steelers' future due to cap reasons. Sad as it may be.
LZ
You may be right. I like Charlie but perhaps this is his time to move into coaching. If leftwich is better for the team I'm all for keeping him. It seems like a good move financially too. I'm in a wait and see mode right now. We'll know a little more after the game but not much more. Charlie knows the offense and is like a second coach/pair of eyes to Ben. I don't know what attributes leftwich brings.

Omaha, NE

#6 Aug 20, 2008
Bob Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
You may be right. I like Charlie but perhaps this is his time to move into coaching. If leftwich is better for the team I'm all for keeping him. It seems like a good move financially too. I'm in a wait and see mode right now. We'll know a little more after the game but not much more. Charlie knows the offense and is like a second coach/pair of eyes to Ben. I don't know what attributes leftwich brings.
I agree. Although I don't think Leftwich is the right answer for this team. The guy has a canon for an arm...he can't control it. Imagine Ben getting hurt, and Ward coming over the middle for a catch...Leftwich fires a rocket, it hits Ward in the hands just as he's getting hit...it pops out and a safety claims it as an INT.

Granted thats a reach. I'd feel much better with Dennis Dixon at QB at this time than Leftwich. He won the game against the bills...it just turned out Micah couldn't hold onto it. I like that kid, by the way...Micah Rucker. I think he could be great...and I think he should be our 3rd string TE...if he can learn to block.

If he can't...he's off the team, simple as that. Anyway...what do you guys think?

LZ

“Steelers Forever”

Since: Dec 07

Cranberry Township PA

#7 Aug 20, 2008
Dixon won't be #2 this year. Byron is it for now.
It will be interesting if Charlie is put on IR. We could sure use that roster spot. I like Rucker alot. Hopefully, he will clear waivers and make the PS. According to Ed Bouchette Humapal might be cut too. I hope he makes it, but
he's still hurting.

STEELERS ROCK !!!

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Butler, PA

#8 Aug 20, 2008
I'm in a wait and see mode with Leftwich. I guess I just haven't seen him too much. I know some Steeler fans down in jacksonville are ready to jump off a bridge at the thought of him taking snaps but I say give him a chance. Hopefully we will never have to see how he does because Ben will take every snap. I have to agree with Bill here that Dixon will be 3rd string this year. But Wow! let's get the ball in this guys hands! He can be a better slash than slash ever was. He is a playmaker that's for sure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keyaron Fox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Special teams showing renewed vigor (Sep '10) Sep '10 Rex J Steelman 1
News Patience pays off for Vikings' Taylor (Nov '09) Dec '09 muskratbob 37
News Steelers beat mistake-prone Favre, Vikings 27-17 (Oct '09) Nov '09 Rex J Steelman 89
News Hampton senses his time is up with Steelers (Sep '09) Sep '09 Bob Roberts 3
News Steelers Re-Sign Linebacker Keyaron Fox (Apr '09) Apr '09 Rex J Steelman 3
News Steelers win record sixth Super Bowl (Feb '09) Feb '09 Happy Gilmore 101
News Chiefs notes: High praise for Bowe (Sep '07) Sep '07 harv 1
More from around the web