Vikings' Pat Williams loses StarCaps ...

Vikings' Pat Williams loses StarCaps appeal in Minnesota Supreme Court

There are 13 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 28, 2011, titled Vikings' Pat Williams loses StarCaps appeal in Minnesota Supreme Court. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The Minnesota Supreme Court has cleared the way for the NFL to suspend Minnesota Vikings defensive lineman Pat Williams in a long-running anti-doping case.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Frank W

Greer, SC

#1 Apr 28, 2011
Pretty interesting how this is only legal victory the league seems to be winning these days....
purplehomer

United States

#2 Apr 28, 2011
It's about time! At least this loser dosen't have a Super Bowl ring. If you choose to try to bypass the rules, be prepared to face the consequences. And before you whine that he took a diet pill, his contract also says no taking diet pills to make weight.
Steve

Grand Forks, ND

#3 Apr 28, 2011
That clears up any possible gray area. You are responsible for anything you consume. No exceptions.

The fairness of is it that it is an attempt to eliminate the use and masking of performance enhancing substances. If you want to be bigger, stronger, or faster, do the work.

I know the Williamses were not accused of using performance enhancing drugs, but it it sends a strong message to anyone who would consider using them.
Huge Jazz

Montréal, Canada

#4 Apr 28, 2011
Time to call it a career Pat. You got your money.
the real just another day

Hugo, MN

#5 Apr 28, 2011
Just another day in loserville...
Hugh Jardon

Clermont, FL

#6 Apr 28, 2011
In addition to the appeal, this bloat-gut thug needs to lose 100#s.
jmr

Ada, MN

#7 Apr 28, 2011
purplehomer wrote:
It's about time! At least this loser dosen't have a Super Bowl ring. If you choose to try to bypass the rules, be prepared to face the consequences. And before you whine that he took a diet pill, his contract also says no taking diet pills to make weight.
It does not say no diet pills to make weight you retard! The league knew this stuff was in it and did not punish over a dozen players but when it came the following year even though they never again said anything about it they punished several other players. Learn to read you freaking IDIOT!
the real just another day

Hugo, MN

#8 Apr 28, 2011
Update on Fat Pat's punishment:

Roger Goodell has ordered Fat Pat to remain with the Vikings for the next season. "While this may seem excessive and cruel, it is my intention to let the players know I mean it this time. Now, I gotta decide what to do with that Bert Favor guy and those pics of his 'fat pat'."

'No way', said the two tons of fun.'I'm outa heah. I'll play for Detroit before I stay with this mess'. The forklift carefully lowered him into his dump truck and slowly pulled away.....
punt this

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Apr 29, 2011
Talk about a waste of the court's time! They should have just served out their suspensions!!! Both the Williamses should be forced to reimburse the courts for their time wasted on this. CHEATERS!!!
Brett

Plymouth, MN

#10 Apr 29, 2011
Frank W wrote:
Pretty interesting how this is only legal victory the league seems to be winning these days....
the winners where the lawyers, the losers, as always are the fans... at least those who shell out money for this junk
The Truth is

Newington, CT

#11 Apr 29, 2011
Brett wrote:
<quoted text>
the winners where the lawyers, the losers, as always are the fans... at least those who shell out money for this junk
If you shell money for this junk you are a loser to begin with!!!!
Wrongagain

United States

#12 Apr 29, 2011
jmr wrote:
<quoted text>
It does not say no diet pills to make weight you ****! The league knew this stuff was in it and did not punish over a dozen players but when it came the following year even though they never again said anything about it they punished several other players. Learn to read you freaking IDIOT!
It most certainly does state this in an NFL players contract.

Millions of dollars are at stake, the sum total of which depends on how the Williamses' lawsuit against the NFL is resolved and whether the Vikings seek reimbursement from their defensive stars.

At issue for Kevin Williams is up to $4.9 million, for Pat Williams as much as $3 million. All of it is jeopardized because the players tested positive for a banned substance found in the tainted weight-loss supplement they were using.

Angelo Wright, Pat Williams' agent, acknowledged that his client might have to repay a $400,000 weight bonus because Williams apparently violated

terms of his contract and the collective-bargaining agreement by using diuretics the night before weigh-ins.
Rollie Johnson

Clermont, FL

#13 Apr 30, 2011
Blivot

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kevin Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News So how far behind are the Vikings at offensive ... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 2
News Tom Powers: Vikings' offense apparently was bet... (Aug '14) Sep '14 GoVikes 10
News How Good Or Bad Is The Vikings Roster? (Jun '14) Jun '14 erie-vike fan 3
News Minnesota Vikings Day 1 Draft Primer (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Vikings have options at quarterback in NFL draft (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 4
News Minnesota Vikings' Mock Draft: Instant Contribu... (Mar '14) Mar '14 He Hate Me 3
News Minnesota Vikings Express Interest In Paul Soliai (Mar '14) Mar '14 misterdro80 2
More from around the web