Vikings make splash with three first-round picks

Apr 26, 2013 Full story: News Observer

Perhaps you thought the first 21/2 hours of Thursday's NFL Draft felt a little peculiar, what with eight offensive linemen taken among the top 20 picks with only one quarterback and zero running backs selected all night.

Full Story
viking nation

Madera, CA

#1 Apr 26, 2013
Fans of viking nation has got to be happy to get three of the top players in the draft. I know I am, Great job of drafting.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#2 Apr 27, 2013
viking nation wrote:
Fans of viking nation has got to be happy to get three of the top players in the draft. I know I am, Great job of drafting.
You guys got a great punter the 5th round, the guy was a weapon for the Bruins for yrs.
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Apr 27, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys got a great punter the 5th round, the guy was a weapon for the Bruins for yrs.
Ya I agree he was our best offensive weapon for 4 years....Go Bruins!
viking nation

Madera, CA

#4 Apr 27, 2013
Yes I think so I havn't seen much on him but from what I hear he is a great deep kicker.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#5 Apr 28, 2013
I think this was an excellent draft.Theres some confusion as to that we gave up for Patterson.We did not give up a second round.The no1 pick from Seattle for Harvin was used on Rhodes not Patterson.The third rounder from Seattle is next year.We gained the seventh back so we really ended up giving up a 3rd and 4th which to me is a risk worth taking.If you look at the whole picture we lost Brinkley and Winfield.We still need some help at middle linebacker but Im not so sure were done yet.I have to believe that some of the teams that drafted ilb will probably be releasing a linebacker so we could maybe pick someone up yet.I give this draft an A+

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kevin Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tom Powers: Vikings' offense apparently was bet... (Aug '14) Sep '14 GoVikes 10
How Good Or Bad Is The Vikings Roster? (Jun '14) Jun '14 erie-vike fan 3
Minnesota Vikings Day 1 Draft Primer (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Vikings have options at quarterback in NFL draft (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 4
Minnesota Vikings' Mock Draft: Instant Contribu... (Mar '14) Mar '14 He Hate Me 3
Minnesota Vikings Express Interest In Paul Soliai (Mar '14) Mar '14 misterdro80 2
5 Questions I Wish I Could Ask Minnesota Viking... (Feb '14) Feb '14 viking nation 1
More from around the web