Hall of Fame snub doesn't bother former Vikings defensive end Chris Doleman

As Chris Doleman continues to wait for a Pro Football Hall of Fame induction, he says he doesn't need the selection process to validate the pride he takes in a dominant 15-year career. Full Story
mr smart

Clinton, IL

#1 Feb 13, 2011
to be fair how many pointless players get in because of a ring, none
but some who don't deserve to be their compared to who they beat yeah it happens but unless I'm Chris Doleman or I live in a purple house with a Viking version of everything including the toaster I won't even care bit .001 seconds from now
Whatever

Las Vegas, NV

#2 Feb 13, 2011
mr smart wrote:
to be fair how many pointless players get in because of a ring, none
but some who don't deserve to be their compared to who they beat yeah it happens but unless I'm Chris Doleman or I live in a purple house with a Viking version of everything including the toaster I won't even care bit .001 seconds from now
I'm not sure that user name quite fits you...
Huge Jazz

Montréal, Canada

#3 Feb 14, 2011
Hall of Fame is turning into Hall of Supebowl Winners who work for a network.
KANSAS CITY VIKING

United States

#4 Feb 14, 2011
Chris Carter not being in the Hall is a crime!
The Hall of fame is turning into a joke!
SKOL VIKINGS!
HOFarts

United States

#5 Feb 15, 2011
Add more Vikings and it turns into an even bigger joke
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#6 Feb 15, 2011
The only way Zimmerman made it in was by being a donkey. Don't you understand? The HOF is for WINNERS not losers. Maybe they should add a longevity wing on the HOF that way the Queens could be honored for the first repeat 50-year-drought of never winning a superbowl and Brett Favre could go in as the most long-lived QB, net the best or deserving to be in the HOF, but certainly a spot in the longevity wing
Huge Jazz

Montréal, Canada

#7 Feb 16, 2011
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
The only way Zimmerman made it in was by being a donkey. Don't you understand? The HOF is for WINNERS not losers. Maybe they should add a longevity wing on the HOF that way the Queens could be honored for the first repeat 50-year-drought of never winning a superbowl and Brett Favre could go in as the most long-lived QB, net the best or deserving to be in the HOF, but certainly a spot in the longevity wing
OK, you're not a Vikings fan. Big deal. I happen to be one. You're not a Favre fan. Big deal. I'm not either. But the fact that Favre won a Superbowl and was the NFL MVP 3 consecutive years and holds most every record in the book IS a big deal. Sure fire first year shoe in for the HOF.

You have no credibility on your post. Why are you here anyway? I sure as heck am not interested in anything out your way.
Recordfarts

United States

#9 Feb 16, 2011
Build a separate wing for all of Favres INT's
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#10 Feb 16, 2011
Huge Jazz wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, you're not a Vikings fan. Big deal. I happen to be one. You're not a Favre fan. Big deal. I'm not either. But the fact that Favre won a Superbowl and was the NFL MVP 3 consecutive years and holds most every record in the book IS a big deal. Sure fire first year shoe in for the HOF.
You have no credibility on your post. Why are you here anyway? I sure as heck am not interested in anything out your way.
We actually have something in common. I am a cubs fan so I know what you are looking forward to (another 50 plus years of hoping and wondering why things didn't work out. I mean the F'n Saints won a SB before the vikes? Talk about a curse)
troll

Farmington, MN

#11 Feb 16, 2011
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
So you are basically saying that Dan Marino should NOt be in the HOF? Good call, only a bears fan!
Superfarts

United States

#12 Feb 16, 2011
...and the Bucs
CamanoIslandFart s

Montréal, Canada

#13 Feb 16, 2011
Nothing else. I just wanted to see what it was like to write as a 12 year old boy again.
Againfarts

United States

#14 Feb 17, 2011
CamanoIslandFarts wrote:
Nothing else. I just wanted to see what it was like to write as a 12 year old boy again.
You did a good job.....lol!!
hooey

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Feb 17, 2011
didnt bug Jim Marshall for the most obvious snub...

Doleman was more of a me and my stats first kind of player....
sorb

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Feb 17, 2011
hooey wrote:
didnt bug Jim Marshall for the most obvious snub...
Doleman was more of a me and my stats first kind of player....
Great point...all he wanted to do was compile sacks and lord knows, that sure doesn't help a team.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#17 Feb 18, 2011
sorb wrote:
<quoted text>
Great point...all he wanted to do was compile sacks and lord knows, that sure doesn't help a team.
It didn't help the Queens....look at how many superbowls they won. He was no Richard Dent
hooey

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Feb 18, 2011
Richard Dent benefitted from Buddy Ryans defensive scheme what they call it the "46" with everyone blitzing - that defense caught everyone off guard... So Dent playing elsewhere wouldve been waiting on the HOF selection list today..
sorb

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Feb 18, 2011
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>It didn't help the Queens....look at how many superbowls they won. He was no Richard Dent
It's Chris Doleman's fault that the Vikings didn't win a Super Bowl. Great analysis.
PurpleHaze

Ocean Springs, MS

#20 Feb 18, 2011
I hope he doesn't have to wait as long as Vikes fans have to wait for a Championship.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kevin Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tom Powers: Vikings' offense apparently was bet... Sep '14 GoVikes 10
How Good Or Bad Is The Vikings Roster? (Jun '14) Jun '14 erie-vike fan 3
Minnesota Vikings Day 1 Draft Primer (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Vikings have options at quarterback in NFL draft (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 4
Minnesota Vikings' Mock Draft: Instant Contribu... (Mar '14) Mar '14 He Hate Me 3
Minnesota Vikings Express Interest In Paul Soliai (Mar '14) Mar '14 misterdro80 2
5 Questions I Wish I Could Ask Minnesota Viking... (Feb '14) Feb '14 viking nation 1
More from around the web