NFL would not stagger suspensions of ...

NFL would not stagger suspensions of Vikings' Pat and Kevin Williams

There are 61 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 19, 2010, titled NFL would not stagger suspensions of Vikings' Pat and Kevin Williams. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

If the Minnesota Vikings lose defensive tackles Pat and Kevin Williams to suspensions, the team should be prepared to play the first four games of the season without both starters.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Reality Checker

Las Vegas, NV

#1 May 19, 2010
Good.

I'd rather be without both for 4 games than be missing one for each of 8 games.

If they finish the first 4 games 3-1 without the Williamses, they're in fine shape for the rest of the season. Not having them both together for the first 8 games seems like a more risky proposition to me. Maybe an ugly 5-3 start??

Whatever. Can't believe anyone seriously thought Goodell was going to do Minnesota any favors, anyway.
ALL DAY

Oxnard, CA

#3 May 19, 2010
go get haynseworth
Da Bears 2010

Glen Ellyn, IL

#4 May 19, 2010
Reality Checker wrote:
Good.
I'd rather be without both for 4 games than be missing one for each of 8 games.
If they finish the first 4 games 3-1 without the Williamses, they're in fine shape for the rest of the season. Not having them both together for the first 8 games seems like a more risky proposition to me. Maybe an ugly 5-3 start??
Whatever. Can't believe anyone seriously thought Goodell was going to do Minnesota any favors, anyway.
Thank you Abu. They cheated, of course Minnesota would not get any favors. Im thinking 0-4 to start the season.
RedNeck 4

United States

#5 May 19, 2010
Da Bears 2010 wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you Abu. They cheated, of course Minnesota would not get any favors. Im thinking 0-4 to start the season.
Still being a jerk off i see to bad none of the games would be against you crap team!!
Solution

Saint Paul, MN

#6 May 19, 2010
I think if the league insists on the suspensions, it should be for the first four games.(the preseason games) They are real games as reflected in my season ticket bill!!!!
muskratbob

Rocky Mount, NC

#7 May 19, 2010
greg ajello is frying the fish before they are caught. He should not use his openion to persaude the judge. This is just what the nfl is all about roger goodell and his way or the highway. These men (williams) wereand are innocent according to minn law.
Baguak

Chandler, AZ

#8 May 19, 2010
might as well suspend them and get it over with. It is unfortunate what has happened to them. It is unfortunate that it can happen to someone else. None of us are prepared to call a company and get a list of ingredients for every single thing we put in our bodies. If so I need to call Burger King right away.... Anyhow, I think they can get by and will be fresh for the rest of the season. If Brett doesnt come back then who really cares anyhow, it is not like sage or jackson are leading this team to the promise land....
jeb

United States

#9 May 19, 2010
There has been speculation the NFL could consider staggering the suspensions rather than sidelining them for the same four games. But NFL spokesman Greg Aiello shot down that notion Wednesday.

"There is no such precedent," he said. "It is not how the program works."

Chaska, MN

#10 May 19, 2010
ALL DAY wrote:
go get haynseworth
Where do you play Haynesworth when the suspensions are over? He's not a nose tackle, and you have 2 solid bookends with Williams and Edwards.
Da Bears 2010

Glen Ellyn, IL

#11 May 19, 2010
RedNeck 4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Still being a jerk off i see to bad none of the games would be against you crap team!!
Yes lucky for you!! Seeing we ROCKED you last game.
Da Bears 2010

Glen Ellyn, IL

#12 May 19, 2010
muskratbob wrote:
greg ajello is frying the fish before they are caught. He should not use his openion to persaude the judge. This is just what the nfl is all about roger goodell and his way or the highway. These men (williams) wereand are innocent according to minn law.
They cheated!!! NFL law or the highway. Quit hiding behind some hic Minnesoat judge.
Reality Checker

Las Vegas, NV

#13 May 19, 2010
Da Bears 2010 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes lucky for you!! Seeing we ROCKED you last game.
The Vikes lost in overtime. That constitutes getting 'ROCKED'?

Man, can't wait to see what descriptive language you'll be using when the Vikes beat the Bears by 30 points in each of two games this year.

Once your girl Urlacher gets a dose of Gerhart, he'll be back on the injured reserve list so fast, it'll make your head spin.
Reality Checker

Las Vegas, NV

#14 May 19, 2010
Da Bears 2010 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes lucky for you!! Seeing we ROCKED you last game.
Question -- if losing in overtime means 'getting ROCKED', when what would you call the Bears losing by 26 points in the first matchup?

Slaughtered?

Destroyed?

A$s-Raped?
ex favre fan

Lonsdale, MN

#15 May 19, 2010
Reality Checker wrote:
<quoted text>
Question -- if losing in overtime means 'getting ROCKED', when what would you call the Bears losing by 26 points in the first matchup?
Slaughtered?
Destroyed?
A$s-Raped?
You got beat by daBears, and most important, daSaints. Deal with it queenboy, it's just started.

“clemens for president '20”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

#16 May 19, 2010
Reality Checker wrote:
<quoted text>
Slaughtered?
Destroyed?
A$s-Raped?
All of the above brother, and then some.
ex favre fan

Lonsdale, MN

#17 May 19, 2010
Reality Check. Check out SI power rankings.... Not saying it's right, but maybe it will knock you down a notch. queen fans are in denile. Time to get real. idiot. Urlacher, Raji, and Suh will destroy him. Should have kept Chester. Not to mention Clay Matthews. Hope bert comes back.
ex favre fan

Lonsdale, MN

#18 May 19, 2010
erie-vike fan wrote:
<quoted text>All of the above brother, and then some.
You two are brothers? How about 40-60,He has to be realated somehow. All sound the same. Idiodic quotes, have to be realated. Maybe not... just typical queen fans. Hard to tell.
Da Bears 2010

Glen Ellyn, IL

#19 May 19, 2010
Reality Checker wrote:
<quoted text>
The Vikes lost in overtime. That constitutes getting 'ROCKED'?
Man, can't wait to see what descriptive language you'll be using when the Vikes beat the Bears by 30 points in each of two games this year.
Once your girl Urlacher gets a dose of Gerhart, he'll be back on the injured reserve list so fast, it'll make your head spin.
Vikes needed the game to clinch the division, thought they had a cakewalk. Surprise!!! Hopefully Toby can hang onto the ball. Its time to wait on customers again.
Da Bears 2010

Glen Ellyn, IL

#20 May 19, 2010
ex favre fan wrote:
Reality Check. Check out SI power rankings.... Not saying it's right, but maybe it will knock you down a notch. queen fans are in denile. Time to get real. idiot. Urlacher, Raji, and Suh will destroy him. Should have kept Chester. Not to mention Clay Matthews. Hope bert comes back.
Me too, He will be shipped back home by Fed Ex. Vikings fans are getting real jumpy now!!!! See how they snap at people. Cant handle the pressure.
Da Bears 2010

Glen Ellyn, IL

#21 May 19, 2010
ex favre fan wrote:
<quoted text>You two are brothers? How about 40-60,He has to be realated somehow. All sound the same. Idiodic quotes, have to be realated. Maybe not... just typical queen fans. Hard to tell.
Triplets!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kevin Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News So how far behind are the Vikings at offensive ... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 2
News Tom Powers: Vikings' offense apparently was bet... (Aug '14) Sep '14 GoVikes 10
News How Good Or Bad Is The Vikings Roster? (Jun '14) Jun '14 erie-vike fan 3
News Minnesota Vikings Day 1 Draft Primer (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Vikings have options at quarterback in NFL draft (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 4
News Minnesota Vikings' Mock Draft: Instant Contribu... (Mar '14) Mar '14 He Hate Me 3
News Minnesota Vikings Express Interest In Paul Soliai (Mar '14) Mar '14 misterdro80 2
More from around the web