For Frazier's defense, 'the sky's the...

For Frazier's defense, 'the sky's the limit'

There are 69 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Sep 29, 2010, titled For Frazier's defense, 'the sky's the limit'. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

As the Vikings' defensive coordinator, Leslie Frazier presides over a unit that has allowed an NFC-low 38 points and ranks fifth overall in the NFL.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
the troll

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Sep 29, 2010
this man should be head coach of the vikins
bill

Escanaba, MI

#2 Sep 29, 2010
these coaches should have drafted eric decker, imagine favre throwing his 500th pass to a minnesotan on a fade route!
bill

Escanaba, MI

#3 Sep 29, 2010
skol vikings!!!!!!!!!!

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#4 Sep 29, 2010
The sky's the limit.....
I've felt this defense can be one of the best, with some minor tweaks in the backfield.
Being able to shut down the pass as efficiently as the run would make this team hard to beat, especially if they start scoring some points on D.
Keith

Marquette, MI

#5 Sep 29, 2010
Purple Fans -

The unfortunate thing about Les, is that he is such a good coach, that this will be the last year we can keep him. With all of the expected and as-usual openings for Head Coach in the NFL, he will be hired for 2011.

In fact, I bet we don't get out of January with him having at least three interviews of his choosing.

He will be greatly missed, and if he takes a number of his defensive assistants with him, and we'll need a number of new assistants - and if he goes - you have to assume that a number of Viking free agents will be recruited by Les.

It will be a sad day at Winter Park.

Skol Vikings
FMC651

Holmen, WI

#6 Sep 29, 2010
Get rid of Klink and hired Leslie please.
ezg357d

AOL

#7 Sep 29, 2010
Keith wrote:
Purple Fans -
The unfortunate thing about Les, is that he is such a good coach, that this will be the last year we can keep him. With all of the expected and as-usual openings for Head Coach in the NFL, he will be hired for 2011.
In fact, I bet we don't get out of January with him having at least three interviews of his choosing.
He will be greatly missed, and if he takes a number of his defensive assistants with him, and we'll need a number of new assistants - and if he goes - you have to assume that a number of Viking free agents will be recruited by Les.
Skol Vikings
Frazier had four interviews at the end of last season He is still here as you see. Word was he gave a bad interview Who knows why none of the four teams wanted him You can bet there sorry now. The VIKES last defensive quarnater was Mike Tomlin Now the Steelers head coach. The VIKES staff knows what there doing dont you think? The Staff also knows DT Pat Williams is going to retire UnLike Your Clueless staff & head coach McCarthy. Nice Waste of a first round draft pick Bulaga is a 2nd string player at best. Why didnt McCarthy pick a running back? You Packer fans & some VIKE fans talk about Childress Well even he had the scents to to pick up one of the top Backs in the Draft & the VIKES has Peterson one of the Best Backs in the NFL But here you are stuck with Bulaga packer fans a 2nd string player & not someone to backup Grant. Why get a tackel to give Aaron more time to throw the ball When Aaron was Holding the Ball to long as it was. The tackle wasnt the reason for being sacked over 50 times last year It was Aaron holding the Ball to long. McCarthy & the Packers Staff is clueless.>>> GO VIKINGS
deer tracks

Yankton, SD

#8 Sep 29, 2010
40for60 wrote:
The sky's the limit.....
I've felt this defense can be one of the best, with some minor tweaks in the backfield.
Being able to shut down the pass as efficiently as the run would make this team hard to beat, especially if they start scoring some points on D.
A few tweaks on offense, might also help..Like having Peterson set up closer to Favre on the hand-offs...
bill

Escanaba, MI

#9 Sep 30, 2010
trading for vincent jackson would have been the right move, then they could have made berrian the posession reciever, like he was with the bears, i say trade him back to the bears and get chester back, he looks so miserable in that black uniform!
bill

Escanaba, MI

#10 Sep 30, 2010
skol vikings
lets win this game
skol vikings
honor your name
go get that first down
then get a touchdown
rock'em sock'em
fight, fight, fight, fight
skol vikings
run up the score,
yuo'll hear us yell for more
V-I-K-I-N-G-S-
skol vikings
let's go

bring on them jets, cowboys, packers and patriots, 4-0 during that stretch, baby!
5-2 here we come!
bill

Escanaba, MI

#11 Sep 30, 2010
i should buy a vikings fathead off fathead.com , then take a drive to lambeau and hang it on the front door of the atrium!

see you at lambeau next month for the pack/vikes game, my friends, brother and i will be there representing the purple people eaters of the 2010's

so hey les, 7 sacks of rodgers was good last year, this year, these vikings fans in cheeseland north would like to see another 10 at least, that way when we take it to the packers, we vike fans can celebrate this accomplishment, in true vikings lore, in their hometown stadium and more!!!!!!!!!!

skol vikings
Sherm

AOL

#12 Sep 30, 2010
It's a good defense.......... but I wonder why they get so few turnovers.
You never see them strip the ball. And when they get an interceoption,
it seems like an accident.
idea

Duluth, MN

#13 Sep 30, 2010
col. klink a decent Defense, frazier for head coach
rockies2

Boerne, TX

#14 Sep 30, 2010
The key to all this is staying healthy.If we can do that,I belive we will end up with the best defence.It was nice to see a couple of interceptions aginst the Lions.
Huge Jazz

Chicoutimi, Canada

#15 Sep 30, 2010
This defense is playing great right now and it's somewhat being lost on the "Farvre and WR's not being on the same page" deal.

Top 10 defense teams do well. The Vikes are ranked 5th right now. That's good enough to keep them in the hunt until the offense starts to click.

All Favre has to do is hand off to Peterson, throw to keep the defense honest and all will be well.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#16 Sep 30, 2010
deer tracks wrote:
<quoted text>
A few tweaks on offense, might also help..Like having Peterson set up closer to Favre on the hand-offs...
Without knowledge of why AD sets up so far in the backfield, I'm not going to try to imagine why he does. Could it be that Bienemy wants for him to wait for the holes to open? He's getting to the line too fast? Favre not enough time and distance to get AD the ball?
I don't know.

What I do know is that when Favre takes the handoff and runs with the ball outstreched the whole time, he isn't fooling anyone, lol.
oldviking

Virginia Beach, VA

#17 Sep 30, 2010
Giving up 38 points is decieving,THE aints henderson dropped one in the endzone.Lions last 2 drives they drove the ball at will for two potential tds. Great job on 1 interseption,the other went through wrs hands 2 winfield...I'M GLAD COOK AND GRIFFEN are back we have a tough road ahead with better qb's. GOOOO VIKES
What about next year

Mason, OH

#18 Sep 30, 2010
Big Pat is going to retire along with Favre. We had better plan to get a big run stuffer in here. I like Albert but don't want to put up with his attitude. We will figure something out. We still have to figure out if we are going to have Leslie as the DC.
Wiscpurplefan

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Sep 30, 2010
Sherm wrote:
It's a good defense.......... but I wonder why they get so few turnovers.
You never see them strip the ball. And when they get an interceoption,
it seems like an accident.
Good point sherm. It never hurts to get some points from the D. Great Defenses create turnovers and win Superbowls.
Joe Harmon

Green Bay, WI

#20 Sep 30, 2010
Keith wrote:
Purple Fans -
Skol Vikings
You're right, Keith. Childress, of course, will remain and the cycle of stupidity and politicking will continue ad infinitum. Here is an interesting take on the offense: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81aeffa...

Most Viking fans are in denial - when you tell them the season is over, they attack you for busting their bubble. They live in a failytale land and don't understand that things have to get worse before they get better (Childress MUST be fired!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kevin Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tom Powers: Vikings' offense apparently was bet... (Aug '14) Sep '14 GoVikes 10
News How Good Or Bad Is The Vikings Roster? (Jun '14) Jun '14 erie-vike fan 3
News Minnesota Vikings Day 1 Draft Primer (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Vikings have options at quarterback in NFL draft (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 4
News Minnesota Vikings' Mock Draft: Instant Contribu... (Mar '14) Mar '14 He Hate Me 3
News Minnesota Vikings Express Interest In Paul Soliai (Mar '14) Mar '14 misterdro80 2
News 5 Questions I Wish I Could Ask Minnesota Viking... (Feb '14) Feb '14 viking nation 1
More from around the web