Tarvaris Jackson says he's ready if Brett Favre can't play

Oct 26, 2010 Full story: ESPN 7

Tarvaris Jackson 's time as Minnesota's starting quarterback has already come and gone twice, a performance unimpressive enough that it prompted the Vikings to start planning recruiting trips to Mississippi.

Full Story
jbo334

Columbus, GA

#1 Oct 27, 2010
everyone is talking down on tavaris when brett farve old ass cant leave up to expectation. If he would have stayed his old ass at home retired all the problem that are happening to him would not be happening. Now ask urself what young qb in the last 5yrs. has came in the league and just lit it up? I feel tavaris cant do no worse than brett farve he brings more to the back field he can run also and if brad childress let him throw on first downs he would find a rhythm. 25 attempts want do it

“Time to look to next year!”

Since: Jan 07

Detroit Lakes, MN

#2 Oct 27, 2010
jbo334 wrote:
everyone is talking down on tavaris when brett farve old ass cant leave up to expectation. If he would have stayed his old ass at home retired all the problem that are happening to him would not be happening. Now ask urself what young qb in the last 5yrs. has came in the league and just lit it up? I feel tavaris cant do no worse than brett farve he brings more to the back field he can run also and if brad childress let him throw on first downs he would find a rhythm. 25 attempts want do it
I don't know what you call lighting it up, but I will say that Matt Ryan (Atlanta Falcons) and Joe Flaco (Baltimore Ravens) drafted two years after TJack are much better QB's.
erie-vike tard

United States

#3 Oct 27, 2010
jbo334 wrote:
I feel tavaris cant do no worse than brett farve
lmao!
jbo334

Columbus, GA

#4 Nov 2, 2010
both of those qb's have better recievers and tight ends that catch the ball. there coaches r letting them throw more on better down not 3rd and 8 or 3rd and 11 and they run passing plays to their strengths. also if you look at both qb's they both threw over 10 int's over the last few seasons.last everyone know when tavaris was starting rice, berrian, and shaincoe was droppin alot of passes they just started catching the ball.
jbo334

Columbus, GA

#5 Nov 2, 2010
u laughing but u c what brett got sunday carted off

“sorry we're out of cheese”

Since: Feb 07

jacksonville beach, FL

#6 Nov 2, 2010
and the old SOB is still playing next week lol. gotta give up to the guy there - the old fossil has no quit in him. Unlike a POS receiver that was just waived..
jbo334

Columbus, GA

#7 Nov 3, 2010
yeah he has no quit but when is it the right time for him to figure out he does not have it anymore. he is already is blowing the vikes season he has been blowing playoff games over the years. out of all the mistakes he is making i would rather a young qb like tavaris to b making these mistakes then him. he is a vet but he is playing like a rookie. he may be good but these young guys comin into the nfl r faster stronger and they hit hard his body cant take all that he said it his self so when is it enough.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kevin Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tom Powers: Vikings' offense apparently was bet... Sep '14 GoVikes 10
How Good Or Bad Is The Vikings Roster? (Jun '14) Jun '14 erie-vike fan 3
Minnesota Vikings Day 1 Draft Primer (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Vikings have options at quarterback in NFL draft (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 4
Minnesota Vikings' Mock Draft: Instant Contribu... (Mar '14) Mar '14 He Hate Me 3
Minnesota Vikings Express Interest In Paul Soliai (Mar '14) Mar '14 misterdro80 2
5 Questions I Wish I Could Ask Minnesota Viking... (Feb '14) Feb '14 viking nation 1
More from around the web