Minnesota Vikings' Kevin Williams: Bo...

Minnesota Vikings' Kevin Williams: Both sides were wrong in Sta...

There are 57 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 10, 2010, titled Minnesota Vikings' Kevin Williams: Both sides were wrong in Sta.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Kevin Williams testified today he is suing the NFL because the league failed to disclose that the diuretic he was using included a banned substance, resulting in the Minnesota Vikings defensive tackle being suspended four games.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Wheres the facts

Chippewa Falls, WI

#1 Mar 10, 2010
"I think it should have been disclosed that there was a banned substance in it. They didn't handle it the right way."

Why is it the responsibility of the league to tell YOU that there is a banned ingredient in a pill that YOU are putting into YOUR body upon your own free will?

Grow up and act responsible and check out what you are putting into your body.
Mayers59

Wichita Falls, TX

#2 Mar 10, 2010
Both sides did make mistakes. The NFL needs to release a list of ALL banned drugs and why they are banned to the public so we also know what is going on. It would help answer alot of questions for people. My question for anyone out there knowing. What is the banned drug in the diet pills and what does it do?
Mayers59

Wichita Falls, TX

#3 Mar 10, 2010
Wheres the facts wrote:
"I think it should have been disclosed that there was a banned substance in it. They didn't handle it the right way."
Why is it the responsibility of the league to tell YOU that there is a banned ingredient in a pill that YOU are putting into YOUR body upon your own free will?
Grow up and act responsible and check out what you are putting into your body.
It will help players know what not to take and what they can take. People take diet pills all the time, but if there are certain ones that have drugs in them that is banned by the NFL, they players should know so they don't take those.
bdk

Hugo, MN

#4 Mar 10, 2010
Wheres the facts wrote:
"I think it should have been disclosed that there was a banned substance in it. They didn't handle it the right way."
Why is it the responsibility of the league to tell YOU that there is a banned ingredient in a pill that YOU are putting into YOUR body upon your own free will?
Grow up and act responsible and check out what you are putting into your body.
Let me guess ... you are a Packer fan?
fracas

Tucson, AZ

#5 Mar 10, 2010
I presume that the Williams' will prevail and win this case. In all honesty, the NFL's hands are pretty dirty in this trial. The NFL knew that starcaps contained a forbidden substance, but didn't tell the players. The NFL also violated medical privacy laws and is culpable in that regard.

The Williams' appear to have been taking starcaps for weight loss, and not as a masking agent. I think it would behoove the NFL to just walk away from this trial and reinstate the Williams'. At the very least the NFL should offer the Williams', and the other players affected, a one game suspension..........AND HOPE TO HELL THE PLAYERS TAKE IT. If the NFL loses this case, and they will, it starts to set a precendent that will lead to other players, who have more serious offenses, to challenge the NFL's authority.

The NFL lawyers should realize that they have to pick their battles. They should just admit that the NFL made errors in the handling of this case, and save their ammo for when they have a stronger case against someone in the future.
T-Bone

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Mar 10, 2010
Kevin Williams the strip club pole whuppin, pro bowl skipping, love boat punk needs to be cut loose ASAP. What a joke and embarrassment he is to this state and any parent who has a daughter or brother who has a sister. Why is he even being quoted? Pat Williams now has his good name linked with this loser. Where is the era of accountability Childress and Spielman? Do what you say you are going to do or your word means nothing.
p.s. I heard Peppers told his agent that he only wanted to be on a team in the NFC North so he could make McKinney his Beeootch twice a year.
fracas

Tucson, AZ

#7 Mar 10, 2010
To "Wheres the facts",

What more do you want the players to do? They said that the banned ingredient was not on the label. If it not on the label, how are they to know that there is something forbidden inside? Do you want them to take everything they put in their mouth, or drink, to a chemistry lab? Do you take everything that you eat, or drink, to your local chemistry lab to have it analysed? Aren't you afraid that YOUR employer may discipline you because something you eat might contain something that is not on the label?

Of course not. For that reason you cannot expect the Williams to do anything that a rational consumer would be expected to do.

As to the point about the league having no responsibility to tell the players what was in starcaps, my answer would be this. The league has resources that the players don't have. If the league has knowledge about a product that it suspects players MAY be interested in using, it would be both PRUDENT and RESPONSIBLE to share that information with the players. The cost of sharing the information is nil in this day and age of electronic communication.

You sound like a bitter fan of the team to the east.
Dee

Centreville, VA

#8 Mar 10, 2010
I love the "YOU that there is a banned ingredient in a pill that YOU are putting into YOUR body upon your own free will" crap people keep giving.

Do you have a pocket chemist with you at all times to test all the food you eat and the supplements you might take? Do you really think NFL players should have to pay for their own private chemists?

Have you ever seen the Discovery Channel show "Mythbusters"? They do an episode on poppy seed muffins. The actors/hosts/whatever were still testing positive for HEROIN hours after eating a muffin.

Is that the kind of workplace you want? Where you have to watch what freaking muffin you eat for breakfast because you might test positive for a drug in a random drug test?

This case has huge ramifications for future HGH testing. It is admitted by ALL involved that the test is currently not as accurate as it could be. Are the hormones injected into our beef going to set it off? Are you really suggesting we make these men live in a world where they have to raise their own cattle if they want a burger?

If the NFL knows there is a banned (and dangerous - let's not forget diuretics can be a cause of death) substance in a supplement the NFL KNOWS players use, the NFL has a responsibility to let the players know.

Their stand is completely inexcusable.
bdk

Hugo, MN

#9 Mar 10, 2010
T-Bone wrote:
Kevin Williams the strip club pole whuppin, pro bowl skipping, love boat punk needs to be cut loose ASAP. What a joke and embarrassment he is to this state and any parent who has a daughter or brother who has a sister. Why is he even being quoted? Pat Williams now has his good name linked with this loser. Where is the era of accountability Childress and Spielman? Do what you say you are going to do or your word means nothing.
p.s. I heard Peppers told his agent that he only wanted to be on a team in the NFC North so he could make McKinney his Beeootch twice a year.
Um, pretty sure it was McKinney who had the strip club pole incident. And Kevin Williams skipped the probowl, well so did about 45 other players.
Old fan

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Mar 10, 2010
the other thing that was missing is that all the ingrediants were not listed on the label as they were suppose to be. The NFL knew but did not tell the players
WilliamsWrecking Crew

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Mar 10, 2010
When Kevin said, "I think it should have been disclosed that there was a banned substance in it. They didn't handle it the right way." HE SUMMED IT UP
Bullfarts

Houston, TX

#12 Mar 10, 2010
Missing Ingredients List: Obviously never stopped them before from eating
cheaters

United States

#13 Mar 10, 2010
Dee wrote:
I love the "YOU that there is a banned ingredient in a pill that YOU are putting into YOUR body upon your own free will" crap people keep giving.
Do you have a pocket chemist with you at all times to test all the food you eat and the supplements you might take? Do you really think NFL players should have to pay for their own private chemists?
Have you ever seen the Discovery Channel show "Mythbusters"? They do an episode on poppy seed muffins. The actors/hosts/whatever were still testing positive for HEROIN hours after eating a muffin.
Is that the kind of workplace you want? Where you have to watch what freaking muffin you eat for breakfast because you might test positive for a drug in a random drug test?
This case has huge ramifications for future HGH testing. It is admitted by ALL involved that the test is currently not as accurate as it could be. Are the hormones injected into our beef going to set it off? Are you really suggesting we make these men live in a world where they have to raise their own cattle if they want a burger?
If the NFL knows there is a banned (and dangerous - let's not forget diuretics can be a cause of death) substance in a supplement the NFL KNOWS players use, the NFL has a responsibility to let the players know.
Their stand is completely inexcusable.
And do you know what the ingredients listed on Star Caps? Well here they are papaya, Mango, if you aren't smart enough to figure that there is more in it than these ffuits you are a moron.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#14 Mar 10, 2010
cheaters wrote:
<quoted text>
And do you know what the ingredients listed on Star Caps? Well here they are papaya, Mango, if you aren't smart enough to figure that there is more in it than these ffuits you are a moron.
So, your trying to lose weight?

Free Williams

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#15 Mar 10, 2010
OK
you're
fan for life

Hugo, MN

#16 Mar 10, 2010
he's lying..........
Bullfarts

Houston, TX

#17 Mar 10, 2010
.....and eating
Dee

Centreville, VA

#18 Mar 10, 2010
cheaters wrote:
And do you know what the ingredients listed on Star Caps? Well here they are papaya, Mango, if you aren't smart enough to figure that there is more in it than these ffuits you are a moron.
Wow, you're a clever fellow, aren't you?

Sort of missed my point, champ, do you lug a chemist with you everywhere you go? Do you ask specific ingredients for every meal you eat that you have not personally made? Do you buy only organic feed for your cattle from which you make the only steaks you eat?

No? Then stop pouting because your team sucks and think of the greater picture to all of this. Today it's the Vikings. As it stands now, there's nothing stopping Goodell from setting a trap for YOUR team and players.

Tool.
Bullfarts

Houston, TX

#19 Mar 10, 2010
Setting a trap: Quoting all last season that with Favre the Super Bowl is in the bag
Chris

United States

#20 Mar 10, 2010
Bullfarts wrote:
Missing Ingredients List: Obviously never stopped them before from eating
How do you know the ingredients list isn't complete....these are football players, not dietitians.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kevin Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News So how far behind are the Vikings at offensive ... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 2
News Tom Powers: Vikings' offense apparently was bet... (Aug '14) Sep '14 GoVikes 10
News How Good Or Bad Is The Vikings Roster? (Jun '14) Jun '14 erie-vike fan 3
News Minnesota Vikings Day 1 Draft Primer (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Vikings have options at quarterback in NFL draft (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 4
News Minnesota Vikings' Mock Draft: Instant Contribu... (Mar '14) Mar '14 He Hate Me 3
News Minnesota Vikings Express Interest In Paul Soliai (Mar '14) Mar '14 misterdro80 2
More from around the web